King's Collection: SoT, Powder Paintings & Barrel sponges not working

Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
I purchased two King's Collection sets and placed these paintings and the sponge in a house I'm Co-owned to.  I cannot collect the SoTs, Powder charges or the Potions.

When I attempt to collect them, I get the message "you must be in your house to do this."

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Only the house owner can collect from those items. It has been that way since they were introduced.
  • Is that they way they are supposed to be though?

Doesn't it seem kinda dumb that a co-owner can place them but cannot collect what they produce?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    No they allow co owners to place kings collection stuff. Please do not change this.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Pawain he’s not asking for only owners to place, he’s asking for the placer (co-owner)to be able to access.

Mariah don’t confuse “been that way since introduction” with - working as intended.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I posted merely for clarification, that this is not a new bug, but a long standing situation.
  • Yeah I am just saying that I placed MY items in a friends house that I am co-owned to, was allowed to place them but that I cannot access them to remove the resources.
    Mervyn said:
    Pawain he’s not asking for only owners to place, he’s asking for the placer (co-owner)to be able to access.

Mariah don’t confuse “been that way since introduction” with - working as intended.
    So you are encouraging the use of an exploit. Only the owner of the house should be able to use the items. He can put the items in his own house to collect the benefits.  If the devs wanted it different then they could have designed it that way.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    So you think co-owners should not be able to place? How does everything else work? house deco is not my area. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited March 2019
    Pawain said:
    Mervyn said:

So you are encouraging the use of an exploit. Only the owner of the house should be able to use the items. He can put the items in his own house to collect the benefits.  If the devs wanted it different then they could have designed it that way.

That makes no sense whatsoever.  Co-owners can place just about everything as far as I know in a house.  Co-owners can place vet shard shields in a house and remove the tokens. In fact, with shard shields, the house owner CAN'T remove the tokens. 

Why would it not be EXACTLY THE SAME for these?  I bought them.  I placed them legally.  What's in them belongs to me.  It shouldn't be hard to grasp.

WTF exploit are you talking about?  It's no exploit to use your own stuff.  
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Change who can use KC item givers based on their security settings.

There. SORTED.

@Kyronix
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited March 2019
    Change who can use KC item givers based on their security settings.

There. SORTED.

@ Kyronix

Exactly!  

That's how it should be.  Thank you.
    I'm fine with that as long as the items can be placed like they can be now.