Is Treasure Hunting working?

Sup guys,
I came back to the game after some idealization about treasure hunting but i already spent a lot of time and gold trying to do it without any results.
I open the map, find marking spot and (swear to god) mine every pixel on the screen and still cant find the damm chest.
Tried to use shovels instead of picks but it also didnt work;
I am using Enhanced Client.
Can someone enlighten me please!
Thanks!
«1

Comments

  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 763
    edited July 10
    are you clicking the map, and then click on dig for treasure
    then target the ground to dig?

    you can also target shovel, target map, target ground

    I just find that its easier to do it the first way

    =====================

    are you using a Davie's locker for the exact coordinates of the map?
    I find it much easier that way
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 749

    What is your cartography skill at?  It replaced mining as the way to find chests.

    Are you using a Davie's locker to get the coordinates to start at or just eye balling from the map? 

    Which shard are you on?  If Pacific I can try to help you find the chest.

  • MariahMariah Posts: 807Moderator
    If you are getting the message 'you can not mine there' you are not using the map to dig.  As Cinderella has said, either use the context menu on the map, or click the shovel, target the map, then target the ground.
  • MyBlueMyBlue Posts: 11
    I get the following messages sometimes:
    You're already mining
    You cant mine here.

    And yes im using DL!

    You guys think it might be an Enhanced Client issue? ¬¬
  • MyBlueMyBlue Posts: 11
    Shard: Atlantic
  • MariahMariah Posts: 807Moderator
    you need to target the map. Without doing that you are merely trying to mine the grass. Click the shovel CLICK THE MAP then click the ground.
  • MyBlueMyBlue Posts: 11
    imgs!
  • MyBlueMyBlue Posts: 11
    TimSt said:

    What is your cartography skill at?  It replaced mining as the way to find chests.

    Are you using a Davie's locker to get the coordinates to start at or just eye balling from the map? 

    Which shard are you on?  If Pacific I can try to help you find the chest.

    Full skilled
  • MyBlueMyBlue Posts: 11
    edited July 10
    Mariah said:
    you need to target the map. Without doing that you are merely trying to mine the grass. Click the shovel CLICK THE MAP then click the ground.
    Also doing that
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 262
    edited July 10
    MyBlue said:
    imgs!
       it looks like you need to move north a coord or two.  from 49N to 50N or 51N
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 763
    yep you are too far down
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 763
    does anybody know if there is a public Davie's locker on Atlantic?

    I know Sonoma has one at the rune library in Luna (East of the moongate)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 1,872
    get rid of mining skill not needed anymore

  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 113
    edited July 11
    If when you use the shovel and it says you cannot mine there it means somehow you do not have the map targeted.  Even if you don't have mining, it will say the same thing.
    Make a macro, easier, you can find how to make one on whatever client you are playing by searching or asking someone.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 531
    Make an EC Macro as follows:


    • Drag shovel (or pick if you prefer) into first spot.
    • From Action menu drag in 'Wait for Target' from Cursor Targeting Actions tab.
    • Drag in 'Target by Type' from the Targeting Actions tab.(have a tmap your pack to target, any level/type of map will do)
    • Drag in 'Delay' from Other Actions tab. Put a 1.3 second delay.
    • Tick Enable Repeating
    • Repeat 10 times.
    • Press OK then drag the completed macro to a hotbar and assign it a hotkey or just click on it to activate it. 

    (Note: only have ONE Tmap in your main backpack at a time, it will automatically target this map. You may hold other maps in another bag in your pack if you are doing a few)

    Cheers MissE


    Cheers MissE

    For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the  A.W.E Forum
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 499
    edited July 11
    You can put the shovel on a hotbar, right click, select "target: stored" then target the map as stored target. Now you can click the hotbar slot and it will give you a cursor to dig that has automatically targeted the map already.

    Since T-Hunting nowadays is 95% running around and digging and only 5% killing a bunch of zombies or mongbats or what not, it is even more important to streamline those things.

    Really miss the days when I was not forced to chain low level maps and just got decent loot in high level maps. But I been told thats the past and the nerfed loot is the future :)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MyBlueMyBlue Posts: 11
    MissE said:
    Make an EC Macro as follows:


    • Drag shovel (or pick if you prefer) into first spot.
    • From Action menu drag in 'Wait for Target' from Cursor Targeting Actions tab.
    • Drag in 'Target by Type' from the Targeting Actions tab.(have a tmap your pack to target, any level/type of map will do)
    • Drag in 'Delay' from Other Actions tab. Put a 1.3 second delay.
    • Tick Enable Repeating
    • Repeat 10 times.
    • Press OK then drag the completed macro to a hotbar and assign it a hotkey or just click on it to activate it. 

    (Note: only have ONE Tmap in your main backpack at a time, it will automatically target this map. You may hold other maps in another bag in your pack if you are doing a few)

    Cheers MissE


    I've just did that for the past 15minutes....Also tried dismounted (dont know if it counts for something).
    I just find weird that whenever i mine the region i believe treasure is i get this message: You're already mining.
    You think it might be a character bug?
  • MissEMissE Posts: 531
    Well if  you set up that macro as is and you have one map in your backpack it should work fine.  Don't need to target stored or anything, just as I have it written. As long as when you drag the third bit in (target by type) you click a map in your backpack when you get the cursor it should work first time every time.  

    Shouldn't matter if your mounted or dismounted.  Are you using a shovel or pick?   Do you have cartography on your character?  

    That is an odd message, when it says 'you are already digging' is your character doing the 'digging' movement?  If not and it keeps spamming that I would page a gm and get him to see if your char is bugged.  If it was saying 'you can't mine there it would be that  the map isn't being targeted' but I can't say I have seen that message before.

