Pub 104 - Rising Tide Event

1356

Comments

  • May I heartily recommend a lumberjack's satchel when repairing the ship? Reduces the number of trips to the hold for lumber quite nicely.
    when you repair the ship, can the boards be inside another container or do they have to be in your main backpack? this would be a good idea if that would work, but I'd rather, to do repairs, that they should come from your hold
    I wouldn't recommend it if I hadn't tried it :)  Boards can be used from the satchel, although I admit taking them straight from the hold would be better.
  • Yep that helps, Petra! Thanks! I'd still love to have something that held the boards, cloth and ingots. So you could go all around the ship repairing the cannon and the ship without dipping back into the hold repeatedly. Or a container that's kept in the hold that will hold all the materials and work even if you walk as far away as the bow.
  • I did a quest Bountyhunting at TC and droped few Cargo boxes in to gold barrell  in Britania.
    And what is the reward to see???
    Or i missing smthng?
  • Cjcaine1 said:
    I did a quest Bountyhunting at TC and droped few Cargo boxes in to gold barrell  in Britania.
    And what is the reward to see???
    Or i missing smthng?
    right now they are just gauging how many of the cargo boxes are dropping to see where to set the amount of boxes per reward is the way I understand it.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 951Dev
    That’s correct - all you need to do is drop cargo in the gold barrel it’ll log the info for us to set reward prices - thanks for your participation!
  • Cjcaine1Cjcaine1 Posts: 12
    edited February 2019
    Kyronix said:
    That’s correct - all you need to do is drop cargo in the gold barrel it’ll log the info for us to set reward prices - thanks for your participation!
    Realy low motivation to perform that test for players.
    I belive if you add the abiliti to claim the reward to test it  and this will the only way to get it on TC now,  then more ppl will do Cargo-hunt & you will get more data.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 951Dev
    Cjcaine1 said:
    Kyronix said:
    That’s correct - all you need to do is drop cargo in the gold barrel it’ll log the info for us to set reward prices - thanks for your participation!
    Realy low motivation to perform that test for players.
    I belive if you add the abiliti to claim the reward to test it  and this will the only way to get it on TC now,  then more ppl will do Cargo-hunt & you will get more data.
    Considering the results we've gotten so far players seem motivated enough - thanks for the feedback though!
  • Kyronix said:
    Cjcaine1 said:
    Kyronix said:
    That’s correct - all you need to do is drop cargo in the gold barrel it’ll log the info for us to set reward prices - thanks for your participation!
    Realy low motivation to perform that test for players.
    I belive if you add the abiliti to claim the reward to test it  and this will the only way to get it on TC now,  then more ppl will do Cargo-hunt & you will get more data.
    Considering the results we've gotten so far players seem motivated enough - thanks for the feedback though!
    i'm tryin to fill it up Bro, i promise.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • i got my infer :)
  • We've found 3 pieces of cargo (one last night and one today) with the following error:

    Error (Mega Cliloc): Stringld Not Found: 1158969
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 408
    "Thanks for helping test the event! <3"

    <3 you too.

    I went out alone and I did just merchant ships in Tokuno. I got 21 in all and I am pleased. I did...I think 5 ships and one colorful container came from a monster on the open sea. Water elemental? Sea Serpent? Kraken? Something. I got nothing from any of the crews at all. I see you did manage to cut back on the fruits and veggies and the things in those crates. If it doesn't hurt, can you just move them over to the other crates, sprinkle them in? Some of us do use that stuff.

    I don't like knowing how many points I received. I could be lying about the amount I got and.... Are you spying on me!?

    I use to do a lot of pirating years ago...no not pirate hunting, pirating. But got away from it because It was too tedious, so thank you for the changes.

    On an EJ note, could you please let EJ accounts onto ships and maybe just not let them have access to the ship holds if they buy the high seas the big ships? They are and will be missing out on some things. I have a couple of EJ people in my guild (trying really hard to keep them on the line) and I need all the help I can get!

