Did they break the pirates?

I have been sitting here throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this pirate, gone thru 1400 arrows and he is still at 3/4 health.  Not even making a dent doing 30+ damage with every hit.  Just curious is others are seeing this.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Need more info.  What specials are you using. What is the full template.

1400 Arrows would sink Beacons.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Has the ship been scuttled?
  • That is the setup that I am and have been using.  Haven't done the pirates this month, been playing with the halloween stuff.  Prior to that, same set up and I was going thru probably 1100 to 1300 arrows to kill them.  Today, it took me (no exaggeration) 2300 arrows, 40 grapshot fires, kept running out of mana on the ignore armor and i lost track of the time it took.  I had repaired all my armor and my bow prior to going out. 
  • ZekeTerra said:
    Has the ship been scuttled?
    It was, yes
    edited October 2019
    I cant see 200 points.  Chiv and something?
    Get rid of Healing and put in Chivalry you try to avoid contact as an archer. Chiv removes poison, curses and heals. Also can res others.  You do great base damage. Chivalry has Enemy of One that increases damage including AI. Consecrate changes damage to the lowest resist of the target. Divine Fury increases attack speed. The pirates will go down a lot faster.

You can imbue a bow that is better than the Ironwood. 
    The Mana Leech makes a big difference:

This bow can be enhanced to 40 SSI.
    @popps ; (most good PvM weapons are crafted.)

Your resists are kinda low.
  • Sir_JermsSir_Jerms Posts: 63
    edited October 2019
    Okay.  Thanks for the info.  Resist Spells is at 100.  other pts are just random right now

edited October 2019
    Wonderful.  I can deliver a bow like that to any shard. You do great base damage. 

Buy Chiv, Increase Focus. Decrease the random stuff first.  Then decrease healing.
    You can keep the resist but eventually you can put another skill there. Resist spells just decreases the duration of spells at this point in your adventures. Chiv can cure and remove curse.  Carry Orange Petals and Enchanted Apples all the time.

You can do the Chiv quest in Haven, First buy chiv to max in Luna. Give 400 gold after asking to train. Go to Haven and get the Chivalry quest from the Paladin.  Go play then return to get a trinket when it is 50.  Your chivalry will increase as you use it.

http://www.uoguide.com/Chivalry

Is that old Barbed Imbued armor?  Get a Talisman.  Resists kinda low but that not the issue here.
    Your armor and swing speed need some work by increasing Dex/Stamina.

http://www.uoguide.com/Swing_Speed_Increase

The Chiv and a bow with Mana Leech will help a lot.  

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I posted on Stratics yesterday, I encountered a physical immune ship and crew.  Couldn’t damage the ship with cannons at all and only elemental damage for the crew and pirate.
  • Merus said:
    I posted on Stratics yesterday, I encountered a physical immune ship and crew.  Couldn’t damage the ship with cannons at all and only elemental damage for the crew and pirate.
    I was starting to wonder if that was the case.  I was able to scuttle the boat quite easily, but the crew definitely seemed stronger, and the pirate was horrendously difficult compared to those that I have taken on in the past.  
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I heard that if you disarm them, it makes it harder to kill.
    A fellow guild member had a pet with Bladeweave & as soon as he switched pets, was able to start taking it down. 
    My pet has bladeweave too but I have to fireball it, to make it look like its going down. Thinking I need to switch pets when fighting them myself.
  • Y'all were enjoying it too much, so they had to turn it up to increase the grind...

• Sir_Jerms said:
    I have been sitting here throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this pirate, gone thru 1400 arrows and he is still at 3/4 health.  Not even making a dent doing 30+ damage with every hit.  Just curious is others are seeing this.
    I started to think you had to have a quest in order to hurt them. Like the one to get the orc ship parts, but I guess they're just extremely tough.
  • Strangely today its actually been hit and miss.  Some seem to be the the ones that I was used to going up against a month ago, using up around 900 to 1100 arrows, and then there are some that seem to have perma-health.  Those seem to be on boats that I have scuttled near server lines or close to shore.  Just my findings of today's adventures
    edited October 2019
    Did you put Chivalry on him?  PLEASE do that.

The pumpkin head pirates and orcs take longer to kill than the past ones.

You could have had Chiv to 60 by now.

You are filling Soulbinders while doing this right?  You are using too many arrows!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I did ten pirates today on a mage tamer without any issues. Same amount of difficulty as they have been since they have spawned as pumpkin heads.

One I killed right by the server line also.

This was all in Tokuno Atlantic.

edited October 2019
    Grace said:
    I did ten pirates today on a mage tamer without any issues. Same amount of difficulty as they have been since they have spawned as pumpkin heads.

One I killed right by the server line also.

This was all in Tokuno Atlantic.

There seems to be an Elephant in the room.  Dude has 100 random skill points and no mana regen.  Of course it takes forever. First step put on Chivalry.

Pretty funny players trying to say there is a bug.  I wonder if there setup looks similar...

Killing Dread Pirates is a good way to fill bottles at your own pace.  If you need to improve your toons efficiency please make a thread and show your skills, stats, template, weapons.

With 720 + skill points, all builds can be hybrids.  There are lots of fun Archer Hybrids.