    Cheers MissE

    For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the  A.W.E Forum
  • MissE said:
    Well if  you set up that macro as is and you have one map in your backpack it should work fine.  Don't need to target stored or anything, just as I have it written. As long as when you drag the third bit in (target by type) you click a map in your backpack when you get the cursor it should work first time every time.  

    Shouldn't matter if your mounted or dismounted.  Are you using a shovel or pick?   Do you have cartography on your character?  

    That is an odd message, when it says 'you are already digging' is your character doing the 'digging' movement?  If not and it keeps spamming that I would page a gm and get him to see if your char is bugged.  If it was saying 'you can't mine there it would be that  the map isn't being targeted' but I can't say I have seen that message before.
    Personally I always have more than one map in my pack. So I just drop a pick in a hot bar (EC) and store the maps one at a time and give it hotkey. Have to be using the new targeting system, not legacy. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • MissEMissE Posts: 531
    MissE said:
    Well if  you set up that macro as is and you have one map in your backpack it should work fine.  Don't need to target stored or anything, just as I have it written. As long as when you drag the third bit in (target by type) you click a map in your backpack when you get the cursor it should work first time every time.  

    Shouldn't matter if your mounted or dismounted.  Are you using a shovel or pick?   Do you have cartography on your character?  

    That is an odd message, when it says 'you are already digging' is your character doing the 'digging' movement?  If not and it keeps spamming that I would page a gm and get him to see if your char is bugged.  If it was saying 'you can't mine there it would be that  the map isn't being targeted' but I can't say I have seen that message before.
    Personally I always have more than one map in my pack. So I just drop a pick in a hot bar (EC) and store the maps one at a time and give it hotkey. Have to be using the new targeting system, not legacy. 
    Well so do I, i have a bunch in a bag pull out the one I am doing and put it in my main pack.  Don't have to 'store' anything, grab it out and I am good to go.  I have tried it all ways and this is the quickest in my opinion.  But each to their own.  My macro digs 10 times so if unsuccessful on the first dig you  get the cursor again and can move a step or two without doing anything else. :)

    Cheers MissE

    For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the  A.W.E Forum
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 749

    Or just right click on the map and choose dig.

  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 113
    When it says You are already digging, to me it always means I have found the chest and am digging it.  Appears to me that you should stop the macro and wait for chest to pop. 

    I don't like repeating macros for chest digging, I use what is suggested above, put the shovel in an icon and right click it and select stored and then select the map you want to use.  With this it doesn't matter how many maps you have you your pack, you choose it when you first decide which map in your pack you will do and it will stay on that one until you choose another. 

    Then you set a hot key for the shovel and simply hit it each time you want to dig, you have to move your cursor around to find the spot anyhow so I don't see an advantage of having a repeating macro.  Besides if you use a repeating macro you have to stop it when you find the chest and by then you are already digging it and the digclock has kicked in. 

    Using EC Pinco's
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Parnoc said:
    When it says You are already digging, to me it always means I have found the chest and am digging it.  Appears to me that you should stop the macro and wait for chest to pop. 

    I don't like repeating macros for chest digging, I use what is suggested above, put the shovel in an icon and right click it and select stored and then select the map you want to use.  With this it doesn't matter how many maps you have you your pack, you choose it when you first decide which map in your pack you will do and it will stay on that one until you choose another. 

    Then you set a hot key for the shovel and simply hit it each time you want to dig, you have to move your cursor around to find the spot anyhow so I don't see an advantage of having a repeating macro.  Besides if you use a repeating macro you have to stop it when you find the chest and by then you are already digging it and the digclock has kicked in. 

    Using EC Pinco's
    I think this is the answer. The message you are getting sounds like you are digging and the macro is trying to dig when it is already digging.
  • HosteenHosteen Posts: 8
    does anybody know if there is a public Davie's locker on Atlantic?

    I know Sonoma has one at the rune library in Luna (East of the moongate)
    There's one on the second floor of Opalala's Library in Trammel at 74n 44e (Just north of the Compassion Desert).

    There's also one at the Book Store in Malas at 89n 34w (Just off the SW corner of Luna). 
  • MyBlueMyBlue Posts: 11
    edited September 9
    Well, guess im quitting UO guys...
    Reason i came back was treasure hunting but after a month without any success i guess my account might be bugged or something.
    Tried 5 or 6 differente locations and all of them shows one of these messages once i try to mine them:
    You're already mining
    You cant mine here.
    Also tried on CC, still same messages

  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 763
    have you tried paging a GM?
    or have another t-hunter come along

  • MyBlueMyBlue Posts: 11
    have you tried paging a GM?
    or have another t-hunter come along

    Just paged them, 
    I dont have any friends playing UO -_-
    Im 33yo with 3yo daughter...most of the time i play hidden lol
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 1,872
    MyBlue said:
    Well, guess im quitting UO guys...
    Reason i came back was treasure hunting but after a month without any success i guess my account might be bugged or something.
    Tried 5 or 6 differente locations and all of them shows one of these messages once i try to mine them:
    You're already mining
    You cant mine here.
    Also tried on CC, still same messages

    @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 680
    You are dbl clicking the shovel, then  targetting the map and then the ground, right?

  • MariahMariah Posts: 807Moderator
    When you get a message 'you can't mine there' you have not used the map - try using the context menu on the map.

    When you get a message 'you are already digging' your macro is trying to repeat an action that is automatic once you find the chest. You don't need to dig it up spade by spade full.

    When you find the right location, the game will automatically repeat dig until the chest comes up, you don't need a macro that continues to dig.
Sign In or Register to comment.