    Since you are concerned with them having storage, this would be a great thing. Ship riding but no hold access for little and big ships.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,864
    Kyronix said:
    Cjcaine1 said:
    Kyronix said:
    That’s correct - all you need to do is drop cargo in the gold barrel it’ll log the info for us to set reward prices - thanks for your participation!
    Realy low motivation to perform that test for players.
    I belive if you add the abiliti to claim the reward to test it  and this will the only way to get it on TC now,  then more ppl will do Cargo-hunt & you will get more data.
    Considering the results we've gotten so far players seem motivated enough - thanks for the feedback though!

    Very nice that city coffers can benefit if cargo is returned to the correct city!

    Am I too early or in the wrong thread about the next part.

    Are all of the rewards for cargo taken to Bucs den?
    Do the chests taken to Bucs den count for the city coffers at the value of wrong city turn in? (if not please make that happen) If so Thanks!

    Do you get any reward for turning cargo into the correct city other than gold added to the coffers?

    Thanks

  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,864
    Also, how does party work with Rising Tide.  In normal the death certificate goes to one of us.

    Is there a benefit or a detriment to play with others when doing Rising Tide?
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 408
    I just sunk a beacon and did not get a trade cargo. Plenty of room in pack. Is it a hit or miss thing? because if it is, the time of the battle and repairs are not worth not getting a trade cargo drop from the beacon.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,864
    edited March 2019
    I see Gidge does better without me.  We got scuttled twice trying to kill that beacon. We were perpendicular to the Orc cannons and had 2 cannons firing at the beacon for many minutes then then the whole repair cycle.  Then we switched to parallel to the orc cannons and fired 2 cannons at a time and got scuttled again and kept firing until I had to go eat.

    Is it normal for those to take 30 mins or more?  And she did not get any cargo.  

    I need to make more cannon balls on LS if we were doing it correctly. We killed the orcs first.

    We got 4 cargos from Sea Creatures.

    Rest from crates from 2 orc ships without pirates 1 orc with Dread Pirate.

    5 GM     6 Exalted  8 Legendary

    Was fun except for the beacon.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 951Dev
    Gidge said:
    I just sunk a beacon and did not get a trade cargo. Plenty of room in pack. Is it a hit or miss thing? because if it is, the time of the battle and repairs are not worth not getting a trade cargo drop from the beacon.
    That appears to be out of the ordinary - destroying the lighthouse awards the most points that factor into your guaranteed drop by quite a bit.  Were you fighting with others? How'd you destroy the lighthouse?
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 200
    edited March 2019
    Kyronix said:
    Gidge said:
    I just sunk a beacon and did not get a trade cargo. Plenty of room in pack. Is it a hit or miss thing? because if it is, the time of the battle and repairs are not worth not getting a trade cargo drop from the beacon.
    That appears to be out of the ordinary - destroying the lighthouse awards the most points that factor into your guaranteed drop by quite a bit.  Were you fighting with others? How'd you destroy the lighthouse?
    I think I've sunk around 20 Plunderbeacons or so. I think 4 or 5 of them I did not receive a Mythical crate upon destroying the lighthouse. Actually now that I think about it, I think the times I did not get a Mythical crate were times I only damaged the Lighthouse with Cannons.

    Usually I have archery stoned on, so I am hitting the Lighthouse with Cannon fire and arrows. If I remember correctly, I think one of the times I did not get a Mythical crate was when I unequipped my bow to save arrows. 

    Three other times where I didn't get a Mythical were recently when I was doing it on my tamer where again I only killed the Lighthouse with Cannon fire. 

    Does Cannon fire only on the lighthouse not trigger proper credit perhaps? Could be coincidental. I will try to test this theory again tonight if I can.

    EDIT:
    Took out 2 plunderbeacons making sure to only do Cannon damage to the lighthouse, got a Mythical crate both times. So it doesn't seem to be related to only Cannon damage. Maybe just really unlucky on those 4-5 kills.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,864
    Prob was just cannons even tho we had 2 archers there.  When I was with her the lighthouse was out of range of archers but we were getting pummeled by the cannons and were scuttled so we couldn't get closer.

