What is your least favorite animal to tame?

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    Ones we get from tokens instead give us a new tamable to complain about 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    The things in Eodon that do 100% physical damage.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I'd have to say that was my wife. I still have a few scars from that one . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GarretGarret Posts: 160
    Reptalon i guess...
  • Once you learn how to lead tame with greater cure and invisibility, I think they are all the same difficulty. Isolate, beat down, lead tame. 
  • PezPez Posts: 8
    edited September 27
    Initially I was going to say either reptalon or fire steed for the environment factor. Maybe dimetrosaur for poison breath, or five slotters like frost dragons and greater dragons due to being on foot.

Taking a turn here as I realize the more challenging the environment, or the longer it takes to spawn a higher intensity generally leads to more fun for me. It's more of a reward in acquiring the ideal pet versus an easy-farming spawn (nightmare, ki-rin) or opening a statue.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    I see.. least favorite and most answer by their most "difficult"

The cu sidhe is my least favorite; easy & boring while being very frustrating for obvious reason.. i prefer the running and hard plays over the LONG walk with a rock in my shoes.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • My least favorite animal to tame is the one I find out after I tamed, that it does not meet the requirements I was looking for.
  • ZyloZylo Posts: 20
    Things with a messy spawn around them that make it difficult and I feel like I'm more engaged in a PvM dungeon raid....
  • REDFIVEREDFIVE Posts: 8
    Rune beetle is hard, i use honor to make it better ty
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 586
    edited October 5
    Hard to say. I mastered lead taming decades ago, and can lead tame on foot virtually any creature without beating it down, peacing, or invissing.
    There's a few contenders though for the most challenging, for various reasons.

The Phoenix can actually be somewhat of a challenge, due to their sheer movement speed, mana dumping capability, and their Fire Aura will aggro them onto you very fast. Plus they tend to fly into areas where you can't get a tame attempt on them due to LoS.

The Greater Dragon used to be a challenge back when they could Teleport on top of you. Nothing quite like while taming a GD, they begin a Firebreath, and as soon as the 60 damage Firebreath hits you, they teleport on top of you and hit you with a 40-50 damage melee attack that applies a Bleed. Lots of burst damage when they could do that. Even worse if they hit you with a Poison or Paralyze right after that.

Back before i'd lure all the Dryads out, and when i'd lead tame all the Cus to turn over the spawn instead of killing them, taming Cus in the Twisted Weald was a pain in the ass. Not because of the Cus themselves, but because the Dryads would constantly be getting into fights with Changelings or Dire Wolves, and would area peace everyone around them (including you), so you couldn't cast at all. You'd be lead taming a Cu Sidhe, a Changeling would target you, then the Dryad would target the Changeling and peace you, and you couldn't cast heals as you got a dog trying to bite you and a Changeling blasting you with spells.
    That was honestly some of the most irritating taming to ever piss me off, due to stupid Dryad peacing. I wanted to start a Crusade against the Dryads, and slaughter them all into extinction because of that. The "Wrath of the Fey" event was a good start to killing as many Dryads as possible.

The riskiest and most nerve wracking taming though, was taming a Nightmare in Terathan Keep back when T2A first launched. Not only was the Nightmare itself dangerous, but the entire area was dangerous with nasty Terathans everywhere, and that was also before Tram, so other players could attempt to kill you during the tame.

The Ossein Ram tame on New Legacy was surprisingly challenging to an extent. The Rams were extremely fast (as fast as a Phoenix, which is must faster than Rams are on Prodo), and hit hard, and could hit you with Disarm or Shield Bash (which would Paralyze you). They also spawned in a very dangerous room/area (Lich Lord room of Deceit), and if you lured them into the hallway (which was clear of Lich spawn), you had very little room to maneuver around them. You were going to be taking hits for sure.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    edited 12:33AM
    taming Cus in the Twisted Weald was a pain in the ass. Not because of the Cus themselves, but because
    This is what the changeling/ paragon changeling feels like: 

on top of walking with a rock in your shoes (cannot run) They fly over and annoyed the f out of you and unlike the bard.. even if you aggro them away they will spawn back in the CUs spawn, soon enough.

You have to lose karma to kill the freaking paragon CUs.. everything in this zone is frustrating for the worse reason; design to make u lose time and sanity.. compare this with blighted grove.. another frustrating zone but this zone was soo freaking fun.. frustratingly hard (no room; with ninja bard and spawn everywhere), but fun.

PS: The last time i went to tame CUs I was just aggroing them out of the desert to tame them in series and release them in the portal, but yeah I had to take turn with someone else.. the dude had his own little army; a pocket healer alt account.. never moving in the middle of the desert and instant auto healing everyone losing a single HP around him (i was like fuck stop healing me.. to realised it was a scripted bot).. this healer was also a bard.. to deal with the spawn.. to kill the CU he had another scripted alt account.. a sampire to kill the CUs and he was controlling his tamer (the only character moving and talking) cheating to release the pain.

The dude was there everyday 6-8 hours per day hunting for blazing CU's with 3 account, controlling one.

Here what look like 8-10 hours of legit CU's taming; pure pain: 
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio