Legendary Mapmaker's Glasses

CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 851
edited June 2019 in Bugs

I was under the impression the +1-5 Cartography Glasses functioned like the  "Blackmithing Gloves of Mining +1-5" gloves, as the skill bonus from that item brings your skill to 101.0-105.0 despite Mining being capped at 100.0 with no powerscrolls for the skill,  The glasses do not bring your cartography skill over 100.0. is that Intended?

Also, in the patch notes it says
  • Minor Artifacts (All packages, Supply)
    • Legacy Minor artifacts & Pub 67 Artifacts
    • Legendary Cartography Glasses (+1-5 Cartography)
However, I just found +6 cartography bonus Glasses. Perhaps it's a typo, and they spawn with +1 - +10 (+20?) ?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
ICQ# 478 633 659

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    WOW  SUPER rare sell it for 100P before they fix it.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,013

I just came here to ask the same question. Is it intended that the glasses do NOT take you above 100 skill? Or is that a display issue?

+6 huh? Hmm....

-Arroth
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,772

The glasses do not take you above 100 skill.  Their only real use is giving you a slight boost when digging up treasure chests to get you a gold or normal chest instead of a rusty one.

So, the glasses do give you a skill boost when you are below 100 cartography.
    i.e. if you have 0 Cartography and put on a pair of +2 glasses, you will have 2.0 Cartography.

Does this mean the glasses are only useful for those below 100 cartography?

Be nice to get some clarification here. (I'm testing now with a pair of +5's to see if it helps with chests at all at 100 Carto Skill).

Also, they are exceptional, can be powdered, looks like imbued too, but I never pushed the finalize button. I'm guessing enhanced as well?
    +Cart skill doesn't look to take up an imbuing slot or have property weight. I might mess with a pair later...

-Arroth
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    The intent for these items is to go from +1 through +5.  Anything spawning above that will eventually be set to the correct maximums.

We are investigating the issue regarding the inability to get the skill bonus, however we will need some additional information to try and reproduce this internally, 

• What is your current character's cartography skill?
    • What is your skill total?
    • Which client are you using? If you are using the EC, are you using any non-default UIs?
    • What is the +cartography value on the glasses you are equipping?

edited June 2019
    Current Cartography Skill: 100
    Skill Total: 720
    EC: Default, no mods
    +2 and +5 (Both behave the same way - neither shows skill above 100 - yes, I clicked the ShowReal/ShowModified button.)
    -Arroth
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 851
    Kyronix said:
    The intent for these items is to go from +1 through +5.  Anything spawning above that will eventually be set to the correct maximums.

We are investigating the issue regarding the inability to get the skill bonus, however we will need some additional information to try and reproduce this internally, 

• What is your current character's cartography skill?
    • What is your skill total?
    • Which client are you using? If you are using the EC, are you using any non-default UIs?
    • What is the +cartography value on the glasses you are equipping?

1) Characters real Cartography Skill 100.0.
     2) 720.0, 725.0 with the Despicable Quiver +5 archery (unused in my template)
     3) Classic Client with UO-Assist
     4) +1 & +6  I've tried two different pairs of Glasses.

The Legendary Mapmaker's Glasses aren't able to be reforged or Enhanced either, to reach the same luck values as items that are (150-190 luck), is this intended as well?
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326

Can't you just look at the code for the mining gloves?  How do they go over the skillcap?
  • Maximus_NeximusMaximus_Neximus Posts: 380
    edited June 2019
    Just for testing, has anyone tried using the glasses on a character without cartography skill? Tried other races and gender?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev

Can't you just look at the code for the mining gloves?  How do they go over the skillcap?
    They use the same backend functionality.  Thanks everyone for the input.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Just for testing, has anyone tried using the glasses on a character without cartography skill? Tried other races and gender?
    I just got a pair of +1 glasses and used them on my treasure hunter that only has real 94.4 cartography skill.  With the glasses on, her cartography skill shows as 95.4 and then 94.4 when using the "Show Real" button.