    She afk right now.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 408
    Kyronix said:
    Gidge said:
    I just sunk a beacon and did not get a trade cargo. Plenty of room in pack. Is it a hit or miss thing? because if it is, the time of the battle and repairs are not worth not getting a trade cargo drop from the beacon.
    That appears to be out of the ordinary - destroying the lighthouse awards the most points that factor into your guaranteed drop by quite a bit.  Were you fighting with others? How'd you destroy the lighthouse?

    @Pawain and I killed the orcs together got a few cannon shots at the baecon ...ship got skuttled.  He had to go, so I swapped out ships, went back and discovered that we were not even hitting the beacon as we were not close enough. So I took out the beacon alone with a cannon and a few hits by my archer (nothing of any consequence I am sure) and no crate drop.

  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,864
    edited March 2019
    Well that sux they can blast us but we are out of range.  I was firing the forward side cannon.

    I jumped off the ship when it was scuttled.

  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 200
    @Kyronix ;

    Two of us did a Plunderbeacon on Baja today, took us a bit of time as we don't have the best items there (I'd say 30m+). After the lighthouse was finally destroyed, unfortunately neither of us had received a Mythical crate drop. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen compared to how I was killing Plunderbeacons on TC, other than it taking a bit of time. Maybe that is the variable -- time taken to kill the Plunderbeacon? Does it "Reset" at any point and remove your credit?

    We'll try to do more later today to test again.


    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 951Dev
    edited March 2019
    Khyro said:
    @ Kyronix 

    Two of us did a Plunderbeacon on Baja today, took us a bit of time as we don't have the best items there (I'd say 30m+). After the lighthouse was finally destroyed, unfortunately neither of us had received a Mythical crate drop. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen compared to how I was killing Plunderbeacons on TC, other than it taking a bit of time. Maybe that is the variable -- time taken to kill the Plunderbeacon? Does it "Reset" at any point and remove your credit?

    We'll try to do more later today to test again.


    The reset only happens after you get a drop - this is true for all guaranteed reward systems.  The amount of points you get from destroying the lighthouse is really high so you should get a mythical crate each time (assuming you are in the "top attacker" list in the top 8ish positions).  We will investigate and see what's going on.  Thanks for the info!

    Edit to add: What luck are you running and how far are you from the plunderbeacon?  Could it be you are more than 16 tiles from the lighthouse?  Were you hidden?
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 200
    Kyronix said:
    Khyro said:
    @ Kyronix 

    Two of us did a Plunderbeacon on Baja today, took us a bit of time as we don't have the best items there (I'd say 30m+). After the lighthouse was finally destroyed, unfortunately neither of us had received a Mythical crate drop. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen compared to how I was killing Plunderbeacons on TC, other than it taking a bit of time. Maybe that is the variable -- time taken to kill the Plunderbeacon? Does it "Reset" at any point and remove your credit?

    We'll try to do more later today to test again.


    The reset only happens after you get a drop - this is true for all guaranteed reward systems.  The amount of points you get from destroying the lighthouse is really high so you should get a mythical crate each time (assuming you are in the "top attacker" list in the top 8ish positions).  We will investigate and see what's going on.  Thanks for the info!

    Edit to add: What luck are you running and how far are you from the plunderbeacon?  Could it be you are more than 16 tiles from the lighthouse?  Were you hidden?

    0 Luck, and we were in Tokuno. I had the Bow of my ship against the West side of the Plunderbeacon and firing the Bow Cannon, so only a few tiles away. I was not hidden at the time, but I did cast Invisibility a couple times to get spawn aggro off me (but I didn't stay invisible for more than a few seconds at a time).

    I just completed a second Plunderbeacon by myself, after finding a few gear upgrades. Total kill time start to finish was ~15 minutes and I did get a Mythical crate this time. Tactics and position were the exact same once the Orcish Crew were dead, attack from the West side with the bow of my ship. I did not cast invisibility at all once I engaged the Lighthouse.

