Some pet abilities that do not work

@Bleak

Angry Fire:
Does nothing.  Took a pet with this skill only to kill Artic Orgre Lords. They have Negative Fire resist.  The pet never did damage other than the normal bites. 

Cold Wind:
Also does not do any damage.

Concussion Blow:
Does not do anything

Crushing Blow:
Does not do anything

Bladeweave:
Contains abilities above that do nothing.

None of the above have done damage since the pet revamp was released.

Conductive Blast:
Active time was nerfed to a <2 second duration.  It uses massive mana but the pet does not have time to attack while the spell is active.  It worked fine at the beginning.  Other resist reduction abilities last longer.  The only useable pet that can get it is a Cu Sidhe, They only do 50% energy damage.  This is not an overpowered ability.



What does this mean?  It does do damage.

Lightning Force
Trains the creature in the Lightning Force special ability, causing the creature to attack with energy damage.

Does the creatures normal damage turn to Energy?  Or does it just do an extra energy attack?

The pet revamp has brought many new players back to the game and many are staying because of this new content.  Thanks for putting it in.  But, please make the abilities work as intended.







Tagged:

Comments

  • VioletViolet Posts: 355
    I can touch on a few of these tonight for you: 
    Pawain said:

    Crushing Blow:
    Does not do anything

    Per the wiki https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/combat/special-moves/

    "Crushing Blow Drains 10 points of stamina from target on impact when used on weapons with speeds 3.5 or greater."

    It our tests this is how it works on pets.  There doesn't appear to be a damage increase to a pets damage when it hits with  crushing blow. (Pet training gump, if i recall correctly says it's an increase to damage)  All tests showed it's variance to be within the base damage variance.  However, if the hit actually misses, the effect still applies.

    On players it appears works a bit different, Players get a 50% damage increase along with the 10 stamina loss to the target.

    Something to remember about a majority of the Special Moves, they replace the basic attack for that round.  This is also how weapon special moves work in game (for the most part).

    Pawain said:

    Lightning Force
    Trains the creature in the Lightning Force special ability, causing the creature to attack with energy damage.

    Does the creatures normal damage turn to Energy?  Or does it just do an extra energy attack?

    Lightning Force is an additional damage attack on top of the base damage hit, similar to Grasping Claws mechanics (double hit, grasping+base damage).  It is just an energy attack.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,202
    OK. If you are testing Crushing blow. How many point of stamina does the target lose? And how fast will a typical target regen that stamina loss?

    How many pets do you use daily that have that ability on them?  Weekly? What Mob would it be best on?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,202
    Violet said:
    I can touch on a few of these tonight for you: 
    Pawain said:

    Crushing Blow:
    Does not do anything

    Per the wiki https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/combat/special-moves/

    "Crushing Blow Drains 10 points of stamina from target on impact when used on weapons with speeds 3.5 or greater."

    It our tests this is how it works on pets.  There doesn't appear to be a damage increase to a pets damage when it hits with  crushing blow. (Pet training gump, if i recall correctly says it's an increase to damage)  All tests showed it's variance to be within the base damage variance.  However, if the hit actually misses, the effect still applies.

    On players it appears works a bit different, Players get a 50% damage increase along with the 10 stamina loss to the target.

    Something to remember about a majority of the Special Moves, they replace the basic attack for that round.  This is also how weapon special moves work in game (for the most part).

    Pawain said:

    Lightning Force
    Trains the creature in the Lightning Force special ability, causing the creature to attack with energy damage.

    Does the creatures normal damage turn to Energy?  Or does it just do an extra energy attack?

    Lightning Force is an additional damage attack on top of the base damage hit, similar to Grasping Claws mechanics (double hit, grasping+base damage).  It is just an energy attack.
    Replying to the bold part only.

    I know we have useless special moves on weapons.  But those were made a long time ago.

    Why wouldn't the pet revamp use moves that work and are useful in general.

    Armor Ignore is one of the best moves and to chose any other move besides that will diminish your pet.  We play to have fun and kill stuff. Make the all moves do something useful so we can have a variety of pets.
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    Pawain said:
    @ Bleak

    Angry Fire:
    Does nothing.  Took a pet with this skill only to kill Artic Orgre Lords. They have Negative Fire resist.  The pet never did damage other than the normal bites.












    I concur, angry fire is useless  :|

  • SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 93
    edited March 2018
    Pawain said:
    OK. If you are testing Crushing blow. How many point of stamina does the target lose? And how fast will a typical target regen that stamina loss?

    How many pets do you use daily that have that ability on them?  Weekly? What Mob would it be best on?
    Well, if you chain it, it should drop a mob’s stamina by 10 every time, this slowing its swings and lessening dps.  But generally, it would only be useful on a long fight with something that’s going to last a while.  Otherwise, most everything dies in 4-5 hits or less, if it’s substantial.

    And the only way to get a pet to chain something is by giving it one ability only.
    (Such as Goo-chain or Frenzied WW chain.  That’s fun, not ideal.)

    Ideally, bosses and paragons.  But They usually have an Uber stamina Regen.  

    So, just like with with PVE on a Samp, CB is just niche to unimpressive.

    I don’t know.  What would 3 tamers spamming CB be like?  (Probably more effective ways to deal with encoubter than that lol thus giving your concerns more credence.)

    Edit:  What about 5 Slot 1 pets spamming CB as their only ability and sharing tank?  That would be funny.  50 stamina loss potential per round.  Why worry about low pet damage when 5 things can destroy a targets swing speed lol.  Of course, I don’t know any pets with CB at slot 1. Maybe a 2-1 combo if you can find a 1S pet with a decent skill, like paralyze.  That would be funny too.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,202
    edited May 2018
    @Misk ; Can you acknowledge or fix some of the pet abilities that do not work?


    Oops can this be moved to Bugs. Sorry.
Sign In or Register to comment.