From the Desk of EM Faine Morgan – January/February Edition

EM EchoEM Echo Posts: 165Event Moderator

First, I want to start by saying thank you to everyone for the warm welcome I’ve received on Catskills. I’ve enjoyed meeting you and talking with you and I look forward to being a part of your community. I hope you will enjoy the events I bring you and I always welcome feedback. I’m hoping to do a wide range of events including more brain games and puzzles as well as competitions and, yes, battle events.

Speaking of battle events, I want you to know that the first few monster events may be either fizzles or horribly bloody. But I promise you, I’m taking notes and making adjustments. I need to learn what you are all capable of to get a balance between a good fight that isn’t over in 60 seconds and an impossible fight that cannot be won. Neither of those are fun. While I’m working it out, I won’t promise to get it right immediately, but I WILL promise to try and to adjust. I also promise to give you all a fighting chance, or a running start (and plenty of healers).

I know several have asked about the Royal Britannian Guard and my intentions. Honestly, I AM going to do a reboot and I hope to have more information for you on that next month. I’m still working to figure out what makes sense. I have not forgotten and more to come.

Finally, for February, I’m making a couple of adjustments to the schedule. Well, ok, really just one. We had discussed that the Governor’s meeting would be the first Monday with events the second and fourth Thursday of each month. However, in February, the second Thursday just happens to be Valentine’s Day. While I dearly love each of you, I love my hubby more. So, I will be spending Valentine’s with him vs killing all of you. *grins*

Schedule for February is as follows –

Monday, February 4th @ 7:30 Eastern – King and Governor’s Council Meeting

Tuesday, February 12th @ 8:00 Eastern – EM Led event, Gate provided from Luna Mint

Thursday, February 28th @ 8:00 Eastern – EM Led Event, Gate provided from Luna Mint

Comments

• OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    With the RBG reboot, does that mean if we didn't complete the previous RBG armor, we likely cannot? Or will there be a way to obtain those pieces in the new system?
  • EM EchoEM Echo Posts: 165Event Moderator
    Okami said:
    With the RBG reboot, does that mean if we didn't complete the previous RBG armor, we likely cannot? Or will there be a way to obtain those pieces in the new system?
    I honestly don't know right now. My initial answer would be likely not but I don't want to say that completely if I can figure out some way to work with the prior system. I do know how hard it is to put that time into a system and then have it *poof* end. But I also don't want to run two systems. Let me see what I can come up with but you raise a very valid point. And I will completely consider the question. 
  • EM EchoEM Echo Posts: 165Event Moderator
    edited February 2019
    A couple of quick comments\updates regarding February's events - 

1. February 4th Meeting with the King - if time permits after the council meeting, I'd like to meet OOC with the governors and "that guy from Cove" (*grins*). It should only take a few minutes but I need to discuss something. If we run short on time, I'll reach out for another day/time.

2. February 12th event - Please no pets or mounts. You won't need them and, actually, they will be a hindrance. This is a no fighting event for bragging rights. You WILL need night site, however. Please plan accordingly. 

3. February 28th event - Mages and spell casters may not be able to cast EV's and target summons during part of this event. You CAN do things like summon earth elemental, etc. but things that require you to target the ground may not work. I'm giving you loads of notice so you can prepare alternatives.