Farewell Frank

I wanted to tell you a little bit about Frank. Frank was an incredible companion, and we have had many an adventure together in UO. He accompanied me on all of my treasure hunting missions, netting ourselves countless scrolls and treasures which we could turn around and sell, all to better our lives together. It was a happy and blissful three years we spent raiding treasure chests together. But sadly… Our time has now come to an end. Frank was my giant beetle. He and I shared a bond early on, and we continued to adventure until our time came to an end. Unfortunately, his demise was a bit unexpected. He had been slain numerous times before, dragons, spiders, obnoxiously strong and persistent pirates somewhat recently. Always to turn into a ghost, and blindly stumble along slowly behind me until some kind soul was able to make him whole again. But this time was different. This time… I had left him in my house in a hurry, as I had duties elsewhere that required immediate attention. When I returned a few days later… That was it. He suddenly had vanished from existence. No ghost. No stumbling. Just gone.

Through no fault of his own, he just ceased to exist, regardless of our bond together. He took all the stuff he was holding from our latest adventure. I guess after all these years, I would always get on him before heading off, or be on him while I slept at night. Always on him.

But this time, I did not get on.

Goodbye Frank.

(Today I learned bonded pets can disappear even if you log out in your house and they are not stabled)

Comments

• KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    edited October 5
    RIP Frank, may rise the son of Frank; like the son of Tocson did.

His dad ran away with a bag full of shovels.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,052
    edited October 5
    firec said:

I wanted to tell you a little bit about Frank. Frank was an incredible companion, and we have had many an adventure together in UO. He accompanied me on all of my treasure hunting missions, netting ourselves countless scrolls and treasures which we could turn around and sell, all to better our lives together. It was a happy and blissful three years we spent raiding treasure chests together. But sadly… Our time has now come to an end. Frank was my giant beetle. He and I shared a bond early on, and we continued to adventure until our time came to an end. Unfortunately, his demise was a bit unexpected. He had been slain numerous times before, dragons, spiders, obnoxiously strong and persistent pirates somewhat recently. Always to turn into a ghost, and blindly stumble along slowly behind me until some kind soul was able to make him whole again. But this time was different. This time… I had left him in my house in a hurry, as I had duties elsewhere that required immediate attention. When I returned a few days later… That was it. He suddenly had vanished from existence. No ghost. No stumbling. Just gone.

Through no fault of his own, he just ceased to exist, regardless of our bond together. He took all the stuff he was holding from our latest adventure. I guess after all these years, I would always get on him before heading off, or be on him while I slept at night. Always on him.

But this time, I did not get on.

Goodbye Frank.

(Today I learned bonded pets can disappear even if you log out in your house and they are not stabled)

Yep, unfortunately if they have anything in their pack, they stay in the game and go wild. probably got tamed or killed by someone. Franks probably the mop boy at the local strip club by now. Fortunately for you all tamed Beetles in ultima online will act, look, and sound exactly like Frank. Tame another one and name it Frank. for all intents and purposes, it will be Frank.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo