CHAT : Is there a "key" to "directly" address text to a specific character ?

Yes, there is [party] mode but for that, one needs to be close to the other character and tell him/her to accept the party mode....

What I am asking is, whether there is a way to address text to a specific character without being physically close to that character....

For example, say that on General CHAT a character shows up ....

<123456789> charactername : blah blah blah....

Now, one wants to answer to that given character but NOT in the Chat so that the text would be for public displaying but only and specifically for that <123456789> charactername to see it....

Is there a way to do this ?

@Bleak ?

Comments

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    There is not. (except for GMs, EMs, etc)

There is 'global chat', which does not need party, guild, etc, but you need to friend each other first.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    That's unfortunate.... I wished there was one way to be able to address a given character without joining in a party....
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    The game is capable of it, cuz the powers that be can do so already. Who knows, maybe it will be an update someday.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited September 2019
    Global chat works with any toon on the account and across shards. Sorry having to be next to someone one time is so inconvenient for you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Thw current chat system, allow you to create your own channel, so maybe, you can create your own channel and have ur friend join.
    The OP wants to see someone in Gen chat and then send a Private message to them. 

I would rather not have someone personally stalking me by some new chat method.  We should have a choice about who talks to you like we have now.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    Private messages would be blocked like you can block the person in gen chat.
    I have never blocked anyone so I would not know how to do that :)

I would annoy a stalker and they would block me instead.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    I've blocked some of the more potty mouthed PvPers on Atlantic. Since I don't PvP I loose nothing of importance.  :)