UO Swag Store

I saw a post from Ultima Online on social media
asking for suggestions for the UO Swag Store...
since we can't post pics there, I'd like to post here

I'd like a 16oz stainless steel travel cup like pictured above
with the 15th Anniversary poster on it
cup.jpg 16.7K

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    I would also love a keychain with the virtue symbols on it
  • EM ObsidianEM Obsidian Posts: 321Event Moderator
    Bumper stickers! 

bs.bmp 224.8K
    https://www.facebook.com/em.obsidian 
    eventmoderatorobsidian@gmail.com
    Bumper stickers! 

I would like that if it said, giant beetle
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited August 2019
    That swag store that is neither run by Broadsword nor by EA or Origin? That neither has any official UO logo nor any link to Broadsword or EA? I would rather spent money where it supports the game not on some anonymous individual.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    ^^^^^^^ 
    what she said
    in a non-sarcastic, and totally serious way
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    amen ^^^^^^
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Can any of you direct me to an Electronics Arts store that sells T shirts etc?

I guess outsourcing is not familiar to you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    walking stick medallions using the shards shields
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited August 2019
    Pawain said:

I guess outsourcing is not familiar to you.
    Outsourcing is fine, so long as the outsource identifies as such by language such as...
    "Ultima Online logo and artwork are licensed from Electronic Arts, Inc. ..." etc. etc.
    Instead, you find language notifying the site visitors against the illegal use of their *cough* website items (read: images). What you find is a generic T&C provided by SquareSpace... the site provider and architecture of this oh-so-simple spot on the web.

You will find no such language anywhere on the site related to the actual license holder (Electronic Arts) or the licensed software developer (Broadsword). The closest you will find to anything identifiable is in the T&C which states their juris is Florida (equating to the physical location or at least the LCC registration state of an as of yet unnamed business entity)... but no mention (even in the disclaimer statement) of EA, BS, or even UO... which is funny for a on-shore licensee of any brand, no matter how small it be.

Basically, they have a cookie-cutter T&C which they did search/replace for "company" with "UO SWAG" and no where do they make any link or statement as to being a licensee of EA. Personally, if this were someone selling my branded products, I'd be checking with my legal team and prepping a C&D. I find it really awkward for BS (a subcontractor of EA) to be pushing UOSwag (a questionable licensee of EA products) without having full transparency (which is what the BS website purports to uphold); especially on the front page.

Just saying.....

ETA: At least the DAoC "swag store" state right at the top of the Zazzle page that it is run by Broadsword....
    They have already told us the store is Legit and has the right to use the Logos.

At least someone who knows of UO is running it.
    Pawain said:
    They have already told us the store is Legit and has the right to use the Logos.

Maybe it's just me, but a game merch shop going to lengths hiding his owner, his adress, basically like its on of those gold seller sites, sounds highly suspicious.

There have been cases where customers had to reach out on this public board to get an reply from the shop owner. Feedback on facebook suggests there are more. It has all the ingredients of the gold sellers sites.

But you are free to assume your money goes to support the game there, not someones pension fund.
    UO Swag Store is a link you go to from this website.

And I assumed the Ultima Online page on social media, where I saw this post, is legit.
    It is the page where I see posted, details about when there is new stories, publish notes, etc
    And since I couldn't post pics there, I came here.

Please don't post your opinions about the swag store.
    This post is about ideas to add to the swag store.

If you have ideas for merchandise, please share those ideas
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Has anybody figured out where the UO Swag Store is located
    JollyJade said:
    Pawain said:

Maybe it's just me, but a game merch shop going to lengths hiding his owner, his adress, basically like its on of those gold seller sites, sounds highly suspicious.

There have been cases where customers had to reach out on this public board to get an reply from the shop owner. Feedback on facebook suggests there are more. It has all the ingredients of the gold sellers sites.

But you are free to assume your money goes to support the game there, not someones pension fund.

Whenever I buy something online I do not care about the seller.  I was buyin stuff when ebay was a baby. Then Amazon. I am glad someone that plays UO is running the store.  EA is a huge company and they have no official T shirt store. But UO does.  Why are people complaining that UO has a swag store when the Billion Dollar Daddy does not have one.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Who cares who is running it. Buy...or don't. At least someone is.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited August 2019
    Just my opinion, but it sounds like this UO Swag store started with an icq/email to someone in BS from a really close UO playing friend...maybe something like "Hey we don't have anyone selling UO swag, mind if I create one and get exclusive rights to it?"  I'll bet I'm close. And in an effort to prevent a message from a moderator warning me of my trolling attempt, I love UO swag. I still have the baseball cap I bought from Origin when I lived in Austin, I would totally love to own some new stuff, and I"ll buy it from a legit  web sight, when one gets created.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    walking stick medallions using the shards shields
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    jelinidas said:
    Who cares who is running it. Buy...or don't. At least someone is.
    A lot of people do. So it is important to raise awareness. As this site neither has any link to Broadsword or EA, nor any mentions of those in the fine print, I doubt any money spend there is actually supporting the game.
    @Mariah please lock this thread... 
    this was intended for ideas for the swag store
    not a debate about the validity of the swag store
    which is a link from this website
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Done :)
This discussion has been closed.