Has anyone had this happen to their Ship ?

poppspopps Posts: 1,682
edited January 15 in General Discussions
Yesterday the Ship was fine at 100% health.

Trammel, Tokuno Waters. Today I log, and I find the Ship totally destroyed at 28% health.

Aside from understanding how a Ship in Trammel with no character on the Hold may have ended up destroyed down at 28% health which I have no idea how it could happen (a bug ?), I fully repair it as the picture shows all the way to 100% Health BUT the graphics still shows a destroyed Ship.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them ?

Shall I page for a Game Master to get it fixed ?


Comments

  • MargeMarge Posts: 315
    Most likely a pirate ship or beacon spawned near your ship and blew it up. It can happen to an empty boat - I moved a few boats out the way during this pirate event when I sailed by and saw them being attacked. As for the ship still looking damaged, you should be able to shoot a cannon and it should looked right after.
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,682
    Marge said:
    Most likely a pirate ship or beacon spawned near your ship and blew it up. It can happen to an empty boat - I moved a few boats out the way during this pirate event when I sailed by and saw them being attacked. As for the ship still looking damaged, you should be able to shoot a cannon and it should looked right after.
    I tried shooting a Cannon but it did nothing..... just wasted a Charge, a Fuse and a Cannonball....
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,682
    Paged for a Game Master but could not fix the Ship, unfortunately....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 977
    can you dry dock it?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 3,029
    edited January 15
    Repair yoiur ship restart UO.
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,682
    Pawain said:
    Repair yoiur ship restart UO.
    Was the first thing I thought about before paging for the Game Master but it did not work, unfortunately....
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,682
    can you dry dock it?
    This is the suggestion I was given by the GameMaster, I have storage issues at the moment, though, and have nowhere to move the stuff in the hold so, untill I sort out my storage issues I cannot dry dock it....

    I REALLY hope that Broadsword and EA will put for sale anothat House and Bank Storage increase.... the storage issues are limiting seriously my ability to play UO....

    And each new content released adds new items to store by the ton....

    Oh well...
  • MargeMarge Posts: 315
    Tried crossing a server line? All your characters have boats in the water with full holds? If not, put a boat out with a different toon right next to the buggy boat and transfer contents. All toons have a full boat - then buy 5 packies and use them just long enough to empty the hold (heavy items - use commodity deeds) and dry dock. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,682
    Marge said:
    Tried crossing a server line? All your characters have boats in the water with full holds? If not, put a boat out with a different toon right next to the buggy boat and transfer contents. All toons have a full boat - then buy 5 packies and use them just long enough to empty the hold (heavy items - use commodity deeds) and dry dock. 
    Not all, but 3 do have them and all Holds are full....

    The way you suggest, with a 4th boat, is likely how I am going to handle it although, I wished we did get a new purchaseable House Storage and Bank upgrade to be able to play with more ease and relaxedly, free to enjoy new loot and items and not worrying that I have nowhere to put them....

    And it would be good new, fresh money for the upkeep and maintainance of Ultima Online !!
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,036
    Since you are on a low populated shard why not find a deserted part of the coast line, take everything out of the hold, put it on the ground, dry dock, take it out of dry dock, and reload the hold?  You have at least 30 minutes before the stuff on the ground will go puff.
  • poppspopps Posts: 1,682
    TimSt said:
    Since you are on a low populated shard why not find a deserted part of the coast line, take everything out of the hold, put it on the ground, dry dock, take it out of dry dock, and reload the hold?  You have at least 30 minutes before the stuff on the ground will go puff.
    I went the way of placing an additional ship with another character, moved everything from one hold to the other, dry docked the bugged ship, then put it back at sea and then moved everything back into the original hold.

    Took sometime to get it all done, I wished the Game Master could have fixed it without having to go through all of this hassle but oh well, I guess this is how it had to go....

    I hope that the Ship does not get bugged once again.....
  • QuintusQuintus Posts: 14
    This happened to me once years ago. High Seas was relatively new I believe, maybe out a year. Had my boat docked at my house on ice isle in Fel for months. One day I got on and noticed it was shot to hell. I just assumed some PKs were being pricks so I repaired it and docked it in Trinsic instead. Pretty crappy feeling though to get on an see your ship burning.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 598
    popps said:
    Marge said:
    Tried crossing a server line? All your characters have boats in the water with full holds? If not, put a boat out with a different toon right next to the buggy boat and transfer contents. All toons have a full boat - then buy 5 packies and use them just long enough to empty the hold (heavy items - use commodity deeds) and dry dock. 
    Not all, but 3 do have them and all Holds are full....

    The way you suggest, with a 4th boat, is likely how I am going to handle it although, I wished we did get a new purchaseable House Storage and Bank upgrade to be able to play with more ease and relaxedly, free to enjoy new loot and items and not worrying that I have nowhere to put them....

    And it would be good new, fresh money for the upkeep and maintainance of Ultima Online !!

    Opening a new account also provides extra storage and money for the cause. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 3,029
    Urge said:
    Opening a new account also provides extra storage and money for the cause. 
    And 7 more Tabards.
Sign In or Register to comment.