EC vendor search not working

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
edited December 2019 in General Discussions
Put in item. Then add price range.  It ignores all of that. Does not work.

Comments

• It just starts the search when u try to add price to criteria 
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Are you using the Default UI?
  • Pinco UI
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    You will need to wait for Pinco to update. Vendor search on Atlantic for 'legendary' with price set '10,000,000 to 175,000,000' worked perfectly in default UI.
  • Yes  I have contacted Pinco. Thank you Bleak and Mariah for help 
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited December 2019
    This search used to work fine before all the problems. Too vague every single time now :(

Works fine for auctions though. Why does it bring up auction safes that are non running by the way?

Atlantic using default EC.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited December 2019
    :/ 

Too bad the maintenance didnt help. I doubt it will ever get fixed now..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    Is a fix coming soon?? It still seems to be broken.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    As an experiment I just conducted the search screen printed in the post above on Atlantic, with a difference of setting price range lower end to 500,000 to remove legendary repair deeds from the search. I then removed criteria one at a time until I got a result.
    The successful search criteria were:
    Item name
    Price Range (500,000 - 175, 000,000)
    Not Gargoyles only
    Not Elves only
    Price: Low to High
    Non Auction Item.

Hopefully this experiment will help to identify the problem.
  • Vendor search on CC is also corrupt. I spent 2 hrs trying to search for musicianscip alacrity - with this streng: alacrity music, alacrity musicianchip -  all was 'too vague'. 

- dont know what more i can enter for to search for music alacrity, when I enter full string of what I search, and it is too vague.
    edited January 2020
    Mariah said:
    As an experiment I just conducted the search screen printed in the post above on Atlantic, with a difference of setting price range lower end to 500,000 to remove legendary repair deeds from the search. I then removed criteria one at a time until I got a result.
    The successful search criteria were:
    Item name
    Price Range (500,000 - 175, 000,000)
    Not Gargoyles only
    Not Elves only
    Price: Low to High
    Non Auction Item.

Hopefully this experiment will help to identify the problem.
    This is not much use to find not brittle/antique/cursed items though :(

The settings I posted in the screenshot used to work fine everytime until the issues. I've tried various ways and it sometimes works if you just remove "not cursed" but then you get all the power scrolls showing. This is even more strange because by doing this would in theory make it even more vague but yet it works. You would think by adding the "not cursed" would make it less vague.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    The more specific the search, the better chance it returns as too vauge.

They need to modify the return results.  Is it too Vauge or does the search take to long.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    it only works about half the time in any client.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    I can add my experience: searching for "Kitten" (as in "A Kitten Rised By") gives a "Too Vague" result. It wasn't so before the VS revamp... :'(
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Mandrake said:
    Vendor search on CC is also corrupt. I spent 2 hrs trying to search for musicianscip alacrity - with this streng: alacrity music, alacrity musicianchip -  all was 'too vague'. 

- dont know what more i can enter for to search for music alacrity, when I enter full string of what I search, and it is too vague.
    Scroll of music will yield alacrity as well.
    If I email the support should I make the bug report vague or detailed?
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    DJAd said:
    If I email the support should I make the bug report vague or detailed?

:D
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    lol
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • It is out of order in CC too.   
    The search mode for simple things that I need for pricing items for my vendors is very frustrating. You cant find "bag of sending" no matter what account, character or shard it comes back the same as DJAd's  menu shows.  I get it on a lot of things I need to price... Are you sure you tested this? Cause in my books its in need of repair.
    Are you sure you tested this? Cause in my books its in need of repair.
    It most definitely is in need of repair. It was one of, if not the best addition to the game for a long time and now its broken. It worked pretty much perfectly before until the recent updates/publish. I can't remember exactly which one it was. @Bleak please take a look babe x