What Are They Doing?

BenBen Posts: 246
edited September 27 in General Discussions
I see some things on Formosa Shard I never see anywhere else. Maybe some of you can tell me what they are doing. In the first and second picture are characters recalling in beside the Trade Minister on Magincia, running to the Tailor shop, then heading to the Moongate. You see 4-5 characters in the first picture, but 4 you do not see making their run to the Moongate and recalling back to the Trade Minister. They have been doing this since the server went back up three hours before. In the 3rd picture you see the champ spawn of The Piper. My thief is revealed and killed by the Red PK. There is one blue player from the same guild in the picture casting EVs non-stop. Two other blue players from the same guild are running outside the picture. One of their guild is posted on the entrance to Fire. They have been here 3 days, around the clock. How is that possible? I will share more oddities later.

Comments

• PsycoderPsycoder Posts: 26
    edited September 27
    All of these are bots.

It seems like bots in the first pic are broken. So they keep getting back.

For picture 4, if they have really been at it for 3 days, then it seems like GMs quit their job or they are in their winter sleep.
  • Psycoder said:
    All of these are bots.

For picture 4, if they have really been at it for 3 days, then it seems like GMs quit their job or they are in their winter sleep.

What GM's? I have been trying to get a GM all day and just gave up after hours of no response. I can't even figure out if there are certain support hours or if anyone is on duty.
    edited September 27
    DolGorath said:

What GM's? I have been trying to get a GM all day and just gave up after hours of no response. I can't even figure out if there are certain support hours or if anyone is on duty.
    Sometimes I look around and feel Mesanna must have some kind of passionate hate for me to ban 8 of my accounts. I can point to at least 20 people that were AFK farming at the void dungeon when I was perma banned. Nothing happened to any of them. Maybe I should go full Pawain and start throwing poop on everyone that criticizes her.
  • BenBen Posts: 246
    Psycoder said:
    All of these are bots.

But why? What are the characters in first two pictures doing? They recall into Trade Minister, run to the Tailor, then run to and through the moongate. A few seconds later they recall back to Trade Minister and do it all again.

As for the Piper champ spawn, yes, they have been there three days, maybe longer. I only discovered it when I took my thief there to scout it out first, then saw them. I decided to watch, then started picking up their gold. I made three runs with gold before they were onto me, and that was when the Red PK showed up, revealed me, then killed me. I kept coming back, to be killed a couple more times, but was able to see they were still there as of an hour or so ago. Three days. The Neceo you see casting EVs has not moved but two spaces in all that time.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,269
    Trade quest in New Mag will ALWAYS offer tailor quests. What they're doing is filling the quests, running them and recalling back to get another. 

I have suggested this to newer players because with my testing I've found 6 of 10 will give SOTs moongate running. 

There's much more profitable things to do but to each their own. 
    Urge said:
    Trade quest in New Mag will ALWAYS offer tailor quests. What they're doing is filling the quests, running them and recalling back to get another. 

I have suggested this to newer players because with my testing I've found 6 of 10 will give SOTs moongate running. 

There's much more profitable things to do but to each their own. 
    Gotcha. And for the The Piper champ spawn? How is it possible to run the spawn 24 hours a day for what is now the beginning of day 5? Keep in mind, I had not been here awhile since scouting it out for a return earlier in the week. For all I know, they could have been running this for much longer.
    I don't know. Something seems wrong here. I don't mind that I have to move on to another spawn, but with the rules as they are, and knowing this group cross shards to Atlantic regularly, how many power scrolls can 4-5 players collect running a spawn 24 hours a day for no less than 5 days?
    The image taken below is from this morning. I usually sign on around this time for a few minutes before getting ready for work or going on a run.

edited September 27
    Ben,

This guy has been running house placement script for the last 2 years uninterrupted. As we are discussing at the other thread, the rule enforcement is selective and some players are immune to it.

Forget about 5 days, I would not be surprised if those guys at your screenshot have been at this champ spawn for months/years already.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    You can't kill a scripter on fel?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:

If I did not misunderstand Ben, they fight 5 vs 1.
    Psycoder said:
    McDougle said:

If I did not misunderstand Ben, they fight 5 vs 1.
    Bring friends? 
    edited September 28
    McDougle said:
    I had my thief. He cannot fight. I could come back with my Sampire, who I used to use to solo this spawn, but that would be futile, since he will not be able to battle the red PK you see in the picture, who no doubt is a Parry Mage. I have gone against him before and barely escaped, getting only a couple of hits to make my way out. My thief was scouting the area out to see if it was worth coming back. Getting killed does not bother me. My observation of this is how peculiar it all is. That is what I was sharing. A couple of the 5 characters are no doubt bots. The red just comes in to take care of intruders. Since this discussion began, I have learned that this is going on at other Despise champ spawns on neighboring local shards. I suspect that they belong to the same circle, since all has gone quiet on the Discord server they frequent once I shared a photo as somewhat of a joke. Anyway, back to my original point, it just amazes me, since this has been going on 5 days now 24 hours a day. As for calling on friends...yeah, but no. That is making it personal, when this is a matter of game mechanics that are not seemingly working the way they should. Anyway. Peculiar.
    Update as of this morning. The bots were hit. Someone was paying attention, and made a point of posting it on Discord and also sending a shout out to me.

Look closely at the picture below. How revealing. What are we seeing? Is this what all experienced PKs see? Stalagmites replaced by brown grid boxes, the green and red squares I am not sure about. You learn something every day. Feel free to share your insight on this photo.

It will quickly be removed as posting it against forum rules 
    McDougle said:
    Truly? I do not understand.
    Ben said:
    McDougle said:
    It's not from a legal client? 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,433
    Ben said:
    McDougle said:
    Many of mine get taken down, even though they look cool. :)

Yes, this is how many pvpers see the game, they value performance and minimal data over pure graphics.

it cuts out lag, and gives clearer vision.

A lot of this is personal choice.
    A tickbox to show trees or not, a nice stump is nice for a pvper in my opinion.
    Gaps between houses create real problems for pvpers as you cannot see to fight if the building graphic is in the way, so the ability to remove buildings and bring them down to a block reduces lag and enables you to see to fight.
    The green and red tiles are fields, probably poison and fire. I personally prefer original Classic field graphics as I interpret them faster and better and think they look better. I think many pvpers don’t think for themselves and follow the crowd, thinking they must do this, because everyone else does. But many pvper learn to interpret coloured flat tiles faster.
    And as mentioned, a tickbox to automatically open doors is nice, doors are fiddly. Or a macro as is built in already, again the point being - choice, preference of playstyle.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 990
    Ben said:
    Update as of this morning. The bots were hit. Someone was paying attention, and made a point of posting it on Discord and also sending a shout out to me.

Look closely at the picture below. How revealing. What are we seeing? Is this what all experienced PKs see? Stalagmites replaced by brown grid boxes, the green and red squares I am not sure about. You learn something every day. Feel free to share your insight on this photo.

yea your screenshot is likely to be removed as soon as a mod sees it, it's a 'cheat' as in, it's against the rules.... but in-game rules don't matter, so they're all going to be back at it soon, only the forum rules matter    That's why the game's been going downhill faster than ever.

Not many people want to play an MMO where no one else is actually playing either.  it might as well be a single player-game at this point.

on a side note, CUO is a nice client, but the open source is going to be a big problem if it stays that way.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Cookie said:
    A lot of this is personal choice.
    A tickbox to show trees or not, a nice stump is nice for a pvper in my opinion.
    Gaps between houses create real problems for pvpers as you cannot see to fight if the building graphic is in the way, so the ability to remove buildings and bring them down to a block reduces lag and enables you to see to fight.
    The green and red tiles are fields, probably poison and fire. I personally prefer original Classic field graphics as I interpret them faster and better and think they look better. I think many pvpers don’t think for themselves and follow the crowd, thinking they must do this, because everyone else does. But many pvper learn to interpret coloured flat tiles faster.
    And as mentioned, a tickbox to automatically open doors is nice, doors are fiddly. Or a macro as is built in already, again the point being - choice, preference of playstyle.
    Thank you, Cookie. That is very revealing. I had no clue.
    CovenantX said:
    Ben said:

yea your screenshot is likely to be removed as soon as a mod sees it, it's a 'cheat' as in, it's against the rules.... but in-game rules don't matter, so they're all going to be back at it soon, only the forum rules matter    That's why the game's been going downhill faster than ever.

Not many people want to play an MMO where no one else is actually playing either.  it might as well be a single player-game at this point.

on a side note, CUO is a nice client, but the open source is going to be a big problem if it stays that way.

Thank you, CovenantX. Very enlightening.
  • Cookie said:

Yes, this is how many pvpers see the game, they value performance and minimal data over pure graphics.

