Stealing bugs in felucca

When random stealing from players the game will often choose items that are insured or blessed or can't be stolen such as containers. This is a huge problem in felucca since anything that can be insured always is.

Targeted stealing is also problematic, when you target stacked items such for example 8 potions (which weighs 16 stones), you'll basically fail every time.

If the dev team could just give a little consideration to thieves in felucca it would be really appreciated.

the fix would be so simple.

1. if you random steal on a player it shouldn't try to steal things that cannot be stolen.

2. if target steal stacked items, it should attempt to steal the correct amount/weight for your stealing skill.

this alone would be a ***massive*** increase to the quality of life for thieves in felucca.

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    The days of player stealing are long gone unless you get a rare moment where a samp stands still after a spawn. 
  • maybe true but if these bugs were fixed at least we'd have a chance to random steal it.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 292
    Stealing is always best with snooping skill to target what you want to steal,
    but in modern UO people move so much around the bag you snooped open will close if they move 1 tile. also you cant steal from people if they are more than 1 tile away (makes sence though) but as I say in modern time UO people move so much around any stealing is a though task.

I have successfully stolen some powerscrolls from people doing spawns, I guess its about the best fun a thief can have these days. Everything else gets insured.

Suggestions:
    1: Snoop bag stays open entire time
    2: Stealing should be possible upto 5tiles away (still have to go upto them to snoop in first place)
    3: Random stealing should always target non-insured stuff.
    4: Random stealing should try get the right amount in weight from a stack.

These 4 suggestions would boost player stealing immensely.

If wanted thieves should also have the ability to make a "priority list" of stealables,
    so when doing random stealing on a player it would target the item ontop of list first.
    If the player doesnt have that item it should move to number 2 and 3 and so forth.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,805
    edited July 2019

I would add

Targeted stealing should have the same weight limit as random stealing. 15 instead of 12 stones.
    Targeted stealing should try to get the right amount in weight from a stack.

• @psycho ;

Actually the victim's pack only closes if the thief moves, not the victim. You can use shadow jump with your victim's pack open and it will remain open as well.

As far as random stealing goes, I almost never do it, It's just not worth it to reveal my position for nothing of value.

If you want the real thieving experience you'll have to come to Siege. Insurance has all but killed the profession on production shards. All that really remains for us anywhere else is scrolls at champs and the occasional newb who forgets to insure something.

I rarely log in here. If you are interested in the real experience, hit me up on Stratics. I will not discuss many of our tactics in public forum.