Jewelry Box suggestions

KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
edited March 2018 in General Discussions
@Bleak @Kyronix

Is it possible to "update" or fix the Jewelry Box to add the following?
Would make things so very helpful

• Allow addition of eye glasses (all types)
  • Allow addition of "Ankh Pendant"
If I come across more, will add.

Anyone else have suggestions for the Jewelry Box?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    They can hold Garg Necklace but not Garg Amulet.  Should hold those also.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    I totally second the proposal, FWIM... ;)
    I.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Replace it by a standard bag. Functionality 200% improved immediately!
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    JollyJade said:
    Replace it by a standard bag. Functionality 200% improved immediately!
    You have NO style at all...  B) ;)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    How about wands or any item that carry’s / has charges on it 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Display the properties in a list view, having to mouse over to find something totally cancels out the point of the box.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Display the properties in a list view, having to mouse over to find something totally cancels out the point of the box.
    The point of the JB is IMO in equal part pratical (it is, e.g.,the only container to show so many items in a single page) and "artsy", i.e. made to appeal to the Home Decorer kind of players. Thinking of it only from an optimization PoV IMO miss the point. The nice of UO is that it is so vast and differenciated that you can CHOOSE the focus of your play "style".
    I.
  • GrimGrim Posts: 16

I would buy someone a pizza if the JB would act like a container and allow the contents to be exported using the EC function so I can get my 2,000 rings into my sortable database.

As it stands I need to take every jewel out of a JB in lots of 100 then export them.

I love the space saving, but the functionality was shortsighted :(

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Ivenor said:
    The point of the JB is IMO in equal part pratical (it is, e.g.,the only container to show so many items in a single page) and "artsy", i.e. made to appeal to the Home Decorer kind of players. Thinking of it only from an optimization PoV IMO miss the point. The nice of UO is that it is so vast and differenciated that you can CHOOSE the focus of your play "style".
    I.

Not to brag, and i cant find the post, but I believe I was the first, if not one of the first to ask for this item several years ago, anyone who knows me know ..I don't do deco.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Grim said:

I would buy someone a pizza if the JB would act like a container and allow the contents to be exported using the EC function so I can get my 2,000 rings into my sortable database.

As it stands I need to take every jewel out of a JB in lots of 100 then export them.

The jewelry box has absolutely NO functionality.  A total FAIL.  I put all my jewelry back in bags as at least in the EC I can still search for mods that I am needing.

Most hopeless item to be put in game.  ALL it does is reduce lockdowns, can't even stack the damn thing if you have 5 or 6 of em to look decent. Wouldn't waste the pick off the token to get one if you haven't already.  At least until they make the thing useful.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    MissE said:
    Grim said:

The jewelry box has absolutely NO functionality.  A total FAIL.  I put all my jewelry back in bags as at least in the EC I can still search for mods that I am needing.

Most hopeless item to be put in game.  ALL it does is reduce lockdowns, can't even stack the damn thing if you have 5 or 6 of em to look decent. Wouldn't waste the pick off the token to get one if you haven't already.  At least until they make the thing useful.
    I don't even want to know how much time they wasted creating this useless thing..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400

I like the jewelry box, it does have a few quirks I have issues with.  Others have covered the obvious, It holds 500 pieces and displays a weight that's reasonable for a pack or chest to handle.. with one exception.  Over 124 items you cant put it in a secure or a pack animal if you have to move...  let alone you own pouch.   Before I decided to cut back a few houses I put all my jewelry in one of these... I had already a few weeks later arranged to sell the castle and move what I had to my other shards...last thing I went to move was the jewelry box and a few weapons chests....

I had 1 shard shield token left to go to the shard I picked and then home.... there was no way to do it.... I never had to scramble to parcel out the contents of that box so fast before.. I was not a very happy player...  Looks wise the jewelry box is nice..... use has a lot to be desired and this bit about moving...the pits.