Tracking on Ships stops working for a while.

PawainPawain Posts: 9,117
CC.
Happened since April 1.  Start tracking shows nothing even when ships are near.  Sometimes it will show 2 arrows and there are ships in other directions.  Then after a while it will work correctly.  Has happened last night and tonight.  7 hours, about 2 random hours where tracking did not work.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• can confirm, happens all the time. Initially I thought it had something to do with being close to a server line but it also happens far away from them :-/
  • Can also confirm. All the time. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,117
    OK 2 Confirmations.  Thanks

@Kyronix and @Bleak also needs love.

Tracking stops working at random times during the day.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I hadn't experienced this till last night.  Tracking has been working fine for me - in Felucca. Last night I was with friends in Tokuno, where it didn't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,689
    I'm having the opposite happen in Tokuno...
    the arrows keep flashing after I find a ship or beacon...
    I have to log out to get it to stop
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    the command 'stop tracking' doesn't work?
    no it didn't work... they just blinked faster
    OK I only have been hunting in Tokuno. 

Normally Mine stops every time there is a refresh.  Not server line but screen is redrawn and ship bounces.  But it could be started again. Or tracking stops after a period of time.

I have never had the arrows stay on when I find something and stop to fight.

Tracking worked fine last night.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 621
    edited April 2019
    last night I was chasing a player ship around Jhelom and was unable to track it after it had crossed a server line - I could see it sail away from me but tracking didn't bring up an arrow. I failed to track other ships before I crossed the server line though - only ralized that when I bounced into them. So it definitely does happen in Felucca as well.

I can also confirm the bug where a tracking arrow gets stuck on your screen. Saying stop tracking or crossing a server line or even switching to another facet doesn't help to remove it either. Have to relog to get rid of it.
    Tracking worked most of last night for me For about 30 mins it did not work.  I got an arrow that went to a spot with nothing there. The arrow would change directions when I passed the spot.

Glad I dont get the arrows stuck.
    Pawain said:
    Tracking worked most of last night for me For about 30 mins it did not work.  I got an arrow that went to a spot with nothing there. The arrow would change directions when I passed the spot.

every time this happened to me, I went back to the exact spot less than a minute later and a plunderbeacon was there
    edited April 2019
    As you can see I am at the plunderbeacon & tracking is still working...
    it does this when i'm also at a pirate ship or a merchant ship...
    And the arrows are still on my screen after I recall to my house at luna
    ( I had also said stop tracking but the arrows are still there)