Pub 104 - Rising Tide Event

12346»

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Why must ‘I’ always be the person to request improvement. I think I have more post count on this forum than anyone.

Not my fault that everyone else just does what is easiest. Why didn’t you suggest it?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I am happily doing this with a crew of the tiller man and a summoned daemon using my bard. The tillerman steers the ship to my commands.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Mervyn said:
    Why must ‘I’ always be the person to request improvement. I think I have more post count on this forum than anyone.

Not my fault that everyone else just does what is easiest. Why didn’t you suggest it?

Because I am not 100% successful at it. Are you?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:
    Surprise Surprise, anytime you suggest ANYTHING that would make the game slightly more challenging, people argue about it...
    Pathetic.

cannon has range, wheel should have range, you cannot argue with that.

if nothing else it looks dumb
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying the High Seas content solo, with one other person, or in a group. And now it feels like I'm being called pathetic so that just makes me not care about much else you have to say.

My husband and I have been spent a lot of time on TC and now on our home shard testing and enjoying the new content. There's no way I can stand by the wheel and be precise about where I'm trying to line up the bow of the boat. In fact if I'm standing by the wheel I can't see the bow of the boat at all. Let alone what we're trying to line up to fire on.

Maybe if the wheel where further forward it would be a different story. I really don't get what has your knickers in a twist. Are you upset that I don't type out commands to the tillerman? That I don't use numerous macros attached to commands for the tillerman? Why would you be upset at the idea of hitting keys to prep and fire the cannon rather than point and click?

You know what's really tragic?

I have a tillerman named Hugh. He dresses in business casual. His girlfriend's name is Buffy. And I'm pretty sure he's carrying a gym bag that holds a white cardigan sweater and a squash racquet. 

I wish they worked like a mannequin so I could dress him myself. Naming them would be awesome too but I'd settle for making him take off the loafers.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    We have no plans to change any restrictions on controlling the ship or the cannons.  If you want to sail around as a solo captain and plink plunderbeacons - go ahead!  If you prefer to do so with your best mates singing a shanty or two, that's great too!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    some posts controvening rule 1 of the ToS have been removed.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I thought we were going to Keel Haul him.  You got soft!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    I thought we were going to Keel Haul him.  You got soft!
    Dangit! I always miss the good posts
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Kyronix said:
    We have no plans to change any restrictions on controlling the ship or the cannons.  If you want to sail around as a solo captain and plink plunderbeacons - go ahead!  If you prefer to do so with your best mates singing a shanty or two, that's great too!

Thank You!
    Kyronix said:
    I've done both, solo in the afternoon when everyone is busy and in a group in the evening when they're not - but I don't allow any singing on my boat!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Mervyn said:

Mervyn said:

I believe your definition of 'improvement' is not universally shared, therefore many people would not consider suggestion such.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:
    Surprise Surprise, anytime you suggest ANYTHING that would make the game slightly more challenging, people argue about it...
    Pathetic.

Challenging is fine. This suggestion would make an already clunky boat control even more cumbersome. This, like many other of your suggestions would make the game less enjoyable for the majority of players. This is the reason argue against it.
  • What about if the ship from the kings painting was able to select dropping powder charges or fuse cords?
    What about if the ship from the kings painting was able to select dropping powder charges or fuse cords?

New Mandate from the King!  Loot all Gargoyle Trading Vessels and return all cargo to the city it was stolen from.  You will have fuses.