The forum rules are honestly ridiculous at this point. So many players are using third-party clients that the developers "war" against them ended in nearly instant defeat, but we have to tiptoe around and pretend they don't exist so that the last most out of touch 5% of people don't catch on.
    Cookie said:

The forum rules are honestly ridiculous at this point. So many players are using third-party clients that the developers "war" against them ended in nearly instant defeat, but we have to tiptoe around and pretend they don't exist so that the last most out of touch 5% of people don't catch on.
    Goodness. That pretty much described me then.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,152Moderator
    I will not remove the picture. I will leave legit players to form their own opinion of players who feel the need to simplify the game to the extent shown.
  • Mariah said:
    I will not remove the picture. I will leave legit players to form their own opinion of players who feel the need to simplify the game to the extent shown.
    That's the best post I've read here in years. Thank you
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    CovenantX said:

in-game rules don't matter, so they're all going to be back at it soon, only the forum rules matter

They not even trying anymore; someone is using an illegal client killing someone botting a couple accounts 24/7

One thing bugging me.. how come u only have 2 rat corpses and no gold on the ground?

The chance that red PK was just done after x weeks of free farming and just killed his own bots; staging this shit, is pretty huge.
    That screenshot; it's like a battle scene from the ring of power.. make no sense.

I'm not knowledgeable of that cheat engine but removing the spawn would be totally retarded.

Mariah said:
    I will leave legit players to form their own opinion of players who feel the need to simplify the game to the extent shown.
    as part of the tiny-mini % using the official CC.. these cheaters are smarter, stronger and doing better... only cuz u guys at BoardSword studio ain't doing shit to stop them!

under BS management I should be botting my second account, cuz i could be ATTENDING my botted alt.. at this point i could sit, cross my arms and monitor a screen of bots to farm fan dancer dojo 16/7 (just a random example) or a coon spawn at Despice (another random example) and waiting for PvP at the altar on my main account or just go to bed with a good AI assistant.

You really want us to forge our own opinon, in those freaking terms??

I'm getting penalized for not botting (like the OP screenshot; 9 accounts botting Magincia quests) and i'm also punished for using one of the two OFFICIAL client.

Yesterday i log 5 times on UO.. longest session was 45minutes.. today i logged on my imbuer, still need to train bowcraft.. claim the 4 beetles, load 1,6k boards on each, recall to the heartwood.. I see the same 3 bots farming 16/7 there, since MONTHS.. i turn back unload the beetle & shut the game.

PS: You message.. u really expect us to shame that guy? I want the same tool as he got give us tutorial video to set up 10 bots and this very simplify and sexy UI please.. or simply ban th..

@mesanna How is the war on third party client going? Legends is infested by bots as formosa seems to be.
    After dealing with the bots/cheat engine, does BoardSword Studio planning to do something about the horrible itemization; like shard bound Best In Slot heresy and are you guys planning to work on the HUGE balancing issues UO is having? this shit is out of control.. all u need to achieve the latter is 8 hours per week (2x4) from a designer for 5 months and a group of 12-18 experienced players that gonna play/work 60-80 hours per week and gonna be happy to be paid in virtual peanuts.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
    KroDuK said:

Yesterday i log 5 times on UO.. longest session was 45minutes.. today i logged on my imbuer, still need to train bowcraft.. claim the 4 beetles, load 1,6k boards on each, recall to the heartwood.. I see the same 3 bots farming 16/7 there, since MONTHS.. i turn back unload the beetle & shut the game.

PS: You message.. u really expect us to shame that guy? I want the same tool as he got give us tutorial video to set up 10 bots and this very simplify and sexy UI please.. or simply ban th..

A lot of us, have played for a very long time, you need to remember, we have done it all by hand 100 x over.

You are not in competition with anyone. Play your own game.

You will also develop with the game. Keep your eyes open, learn. 

I do not know how to use 10 bots or set them up, but I could find out if I wanted to. But play your own way, playing with bots is also very demanding - it is more hassle than I could be bothered with - he must be after a very hard to get item.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,269
    Not sure if you guys remember the ebay days but our Asian friends were account sharing and farming 24/7 from internet cafes. They had auto looters but were attended and didn't try to fight dying.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    edited September 30
    Urge said:
    Not sure if you guys remember the ebay days but our Asian friends were account sharing and farming 24/7 from internet cafes. They had auto looters but were attended and didn't try to fight dying.
    The rules should be different for eastern and western server.. we have a different culture.
    Just like the money we paying.. adapted to the region.. brazilian ain't paying 12,99$ USD for a sub.

The Ebay days were great imo; the golden era when UO was at it's peak; selling a staff of magi 40 bucks on Ebay to an impatient brat, then sitting with the profit at brit bank and leaving with an armor of fortune 48 hours later, paid in gold/the profit from your ebay sales.

PS: I was also account sharing in those days with my lil bro.. we had a single PC till 2002 (different era & TOS)
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio