Bigglesby at Floating Emporium not giving the Quest to hunt Pirates ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,961
edited March 2019 in General Discussions
I have the Ship docked right by the Floating Emporium and am by Bigglesby double clicking on him to get the Quest to Hunt Pirates but the Quest Menu won't come up.

He does not tell me that the Ship is not near so, he sees the Ship and yet, no Quest Menu comes up...

I also tried the Officer in Zento but of course, he tells me that he cannot see the Ship since it is in Trammel....

What gives ?

I checked my Paperdoll and on the Quest button I only have 1 Quest active (Gathering of Evidence, a Gargoyle Reward).

Am I doing anything wrong ?

I tried to page for a Game Master for help but got no reply so far...

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,961
    edited March 2019
    Well, finally I found what the issue is.

CONTRARY to what it says here https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/quests/bigglesbys-bounty-quests/ ;

"In the tavern at Sea Market can be found G.B. Bigglesby, the proprietor, he offers a bounty for capture or killing of the pirates on his bounty board"
    "Double click him to hear his tale"

It is NOT Bigglesby who gives the Quest (and thus needs be double clicked on), but the "OFFICER " that is sat by the Bulletin Board....

Infact, by double clicking the Officer "with the character that placed the Boat in the water ", I got offered the Quest.

YET, I STILL have an issue... ( @Kyronix could you please help clarify this ? ).

The character I would like to pick the Quest with, and that has CAPTAIN's qualification on the Ship, is NOT the character that actually placed that Ship.

YET, if I try to get from the officer the Quest from this "other" character who did NOT place the Ship but is still a Captain on it, the Officer says that he cannot see the Ship even though it is docked right by the Floating Emporium Docks....

I am forced, therefore, to have to pick the Quest from the character who placed the Ship but that is not the one that I would like to use to actually apprehend the Pirate Captain.

Is there a way, therefore, to have ANOTHER character, having fully "Captain" qualification on that Ship, be able to pick the Quest even though it is not the actual character that placed the Ship at Sea ?

And NO, I cannot use a Ship placed by this "other" character because that character already has a Ship. And NO, I cannot use that other Ship owned by that "other" character, for Pirates' Hunting stuff as it is a Ship used for else, and not fit for Pirates' Hunting.

On another note, if the character that placed the Ship gets the Quest (and thus the rope to apprehend the Pirate captain), is it possible to "trade" this rope to another character with full Capitain rights to the Ship which will be the one that will do the actuall fighting and apprehend the Pirate Captain ?

Is that rope, therefore, "tranferrable" to another character who will then be able to use it on the Pirate Captain after having subdued it enough ?

If so, will then the rope, with the captured Pirate, then have to be transferred "again" back to the actual character that owns the Ship and that had to pick the Quest but did not do the fighting in order to be able to complete the Quest with the Officer and get the Reward ?

Or is it possible for this "other" character, with Captain's rights on the Ship and who did the apprehension of the Pirate's Captain (assuming that rope CAN be transferred in between different characters...) to return it to the Officer at the Floating Emporium to complete the Quest and get the Reward ?

Thanks for the clarifications.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    That is a lot to answer. I know it would be quite easy and simple to just have the character doing the quest place a boat, however if you are like me you like to gain knowledge just in case it is needed in a future suitation.
    Arron said:
    That is a lot to answer. I know it would be quite easy and simple to just have the character doing the quest place a boat, however if you are like me you like to gain knowledge just in case it is needed in a future suitation.
    I actually have a real, life practical situation where I cannot use the character which will do the Pirates hunting/apprehending fighting place a Ship (because this character already has a Ship which is not fit for Ships' combat as it is used for else).

So, my "only" option, apparently, is to have the character doing the fighting get "Catptain's Rights" on another Ship and, one way or the other, either be able to get the Quest even though this character will not be using his/her Ship for the fighting OR, as an alternative (to be used only as a last resort because it still would be a pain...), AT LEAST be able to get the "apprehension rope" be TRADED from the actual owner of the Ship who took the Quest to the character which will then do the Pirate hunting and fighting and apprehending...

But, as I said, it would still be a pain since this would require the character that is the actual owner of the Ship to be present to pick the Quest, trade the rope at the start of the Quest and then be present once again at the end of the Quest to get back the rope and complete the Quest to get the reward.

It would be ENORMOUSLY more players' friendly if character with CAPTAIN'S RIGHTS to a SHIP (even if not owners to that Ship) could STILL qualify for the code "as if" they owned that Ship and, thus, be FULLY capable to get Quests and finish them even though they did not actually "place" that given Ship in the Sea....

@Kyronix , can we please know if this is possible to be done ?

Thanks !!
    Well, this sucks.... I tried it and there is NO WAY to trade the apprehending rope to capture a Pirate's Captain to another Captain...

The rope would simply not leave the main backpack of the character who got the Quest, period.

This means, that ONLY the character who placed the Ship and that therefore could pick the Quest will HAVE TO, mandatorily, have to be the one to actually apprehend the Pirate's Captain...

This is quite unfortunate in a situation like mine where I CANNOT have the actual character doing the fighting to be able to use their Ship for that Pirates' hunting.....
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    @popps here is your solution. 
    You wrote “Ship used for else, and not fit for Pirates' Hunting.”

you simply dry dock that ship (whatever you’re using it for) and place that with your char that is currently captain of your intended pirate hunting boat, and dry dock the pirate hunting boat and place with the char you want to do the pirate hunting quest with.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,366
    @Mervyn
    Question: When can a ship not be dry docked?
    Answer: when it's full of active fishing quests and fish.
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    edited March 2019
    There are some details missing here for you to get a solution. 1: are these two characters on the same account 2: what is the other ship used for. 

The other thing is this.  If they are on different accounts you can party them and have the one with the rope sit idle on the deck with the rope and then when you have the pirate low enough in health, pop them on deck to bind the pirate. Then sail to the docks and turn it in, if both characters are present they both get a reward. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Petra, if that is the case, he'll need to empty it, not sure about the quests, maybe he needs to complete them or cancel them, but i'm pretty sure it's possible to do.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    Mervyn said:
    Petra, if that is the case, he'll need to empty it, not sure about the quests, maybe he needs to complete them or cancel them, but i'm pretty sure it's possible to do.
    It is, you just have to complete them before dry docking the ship so you don’t lose your built up “points” with the system. 
    Mervyn said:
    @ popps here is your solution. 
    You wrote “Ship used for else, and not fit for Pirates' Hunting.”

you simply dry dock that ship (whatever you’re using it for) and place that with your char that is currently captain of your intended pirate hunting boat, and dry dock the pirate hunting boat and place with the char you want to do the pirate hunting quest with.
    Cannot do.

It is a Ship used for Fishing therefore, not only with stocks of fish, crabs and lobsters inside but, most importantly, with Order crates yet to be done.... cannot be dry docked....
    @ Mervyn
    Question: When can a ship not be dry docked?
    Answer: when it's full of active fishing quests and fish.
    You got it !!
    Superfrog said:
    There are some details missing here for you to get a solution. 1: are these two characters on the same account 2: what is the other ship used for. 

The other thing is this.  If they are on different accounts you can party them and have the one with the rope sit idle on the deck with the rope and then when you have the pirate low enough in health, pop them on deck to bind the pirate. Then sail to the docks and turn it in, if both characters are present they both get a reward. 
    Same account so, I was thinking to "borrow" a Ship from someone else (different account) but that would then require the ship owner of that different account to be present because of the rope thing.... which can become a pain...