Embroidery Tool?

Anyone get this? What does it actually do? I'm guessing it's like an engraving tool which I'm not really crazy about.
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Comments

• If I understand it correctly you can engrave clothing with text. My personal opinion is that it's a very bad idea. I foresee it being used for all the wrong reasons.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited February 2019
    If I understand it correctly you can engrave clothing with text. My personal opinion is that it's a very bad idea. I foresee it being used for all the wrong reasons.
    i think it'll be fine.  we've had armor, weapon, and spellbook engraving for years now. 

now there was a time when you could exploit the tools, so it would appear that a spellbook had extra mods like 100 lrc, slayer, ect.  thats when they added the "engraved" tag to spellbook engraving to prevent scams.  I supposed some people may still be fooled somehow but in general i think people realize when an items been engraved.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I just wish it had more uses...
    but can't wait to be able to get one...
    "North Pole Inc" will be awesome on Krampus items
  • Smoot said:
    If I understand it correctly you can engrave clothing with text. My personal opinion is that it's a very bad idea. I foresee it being used for all the wrong reasons.
    i think it'll be fine.  we've had armor, weapon, and spellbook engraving for years now. 

now there was a time when you could exploit the tools, so it would appear that a spellbook had extra mods like 100 lrc, slayer, ect.  thats when they added the "engraved" tag to spellbook engraving to prevent scams.  I supposed some people may still be fooled somehow but in general i think people realize when an items been engraved.

I hope you're right Smoot.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I tried it on TC1 and that is what it does. It add a text line.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited February 2019
    Think smooth summed it up well,

Smoot said:
      we've had armor, weapon, and spellbook engraving for years now. 

so the embroidery engraving tool for robes is just another addition to add text.

What Id like to see though is the ability to add symbols or art to clothes. This could also be a wonderful way to make atleast some use of the veteran robes/cloaks with 3/4/5 resist that are not much used today. Let crafters add an extra mod to them, or some predefined symbol/art, would be a great vet reward tool also. Also guild/faction/vvv symbols would be interesting.

• It was the "engraved" part that turned me off to those tools. But I can see why they did it.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    with the word embroidery on it, I assumed it was adding an intricate design to the item...
    emblems like that are carved into pumpkins... all those would look awesome on shields or aprons