How do I get on the drop list ?

I"m one of those conspiracy theorists that believes some accounts are tagged to not receive drops of any kind, even simple stuff like Halloween. I get candy and Evil Twin teleports and that's pretty much it, GM Begging from way back yet I see others listing every high drop in every color. Siege has a group of regulars that every year have every item on vendors for sale, mere days after the content starts.

Am I alone in this feeling ?
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    You are not alone.

I played up until 03 then left came back in 09 been playing since then off and on. Have gone to over 200 em events over 1000 champ spawns and other mobs. I only recived one em item in 09. And a few other items. But after I told the em that his drop disappeared while locked down in my private house. I have not received anything good at any spawn or em event. Even went to a year of em events for the knights quest line on alt. Did not even get a sash that eveyone got. 

So your not alone.
  • LillyMae_1LillyMae_1 Posts: 117
    edited October 2018
    i did 2 hours today trick and treating like i do every year and didnt get one item had over 3k of luck on like i do every year yet nothing just candy some thing defo aint right on legends this year
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    I've been playing UO on and off for 18ish years. I've never gotten a major drop. I used to do doom all the time, and I got 1 arti (crown of anc Harry I believe) in probably 100 runs. I rarely get good 120 PS. Usually all 110s. This subject was brought up on the other forum as well. Some people just do seem to get more drops. Maybe it's rng, maybe it's not. I lean towards not. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    This is pretty ridiculous, first the coding is off because you can Trick or Treat one NPC of a certain type, and in the next moment "There is little chance of getting candy from that", from the exact same NPC type. Another hour of trying this and every 3rd or 4th success is a Naughty Twin teleporting me all over creation. This is fine on the safety of production shards, but it's not very fun on Siege...Yeah Yeah I know, risk vs reward blah blah blah...I see no reward, at least for my account.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    If there’s a list, I’m on it. Very rarely do I not get an event drop. The trick is to be in a full party of 10.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Maximus_NeximusMaximus_Neximus Posts: 380
    edited October 2018
    I believe that it’s character, not account. On two separate characters dong a spawn one averages 4 per spawn and another 9. 

The one who gets 9 does more damage and I believe that plays a factor. But even when I’m not really grinding the drop rate is higher. 
  • Mervyn said:
    If there’s a list, I’m on it. Very rarely do I not get an event drop. The trick is to be in a full party of 10.
    How many of those '10' are you controlling? If I may be so bold as to inquire...
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    edited October 2018

• Lat pay tribuut to duh bluud God. Him puddin lat on duh lizt aftur. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I got 1 new silly pumpkin and the new dragon deed within 30 minutes the first day
    im now about 16 hours into the trick of treating and have only got 2 small black weds same direction and two covered chairs 

something seems broke, but then again pretty much everything in UO has become an insanely boring grind fest.

im lucky to log in 30 days out of the year anymore, wondering why I even bother paying.
    Getting closer ever day to just letting this game go, doesn’t seem to be any fun for me anymore. 

I hooe UO last anther 20 years though I really do. 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    This always makes me think of when people try to convince me eating has no effect on game play. I usually eat or kill myself when I feel something isn't right. (not that I need to I die enough to the environment.)
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Eating can make you full so that you are unable to eat an Enchanted Apple when you need to.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Mervyn said:
    How many of those '10' are you controlling? If I may be so bold as to inquire...
    Just the one, i mean have a legit party with everyone doing damage.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Skett said:
    I got 1 new silly pumpkin and the new dragon deed within 30 minutes the first day
    im now about 16 hours into the trick of treating and have only got 2 small black weds same direction and two covered chairs 

something seems broke, but then again pretty much everything in UO has become an insanely boring grind fest.

im lucky to log in 30 days out of the year anymore, wondering why I even bother paying.
    Getting closer ever day to just letting this game go, doesn’t seem to be any fun for me anymore. 

I hooe UO last anther 20 years though I really do. 
    For a couple of years now, I've noticed that if I play a character I haven't played in a few months or even more than a year, that character will get decent loot the first time I take it out hunting.  After that, it's just a grind again and loot is terrible until I give that character another long vacation.