High Seas Question... Flishing!

Goodness knows I've been fishing almost as many years as I've been playing... 17 years to say.

Everything got so complex with the High Seas addition.  The loads of different fish, making it super hard to chop them all up and keep fishing for more serpents.  Why else fish!?

Hunting pirates, orcs, merchants was fun and all... but its been many years.

More to the point, how do we come to fish up the trophy fish?  When you have the addition, its not like the big fish magically appear... that I can tell.

Something like a sailfish or marlin?  Thats all I really want.

How?  Is it a special hook?  Someone know this system well, I'd love to relearn... what I have learned.  :-)  (Yoda).

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.

Comments

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    These links should give you all you need for info:

Stratics has a guide too but I couldn't seem to find it for some reason.

• Is flishing a new skill :)? Never heard about.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• Again with the URLs.

Good lord.

As much as I like this new system... it seams we just dont have the population for discussion any more.

Mene_Drachenfels:

Fishing has been around as long as any other skill, long before High Seas.  In HS, there are far too many fish types that came to be.  Most are as useless as can be, being cut down in to basic raw fish steaks... that are great for building cooking skill.  Raw also makes pet treats... a lot of fish per treat, and they give pets a booster kick in power for like 15 mins or so.  Before HS, a "BIG FISH" would normally drop to the deck... slipping out of the backpack because it was too big.  100 stones +... that could be made in to a wall-hanging trophy.  That was the only fish!  Post HS, there are many... including a blue lobster, that is hanging on the wall of my mall by the dye tubs.  I like it best because its odd.  However the clear "best" trophy is that sail-fish or sword-fish... I dont know fish well.  Its arched, big fin on its back with a long nose.  Looks the same in game as you would see in life.  Other such fish can be mounted... but I dont know about them or am worried.  :-)

See?  No URL.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited November 2018
    The 'useless' fish are used in fishing quests. Rewards from these quests are various baits to help catch rare fish, also power scrolls for fishing, 3 different types of hooks and rarely the Oracle of the Seas – Used to find charybdis.
    There are several pages of information relating to high seas. Most people find it easier to supply a url so that you can read that information for yourself rather than reproduce it all here.  They probably think 'why bother typing it all out when someone has already done it?' The 'sail-fish' you want is called a 'marlin' - blue ones spawn in Trammel waters and black ones in Felucca.

oh, btw. Mene of Drachenfels was refering to the title of your thread which asks, not about fishing, but about flishing.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited November 2018
    Again with the URLs.

Good lord.

As much as I like this new system... it seams we just dont have the population for discussion any more.

See?  No URL.

I actually like you, you are completely loopy, talk more, and ask more questions than I do in-game with my guild. :)

On one hand I've been trying to be helpful, sure, I don't know anything about plants, fishing to the depth you do, I have found the game information on those links interesting and went off in my own direction - a lot of it is new to me. But I was pretty certain the answers to your quite difficult questions were in the links, which they were.

On the other hand, you have had such a disdain for some of the very good links that exist, that I have also been partly joshing with you, and providing them at every opportunity, that's just my sense of humour. >:)  

• Evil_Pixie_WorksEvil_Pixie_Works Posts: 109
    edited November 2018
    Yeah!  I had forgotten about the bait deals!

Thankfully we have the Vendor Search.  I had found some hooks and it didnt make much sense in the long run.

Too bad we dont have such an option as searching our own homes for stuff!  Goodness knows that would be a massive wish-list option.   Off to see if anyone on Atlantic has them.  Thank you Mariah.

As far as trolling goes, I dont find it helpful at all... or funny... or entertaining, Cookie.  Kind of surprised a mod didnt catch this.

• @Mariah @ Pixie
    thanks for the clarification ;)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I’m surprised a forum moderator understood the concept of humour. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Again with the URLs.

Good lord.

Mene_Drachenfels:

Fishing has been around as long as any other skill, long before High Seas.  In HS, there are far too many fish types that came to be.  Most are as useless as can be, being cut down in to basic raw fish steaks... that are great for building cooking skill.  Raw also makes pet treats... a lot of fish per treat, and they give pets a booster kick in power for like 15 mins or so.  Before HS, a "BIG FISH" would normally drop to the deck... slipping out of the backpack because it was too big.  100 stones +... that could be made in to a wall-hanging trophy.  That was the only fish!  Post HS, there are many... including a blue lobster, that is hanging on the wall of my mall by the dye tubs.  I like it best because its odd.  However the clear "best" trophy is that sail-fish or sword-fish... I dont know fish well.  Its arched, big fin on its back with a long nose.  Looks the same in game as you would see in life.  Other such fish can be mounted... but I dont know about them or am worried.  :-)

See?  No URL.

Sorry, next time I just won't answer, I thought the links would be more helpful, what is happening to people? 
  • The legendary fish can be fished up its just luck off the draw while fishing they cannot be cut up and are too pretty to want to cut up anways i have a few different ones now BUT i dont make them in to trophies as it ruins the look of them so i put them on my davis locker
  • Again with the URLs.

Good lord.

Population is fine. We post links b/ c when the questions get numerous & answers lengthy it’s much easier to pop in a link than spend 20mins typing in answers that could b spent playing the game. Most of us want to actually play the game & come here to try n help others enjoy the same. Folks r trying to help, don’t take link posting personally. <3
  • The legendary fish can be fished up its just luck off the draw while fishing they cannot be cut up and are too pretty to want to cut up anways i have a few different ones now BUT i dont make them in to trophies as it ruins the look of them so i put them on my davis locker
    Luck too.  :-)  I see.  I dont think I have a "luck suit", however I did collect luck items in thinking the trick/treats rares would spawn more with GM Begging and the Luck... but it didnt really make any difference.  I never know what WILL and wont in the world of goods.

Trouble.  No bait for sale on Atlantic that I can find.  Searched my friend's house, who did a lot of fishing.  No luck.  I just have far too much going on to really specialize in the those quests.  BUT, I did find a sailfish or marlin… or whatever.  The "job" I have pending... who doesnt come on very often, will have to choose that or what else he wants.

Long gone the days where deals were easy to make!  Just a fact of UO life.  Goodness knows, running around other shards... I'm shocked how much open space I see.

Thank you, LillyMae! 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Parnoc said:

Sorry, next time I just won't answer, I thought the links would be more helpful, what is happening to people? 

Dont lump us all together.  Just 1 poster dont like links.  Links help everyone.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Mob rule, I guess.  Right Pawain?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Maybe but you will not know.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mob_rule
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2018
    I'm surprised a mod allows you to control 11 of the current 1st page threads, and didn't issue you a warning or at least advise you to keep them all under one post . We get it, you like attention.

I have to ask, you don't like the links that have been given to you, and you admit you would rather have an open conversation, is there a reason that you don't have these conversations, or ask for guidance in the general chat channel of your home shard ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Evil_Pixie_WorksEvil_Pixie_Works Posts: 109
    edited November 2018
    Amazing the lack of trolling screening on this site.

Amazing we dont have more people actually being proactive because the trolls just run them off.

I see that clearly.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited November 2018
    Amazing the lack of trolling screening on this site.

Amazing we dont have more people actually being proactive because the trolls just run them off.

I see that clearly.

Chill out Evil Pixie, I was actually just having a laugh with you, and was genuinely helping with those links at the same time, I did find them interesting, and I did go off in a certain direction having found out there were so many cool permanent Tree's ingame etc.

I do admit, I invented trolling 20 years ago, I do admit I'm the best in the world at it, I do admit I can be deadly subtle, or completely outrageously blunt if I want to be, I do admit I'd happily delete Trammel, EC and Sampires.

But... I wasn't actually trolling you, you cannot define that as trolling, I do play the entire game, and enjoy a ton of it's content, including Tree's!

Slightly digressing, and this sort of attaches to one of the points I make many times when I'm properly attacking Trammies and their mentality- and I won't go into depth, because I don't actually want to be attacking you or Trammies here, I'm in a chilled mood, enjoying the game, and am currently happy to live and let live - one of my many points about Trammies that I find frustrating, is they get offended too easily, or want to play the victim too quickly... This is just a PC game, relax, chill, enjoy.

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Let us end this here. Going nowhere.
This discussion has been closed.