Jewelery boxes + Search bar

LordGandalfLordGandalf Posts: 43
edited October 2018 in General Discussions
Strongly suggest adding a “Search” tool for the Jewelery boxes to make it easier for players finding what they are looking for, since changing their position inside the chest is not permitted.

thanks
Discord: Gandalf#5361
PRO Guild Leader

Comments

• +1
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    Yep, always felt like they did half a job on this one.

The idea was good, but they rushed it out half finished.

Would have thought this was a fix everyone would approve of.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Yep, ability to store 500 pieces of jewelry is pretty much useless without search. Another feature that needs to be added is to be able to name the jewelry boxes.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Pinco updated his UI on 'EC and added a search function.  It Highlights the results on each page, but you do have to search each page separately.  You can also search on the results (prev search) to narrow it down even more. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    Seed boxes have the same issue.  I use an Excel spreadsheet to know what I have and where to find it in the box.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Pinco's UI has this:

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Mervyn said:
    Pinco's UI has this:

Having to search each page individually makes this better than nothing but not by a whole lot. Definitely not enough to stop using regular secure containers.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Apologies I didn’t see that @ZekeTerra already posted about Pinco’s
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• LordGandalfLordGandalf Posts: 43
    edited February 2019
    @Kyronix why is Pinco always ahead of you in UX and UI?
    PRO Guild Leader
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,946
    @ Kyronix why is Pinco always ahead of you in UX and UI?
    In the Thread I made about adding a SEARCH function in the Jewelry Box, someone mentioned that it would not have been an easy thing to do and that other things were more important to take Developments' time....

Well, "if" Pinco's UI somehow is able to provide "some" search functionality, albeit with limits I seem to understand, then, perhaps, it is not "that" of a challenge ??

I mean, if Pinco was able to add "some" search cababilities, why could the Developers not do the same, also for the 2D Client ?

Would it be a technical challenge or would it not be, perhaps ?
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    popps said:
    @ Kyronix why is Pinco always ahead of you in UX and UI?
    In the Thread I made about adding a SEARCH function in the Jewelry Box, someone mentioned that it would not have been an easy thing to do and that other things were more important to take Developments' time....

Well, "if" Pinco's UI somehow is able to provide "some" search functionality, albeit with limits I seem to understand, then, perhaps, it is not "that" of a challenge ??

I mean, if Pinco was able to add "some" search cababilities, why could the Developers not do the same, also for the 2D Client ?

Would it be a technical challenge or would it not be, perhaps ?
    I am the one that made that statement Popps. I am not a wiz or very knowledgeable about programming and such, and I am not tring to put pincos down afer all I have it on my enhanced client, but I think there is a big difference in programming a module or addition to a vast project as UO, I am not sure how much larger than oincos the wWorld of UO is but i would hazzared a guess that it was a Wole lot bigger. I could be wrong and if I am i do apoligize, and will drop the matter. Hope everyone is having a Great morning.

Wish I was Playing UO.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited February 2019
    If you can search every single container, backpack, chest, pouch, box, bankbox, corpse  in the default EC right now, there is no reason they couldn't of made the jewelry box function the same.   The only difference should of been the lockdown count on it.  There was no reason the same existing function for searching as there currently is could not of been used.

All my jewelry is back in regular containers for this very reason.  If I want an 18 sdi 3:1 bracelet i search

18 sdi in the first search pass then from there search recovery 3 in the second pass then casting 1 on the third pass, and basically any bracelet matching those mods appears.   If I am restocking my newbie jewels I dump all braces in a box and all rings in another and search +15 magery when I need to replace mage skill jewels, +15 healing if I need healing, recovery 3 then pick out the 3:1 stuff for restocking the fcr/fc jewels.  The jewelry box is useless for this functionality.

And for my crafters that have a box in their backpack with crafting tally's in I search tink for the tinkering one cook for the cooking one.   I am so over mousing over item after items.  Search for the win and anything less is going backwards.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2019
    MissE said:
    If you can search every single container, backpack, chest, pouch, box, bankbox, corpse  in the default EC right now, there is no reason they couldn't of made the jewelry box function the same.   The only difference should of been the lockdown count on it.  There was no reason the same existing function for searching as there currently is could not of been used.

All my jewelry is back in regular containers for this very reason.  If I want an 18 sdi 3:1 bracelet i search

18 sdi in the first search pass then from there search recovery 3 in the second pass then casting 1 on the third pass, and basically any bracelet matching those mods appears.   If I am restocking my newbie jewels I dump all braces in a box and all rings in another and search +15 magery when I need to replace mage skill jewels, +15 healing if I need healing, recovery 3 then pick out the 3:1 stuff for restocking the fcr/fc jewels.  The jewelry box is useless for this functionality.

And for my crafters that have a box in their backpack with crafting tally's in I search tink for the tinkering one cook for the cooking one.   I am so over mousing over item after items.  Search for the win and anything less is going backwards.
    Like Bonnie does know the EC exists...

Wish we had a proper producer :(

Btw. jewelry box was nothing but free beta testing the EJ bank box.. believe it or not. Lipstick on a pig.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • cmon guys, lets look at the bright side, i love those new repair & tinker benches... add ur comments in constructive sentences!
    PRO Guild Leader