Shards

Ok I know Atlantic is the most populated. After that what shards are like 2nd highest and 3rd highest? Would it be 
Lake Superior 2
Great Lakes 3?

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Why don't you log onto both and then come back and tell us?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited March 2019
    Who knows?

Probably something like;

Lake Superior
    Pacific
    Great Lakes
    Catskills
    Asuka, could be higher up the list.  Seems to be the most active Asian shard.

• caglecagle Posts: 30
    Garth_Grey Posts: 578

What are you 2 ? Why don't you just remain silent and not be a troll if you do not have anything useful to say.
    Who knows?

Probably something like;

Lake Superior
    Pacific
    Great Lakes
    Catskills

So of these what would you say is the most likely to place a keep on Catskills? I know you can't place one on Great Lakes anywhere.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2019
    So if you are looking to place a then why don't you just ask if anybody knows a spot to place a keep or go to that shard and ask in gen chat.  What you got to play 20 questions or something.
    edited March 2019

Are you sure you can't place a keep on GL?  Have you covered every inch of both facets?

I know where every possible keep and castle spot is.  I'd be surprised if I couldn't find a spot.

• Found a keep spot GL, Trammel.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    As far as economy, I would say cats is #2. I can usually find whatever I need over there. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972

Found a keep spot GL, Trammel.

Find me a trammel one on LS that can be converted and little spawn and no trees covering any parts.  Thanks

Use vendor search and only click exclude fel.  High to low.  That will give you an idea.

We don't know the populations any more than that troll.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    cagle said:
    Garth_Grey Posts: 578

What are you 2 ? Why don't you just remain silent and not be a troll if you do not have anything useful to say.
    Yeah dude, I'm 2.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited March 2019
    Pawain said:

Use vendor search and only click exclude fel.  High to low.  That will give you an idea.

Not sure what I'm supposed to glean from doing this, as it pertains to finding a spot for a keep? 

I did btw.  Prices start kinda low, forty-one million, compared to Atlantic starting at 175 million gold.  I play Siege lately though so prices there are a lot lower than production shards but the gold ratio is 30/1.
    Bilbo said:
    So if you are looking to place a then why don't you just ask if anybody knows a spot to place a keep or go to that shard and ask in gen chat.  What you got to play 20 questions or something.
    I was not looking to ask 20 questions I just was curious was all
    Pawain said:

Not sure what I'm supposed to glean from doing this, as it pertains to finding a spot for a keep? 

I did btw.  Prices start kinda low, forty-one million, compared to Atlantic starting at 175 million gold.  I play Siege lately though so prices there are a lot lower than production shards but the gold ratio is 30/1.

The Keep Spot Beg was for you.  The vendor search was for the OP.

You look at the amount of high price items to see how a shard is doing.  Vendor fees do not allow you to put items >30M and just sit there or you would lose gold.

A shard with a small population will have few expensive items on VS.
    edited March 2019
    cagle said:
    Bilbo said:
    Go count every house on a shard and a majority, I would say at least %80, have a paid account with it.  It does not matter how many people you see or hear, those shards are just as important as ATL.  You also realize that we guess at the population but EA knows %100 how many paying customers and it is enough to keep the game going so who cares how many people are active at any given time a day just as long as we get to play whatever shard you want.
    cagle said:
    Bilbo said:
     The populations are not posted so nobody can answer that question.

I would say you can possibly find 5 players on other shards that may do something with you if you have something fun and easy to do.  There could be 50 others online that do not want to do that.

LS has about 20 players that play a lot and you will never see or hear from them.  Then we have loud players.  Im sure all the shards are similar.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    cagle said:
    Who knows?

Probably something like;

Lake Superior
    Pacific
    Great Lakes
    Catskills

So of these what would you say is the most likely to place a keep on Catskills? I know you can't place one on Great Lakes anywhere.
    There are still spots to place Keeps at least. And we have had some castles fall in the past few months.
    edited March 2019

Castle spots are rare except on one or three shards.  The IDOCer's have castle spots marked and they check them twice a week or so to catch any in decay.

Except for Atlantic and Siege, you can place a keep in Felucca on probably every server.  I found several Trammel keeps tonight, even one in a cusomizable spot.

Castle spots are rare except on one or three shards.  The IDOCer's have castle spots marked and they check them twice a week or so to catch any in decay.

Except for Atlantic and Siege, you can place a keep in Felucca on probably every server.  I found several Trammel keeps tonight, even one in a cusomizable spot.
    What shard did you fine the Keeps on @Ezekiel_Zane?
    edited March 2019
    Great Lakes and Lake Superior and Pacific.
    I play on Great Lakes and in the past 2 months have placed 2 Keeps. I was planning on selling one, but I guess I will keep them. At the moment I dont need any extra storage as I also Have a Castle. One of the Keep is in Tram, that is the one  would sell, the other is in fel on Ice Island. Both are on Great Lakes

• I never even made it to Arctic Island before I found spots on the mainland Trammel. 

In total, on all three shards, I found two or three locations for a Trammel keep and at least one spot, on every shard, was good for a custom keep.
  • LandicineLandicine Posts: 10
    I play on LS, and I don't think it is second most populous. At least I hope not for the future of the game.

Using an equally unscientific method, I checked Luna bank on a few shards:

Lake Superior - 2 people
    Great Lakes - 6 people
    Catskills - 4 people
    Chesapeake - 2 people
    Pacific - 3 people

Bit earlier for Pacific, so I'd probably say GL, Catskills, and Pacific are similar with LS and Chesapeake maybe being smaller. This is making some pretty big assumptions of course.
  • Legends is doing great. So I highly doubt what many think are the populated shards.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

I never even made it to Arctic Island before I found spots on the mainland Trammel. 

In total, on all three shards, I found two or three locations for a Trammel keep and at least one spot, on every shard, was good for a custom keep.
    Yes I was thinking OLD school as Trammel use to be impossible to do 18x18 and people refused to g2 Fel making house placement lucrative. 
    Landicine said:
    I play on LS, and I don't think it is second most populous. At least I hope not for the future of the game.

Using an equally unscientific method, I checked Luna bank on a few shards:

Lake Superior - 2 people
    Great Lakes - 6 people
    Catskills - 4 people
    Chesapeake - 2 people
    Pacific - 3 people

Bit earlier for Pacific, so I'd probably say GL, Catskills, and Pacific are similar with LS and Chesapeake maybe being smaller. This is making some pretty big assumptions of course.

The afk people are at Luna Stable on LS.  Im not sure counting afk people is a great method of determining a shards population.  

Were those 2 on LS me?
    edited March 2019

All I can surmise with a fair amount of confidence is, that there are still a pretty high number of paid accounts.  The number of active players though is another story entirely.  A lot of players are still paying for their accounts yet rarely or never play.

If you go to every server you'll be extremely lucky to find a house spot in Zento, New Magincia, Luna, or the prime locations in either Trammel or Felucca.  The only shard I know for sure that you can place a castle is Origin.

I judge a shard's population more by the number of houses throughout the lands than by how many players are on at any given time.  Vendor search aids in seeing how active a server is i guess, unless the fruits of said activity are being transferred to another server.  Then it's harder to determine.

Devs really, really need to do something about vendor fees.  I'd say it's greatly affecting player moral when you can't find much of what you want/need across multiple servers.
     :D 

All I can surmise with a fair amount of confidence is, that there are still a pretty high number of paid accounts.  The number of active players though is another story entirely.  A lot of players are still paying for their accounts yet rarely or never play.

If you go to every server you'll be extremely lucky to find a house spot in Zento, New Magincia, Luna, or the prime locations in either Trammel or Felucca.  The only shard I know for sure that you can place a castle is Origin.

I judge a shard's population more by the number of houses throughout the lands than by how many players are on at any given time.  Vendor search aids in seeing how active a server is i guess, unless the fruits of said activity are being transferred to another server.  Then it's harder to determine.

Devs really, really need to do something about vendor fees.  I'd say it's greatly affecting player moral when you can't find much of what you want/need across multiple servers.

How many of these account do you suppose are people who forgot to stop payment?
    Asuka is apparently after this evening #2 
    @cagle What exactly are you trying to get at.  "How many of these account do you suppose are people who forgot to stop payment?"  Do you really pay that little attention to your CC Statements.  What exactly are you driving at?  UO has stated many times that they WILL NOT provide that information and now that they no longer directly work for EA I doubt they know it anymore.  EA knows how many subs there are for UO and DAoC and it must be enough to cover what they pay BS to maintain both games and give them a profit or BS/DAoC/UO would not be here.  Who really cares how much money EA is making, just be thankful it is enough to keep UO alive so we can all play the game we love.