    I will continue to hunt down these vile Plunderbeacons and send them to Davy Jones' Locker, for conquest and glory! (and testing...)
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

  • GidgeGidge Posts: 408
    I used the hit and run method when I did mine with no drop. Fire, move back, reload, forward. 0 Luck. I tried to stay where the beacon was always showing on my UO map, but hard to control distance when trying to click cannon buttons and maneuver ship alone. That part will be easier with a group.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,864
    Kyronix said:
    Khyro said:
    @ Kyronix 

    Two of us did a Plunderbeacon on Baja today, took us a bit of time as we don't have the best items there (I'd say 30m+). After the lighthouse was finally destroyed, unfortunately neither of us had received a Mythical crate drop. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen compared to how I was killing Plunderbeacons on TC, other than it taking a bit of time. Maybe that is the variable -- time taken to kill the Plunderbeacon? Does it "Reset" at any point and remove your credit?

    We'll try to do more later today to test again.


    The reset only happens after you get a drop - this is true for all guaranteed reward systems.  The amount of points you get from destroying the lighthouse is really high so you should get a mythical crate each time (assuming you are in the "top attacker" list in the top 8ish positions).  We will investigate and see what's going on.  Thanks for the info!

    Edit to add: What luck are you running and how far are you from the plunderbeacon?  Could it be you are more than 16 tiles from the lighthouse?  Were you hidden?

    Are you saying we could have 8 players attacking the Lighthouse and they all get a cargo?

    Should we be in a party or no party.  That would be sweet if we could do this as a community hunt!
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 200
    edited March 2019
    Update after a night of defending the High Seas:

    5 more plunderbeacons sent to Davy Jones' Locker. Each one took around 15 minutes from engaging the Orcish Crew, to destroying the Lighthouse:

    1) 2 People, first person did 50% of the damage to the Lighthouse, second person did the other 50% damage. Second person got a Mythical crate, first person did not.

    2) 2 People, first person did 45% of the damage to the Lighthouse, second person did 45% damage to the Lighthouse, then first and second person traded off single hits until it was destroyed. Second person got a Mythical crate, first person did not.

    3-5) 1 Person, received 1 Mythical Crate after destroying the Lighthouse each time.

    So, unfortunately I am still not sure what is causing the no-drop issue. I am trying to mix up how I kill them to see if anything triggers it. One of the solo kills above I spammed Invisibility on myself to see if that would trigger it, but still got the crate.

    As for tests 1 & 2, only 1 person received the crate. I am assuming the Mythical crates are 1 drop per Lighthouse, with a random person in the top 8 attackers list receiving it? Or is everyone on that list supposed to get one?

    Will keep testing and updating my results as needed.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

  • RadstRadst Posts: 47
    The publish note does not mention any of these new cargo & new pirate thing. Are these included or not in the final WW publish? Thanks
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 408
    Radst said:
    The publish note does not mention any of these new cargo & new pirate thing. Are these included or not in the final WW publish? Thanks
    I know this is live on Baja right now; one of the shards to get it early so I would say yes.

    • I don't see anything
    • officially announcing
    • the plunder beacons like they normally do like this!!!!
    • or the other content to go along.
    There are I think 4 stories that can be read, but they are mixed in with other things. So it is a bit difficult to follow since if you were to start reading them, you'd have to read backwards. :D

    Maybe they need to move the story to the event arc section? I think though since it is part of the High Seas and High Seas is needed, it is just an update to the High Seas Content.

    I have not had a chance to see if a non High Seas person can even get a drop.

    Maybe they will post something when it is available on on shards.




  • MariahMariah Posts: 1,767Moderator
    You may find it useful to read the information on the town crier's notices.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 200
    @Kyronix

    Just a suggestion -- is it possible to get journal feedback on the amount of money deposited into a city treasury when a maritime cargo crate is turned into a trade minister? (similar to trade orders).

    This is probably the most common question I've seen on Baja so far. Most people don't understand what turning in the crate to the trade minister does, some think you are supposed to get random rewards in your pack, others have noticed the reputation, but no one thinks to look at the treasury (even after I tell them~).

    Might be too late to add, but would be helpful!
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Sign In or Register to comment.