A Fishing Quest Order of 280 points, 6 line each for 20 count giving a Junk Proof Hook ?

Something needs to be looked at with the Fisning Quests' Orders rewards....

I had a 6 lines order, 20 counts for each of the six lines, with 20 named crabs (40 points) + 20 x 3 deep sea fish (120 points) and 20 x 2 dungeon fish (120 points) for a total of 280 points and it gave me a useless Junk Proof Hook ???

Excuse me ?

It took me quite a lot of time to fish up all of those fish and crabs to fill the order and what I get is a totally useless Junk Proof Hook ?

I think that the Rewards for Fishing Order Quests need to be given a SERIOUS look....

Comments

• DrowyDrowy Posts: 128
    I experienced the same a few days ago. Got low rewards for high reward quest. These quests are quite time consuming, so getting a wrong reward is pretty annoying.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    This is nothing new, been going on and been complained about since High Seas rolled out.  It's very very frustrating and needs fixed so that at least higher end orders get rewarded with useful items for orders over 100 (counting my way) or 200.  The orders above 100 are fairly common (but only for folks that have done a LOT of trade orders) and as far as I know we are not unbalancing the game with the higher end fishing rewards, give us a break devs, please!!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    And this one, instead, of 20 crabs (40 points) + 20 Deep Sea Fish (40 points) + 20 x 3 Dungeon Fish (180 points) for a total of 260 points,

produced a Golden Fish Bait when I understand that Baits are the most common reward...

Golden Tuna is one of the rarer baits, still I guess it shouldnt be in the 260+ reward package.
    By the way, I think that the Legendary Fish :

- Abyssal Dragonfish
    - Black Marlin
    - Blue Marlin
    - Dungeon Pike
    - Giant Samurai Fish
    - Golden Tuna
    - Kingfish
    - Lantern Fish
    - Rainbow Fish
    - Seeker Fish
    - Spring Dragonfish
    - Stone Fish
    - Winter Dragonfish
    - Zombie Fish

Should be able to yield more then just a Trophy....

For example, they should be made possible to be cut in steaks and pies or other eatables to be made from them (more work for Cooking and other Skills, for example Alchemy if drinks could be made from them....) which were to provide BUFFS for characters and also for pets which would be significant Buffs for quite lengthy times....

This would provide some usefullness for Legendary Fishermen to fish them up, for Chefs or Alchemists to prepare those pies, drinks etc. and then for Warriors to benefit from those buffs !!

As of now, Legendary fish once made into a Trophy its game over...

How many same Trophies does one need of a given type of Legendary fish ??
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    When Devs first mentioned taking a serious look at and overhauling High Seas, I was very, very hopeful that this was one thing that would be scrutinized.

Changing the reward system to be tiered, so that higher quests do not have the option to reward the lowest prize, would be nice. Personally, I want the RNG of it removed, and instead a ''point system'' like BODs or the Treasure events. Complete the quests as required, but whatever reward you get can be turned in for points, accumulated, and eventually you can claim what you actually want. Also turn in unnamed crabs for points... etc.

High Seas is getting a make over this year, and this is the time to speak up. Maybe we can get the quest system on the docket, if it is not already.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Is there a chart or something like the BOD reward for fishing quests and IMHO these rewards should be set up just like the BOD rewards.  You should not get small rewards for such a large quest.
    I had in memory that the monger system was kinda like the BOD system. So with bigger quests you only get bigger rewards. I did some research and my memory was wrong. You can also get low level rewards with the highest quests.
    This really needs to be changed. There is nothing more frustrating than getting a useless book, a low fish bait, a trap or hook, when having a high point quest you worked for alot.
    Also the crab fishing itself should be looked at. Either take out the no name crabs/lobster, let us turn them in for named crabs our choice 2 to 1 or dont let the traps vanish in the depth of the water.
    Had much hope on this Order ....

And this is what I got....

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    WOW @popps that sucks.  Please @Kyronix can something be done about this?
    Bilbo said:
    WOW @ popps that sucks.  Please @ Kyronix can something be done about this?
    I think that such an Order 2x 20 Crabs/Lobsters (80 points) + 1x 20 Deep Fish (40 points) + 3x 20 Dungeon Fish (180 points) = a total of 300 points, is the highest one can get....

Yet, it only yield me some bait for a Legendary Abyssal Dragonfish which can only end up on a Trophy, when caught.....