Unreachable treasure chest

TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
edited May 2019 in Test Center

Starting a thread just for unreachable treasure chests

Please try to include a screenshot, the map coordinates if possible, the facet, the map level, and the type of map, and the problem encountered.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited May 2019

126.44Nx25.27E
    Malas
    Horde
    Artisan
    Could not pull out any item or open up the gold / gym bag.

67Nx43W
    Malas
    Horde
    Artisan
    Could not pull out any item

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    What is the exact message you are getting when you attempt to remove an item?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited May 2019
    I've had this happen with a Fel Trove map the same day as the update...

Classic Client.
    Players: 1
    Coords: 124n  115e 

The Message was - "You cannot pick that up".
    Edit:  if you double click an item in the chest, the message is - "I can't reach that"

Messages are displayed no matter where you stand around the chest.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659

@Kyronix, The message was "You cannot pick that up".  I tried moving to different tiles to see if that would help but it did not.  This has only happened on the two Artisan Horde map chests that I've done.  I had no problem looting the two Artisan Trove map chests that I did earlier.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    3 of the 5 Fel Trove maps since the update have been unlootable so far.

General coords are as follows:

1) 124n 115e (in my previous post)
    2) 37n 126w
    3) 90n 138e

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Haddy_GHaddy_G Posts: 14

Assassins Hoard Trammel, 66.11N 93.52E

Says you can not pick that up. The first time this happened to me I thought it was because of the terrain, but it happened again on flat land.  See video.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited May 2019
    I think you've an important piece of info missing. I could be wrong.  Puzzle type?

My bugged map:
    Mage
    Hoard
    Ilshenar, 58.47N 65.48W (387, 955, -79)
    Puzzle type: Cylinder.

Not bugged map - puzzle type slider
    Not bugged map - puzzle type cyclical
    bugged map:
    Ranger
    Hoard
    Malas 42.27N  35.47E (1832, 1141, -90)
    Puzzle type: Cylinder.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited May 2019
    Out testing a bit with a guildmate... done two chests now, both Cylinder puzzles... both can't be looted. An Artisan Trove and Mage Trove. Both in Trammel.

Edit to add: we did a third Trove map, I forget the type, but it was a slider puzzle and was lootable.

Considering Petra's post, this is leading me to think the cylinder puzzle chests are somehow bugged.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2019

I too have a chest just like the others, same system message "You cannot pick that up" when trying to take anything out. Double click an item "I can't reach that" appears above characters head.

Mage
    Hoard
    Tokuno, 108.27N 49.04 W (625, 390, 42)
    Puzzle Type: Cylinder

And a second exactly the same

Mage
    Hoard
    Tokuno, 100.11"n 64.544w (516, 484, 32)

And a freaking third in a row

Mage
    Hoard
    Tokuno, 122.336N, 22.30W (1003, 229, 26)

Doubt we need to keep posting at this point, unless Kyronix asks for something else.
    Nice deduction work Petra!

EDIT: RNGesus hates me this evening, 4th in a row is also Cylinder. 1 gazillion to 1 this one is bugged too. Any takers? (Yup, it was. Pro-tip, time your cylinder trap failures to kill enemies in 1 shot. Blast radius is at least 9 tiles and Evil mages don't have that many hit points!) (OOOOH, this chest has a Legendary artifact staff, that I cannot pick up! Nargh.) (And a Legendary artifact leather skirt that I cannot pick up. Yes, two legendaries, one bugged chest. Oh the joy.)

-Arroth
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    It is indeed the cylinder puzzles. 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2019

@Kyronix

So, with every Hoard cylinder trap the chest has been bugged and I can't take anything out of it. However, I can see the gold/gem bag in every one.

With every Hoard Circuit/Slider the chest has been fine and I can take everything out, but there has been NO gold/gem bag.

However, I failed a circuit/slider and dusted an item. When I opened the chest, there were two dust piles, one for the item and the other where the gold/gem bag should have been. I picked up the dust pile for the gold/gem bag and it turned into a gold/gem bag for a split second before disappearing completely.

I've been using only 100 Lockpicking/100 Remove Trap on all chests.

On 17/5/19 the very first Hoard I did was an Artisan and it had a gem bag and wasn't bugged. I could access it and recorded the amount of Gold/Gems in it. Then I took a break for a bit and later that same day 17/5/19 did my second Hoard. That second Hoard, and every Hoard since then (24) has either been Cylinder, bugged and you can't access the gold/gem bag, or Circuit/Slider and no gold/gem bag.

You guys issued a ~3mb mini patch at some point. That didn't happen to be 17/5/19 did it? 

-Arroth