yes i know some think this is pay to win 
we've all debated the pros and cons 
but if you could...
  1. Would you buy PS and or gold from UO store20 votes
    1. Yes
      55.00%
    2. No
      45.00%
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• I vote the third option...From UO IF and only IF they were cheaper than the other sellers.

Money talks.
  • I vote the third option...From UO IF and only IF they were cheaper than the other sellers.

Money talks.

I kinda assume the other stores would under cut them rather than fold up. But i like competition!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • yeah, maybe they would get cheaper lol.  that would be a nice score

• TimTim Posts: 796
    And they might drive Avatar bankrupt 
  • it would ruin an entire playstyle (scroll farmers) and the last reason to go to felucca would be gone.
    This should never be implemented. Especially not on Siege Perilous.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I tell you what people would buy if it wasn’t free. Shard transfer tokens. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You'll find that any poll will interrupt "someones" playstyle, they're entertaining though.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,351
    No. There would be no point in playing if you could just buy everything. 
  • No. There would be no point in playing if you could just buy everything. 
    The point people don't want to kick their mind into gear over is you CAN buy everything now. Just EA isn't getting the money.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 642
    edited September 2018
    Nope.
    There should be 2 Sosarias. One for those that want everything to be easy, given to them. And another one for those that value the alternative.
    Petra understands this game well, why can’t everyone be as wise?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    People will stay longer and appreciate what they have more if they had to work for it, if you get things too easy you haven't invested enough to stick around.
    edited September 2018
    it would ruin an entire playstyle (scroll farmers) and the last reason to go to felucca would be gone.

And your point being? (sorry couldn't resist  >:) )

But to the point as Captain_Lucky said You CAN buy every  thing now.

A more important question to ask yourself is other then in pvp how does someone else taking the easy way out (cheating) affect you?

The things I have in game I know I earned, your opinion on the mater is of little interest to me. 
    Your opinion of me as a fellow player/shard citizen does.

PS before you get too upset look at the number of votes not the % + or -
  • Mervyn said:
    I tell you what people would buy if it wasn’t free. Shard transfer tokens. 
    False. I wouldn’t buy transfer tokens if I didn’t have shard shields. I didn’t before and I wouldn’t if they removed them. Also, I paid for my shard shields with 14 years of payments. 
  • DerajDeraj Posts: 85
    I really rather loathe the question being posed in this thread because it is irrelevant and also strikes me as slightly underhanded. The implication I read here is that since a lot of players would take the path of less resistance if offered, well maybe it's not so bad an idea after all hint hint nudge nudge. Then, when this option is hypothetically implemented the argument made against those that still object to it is inevitably "Well if you don't like it, don't use it!", not realizing (or capable of even comprehending) that the MMO is a shared experience, and that the integrity, depth and complexity of that experience depends on the rules and challenges being uniform throughout the whole, and uncompromised.

It should be obvious that of course players will take advantage of a shortcut if offered. That does not validate the shortcut's existence.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    it would ruin an entire playstyle (scroll farmers) and the last reason to go to felucca would be gone.
    This should never be implemented. Especially not on Siege Perilous.
    This argument is so untrue you can already buy PS from third party sites you have been able to for years .....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited September 2018
    Mervyn said:
    Petra understands this game well, why can’t everyone be as wise?
    Petra understands "Her" reason for playing, she does not possess a 2nd sight into the reasons the rest of us play, or what our "point" of playing is designed around.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • At the price things are now, much too expensive, everything, yes I would buy gold from the store but I believe they should NOT sell power scrolls ever.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 642
    edited September 2018
    And when you can get gold outside of the game system, and people do it, then the prices will only go higher. The only ones that benefit from this is the gold sellers and buyers.
    Every single person’s playstyle affects the game as the game IS the community. Allowing players to bypass the challenges in the game to obtain goods affects EVERYONE. 

Duping affects everyone,
    bug exploiting affects everyone.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,403
    People can already buy them 

so what about this kind of play style 

someone who has very little time to play can’t type very well to communicate with others play durning off hours for their local shard and also is a solo type adventure on a dead shard that only has 10 to 15 vendors selling absolute junk on them that if you bought it all, you would pay less than 10 mil total 

how would this player get power scrolls if not buying them? 

They are are already being sold who really cares if uo store sells them ? Wait nvm the RTM sites would care I guess and the monopoly of the raiding guilds
    Useful power scrolls in game start at one million on my shard.
    I just checked the most expensive 120 PS online is $20 

$20 real world = 2hr or less at minimum wage 
    1,000,000 gold in game for a new player = month or two heavy play. (I played for years before I hit a million in the bank)

And people wonder why we can't attract new players.

The only reason not to sell PSs in Broadsword store or make them available in more places is the cries of "no-one will come to Felluca" 

Tired of being polite my response is "so why should I care". Trammel was created because not enough people wanted to play a Felluca only game and UO almost went under. 

If you really want to keep Fel viable come up with some interesting content ideas. NOT just the old "you can only get this here so come and let us raid you". Then you might get some more people who want to play with you.

Until then my response to anyone asking about PSs is online with anyone but "avatar" 
    edited September 2018
    To everyone who is saying you can already buy from RMTs:

I would not be averse to the uo store selling powerscrolls and gold -
    If someone from uostore had to log in and farm the scrolls and gold.

When the fel only shard opens, threads like this will not appear. 

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    I will admit that I have bought a 120 power scroll in the real world.  Before I did I would play UO once or twice a year.  I had no hope of getting one in the game.  After purchasing that power scroll and powering up I now play the game every day.