Current situation of housing market on atlantic.

shootgun2shootgun2 Posts: 1
edited September 25 in General Discussions

This guy has had housing monopoly on atlantic houses for 2 years. He has been **PROVEN** to be using both scripts, and exploits. He was reported to GMs 10000+ times. He was directly reported to Mesanna and Kyronix many times. He still has not had a single account banned yet. You can ask to see his houses, and he will always show up with one of the same 10 accounts.

If you are planning to return to the game. Don't!

@Kyronix you can ban this account too for speaking the truth :)
edited by Mariah to remove profanity

Comments

• BenBen Posts: 241
    Well, how exactly does a housing script work? I do not mean give us a lesson, but this is the first time I have heard this. Just wondering how a script helps someone know a house plot is available? It can do that?
  • PsycoderPsycoder Posts: 14
    edited 1:14AM
    Ben said:
    Well, how exactly does a housing script work? I do not mean give us a lesson, but this is the first time I have heard this. Just wondering how a script helps someone know a house plot is available? It can do that?

Initially he was using an exploit with his script. Turns out if you use pet summoning ball after an IDOC you can figure out house placement timing up to a millisecond. This was fixed around 3 months ago. After that, he lost few IDOCs to normal players.

I think he found a new exploit now since he is back. One way or another. This guy made 20k to 30k dollars in 2 years by placing houses and selling RMT.

We reported this guy to GMs, to Mesanna, and to Kyronix 1000+ times. They all refused to do anything about it.

• usernameusername Posts: 785
    I'm sure the dude is a POS but in reality it's the system that needs to be fixed. The IDOC system is antiquated as all hell and the items should be packed up for the user when they return and the plots being able to be placed currently is NOT random. Either needs to be truly randomized or something else. Not going to debate the details of it, but both systems desperately need change.
    I'd live out of a bank or 7x7 before buying a house at the prices. Just don't buy from them or pay the inflated prices they're asking.

PS. it's probably the same old no-draw tile or horse mounting/stuff with pets in the area that players have been exploiting for years. Which BTW are only made possible by these third party clients :D
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PsycoderPsycoder Posts: 14
    edited 3:19AM
    Every argument could have been understandable if they were not selectively applying the ToS enforcement. I think every excuse goes out the window when it is proven that they ban some players for minor stuff, yet they let others run bots/exploits uninterrupted for years.

I doubt anything will be changed.
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,002
    edited 6:51AM
    My opinion is, that the real one issue is the real money trades.

Were it not possible (or if people did not buy gold or in game items with real money), there would be no point to script in UO.

Question is, "why" is there people willing to spend real money to buy either gold or items ?

My guess is, to avoid the grinds and thus the time necessary to put together that gold or get those items in the game.

They prefer to buy them with real money since it shortens their in-game time necessary to get them.

So, we get to the real root of the problem, to my opinion.... too much time, and too much grinding is necessary to get to have a sufficient amount of in-game gold or to get high end items and this is a Design issue to my opinion... 

Personally, I think that it should require much less time and grinding to get high end items and put together also large amounts of gold... if this was the case, I imagine, many UO players would not feel the need to have to spend real money to either buy gold or high end items in the game.

And with no real money trades or much less "buyers" out there, scripters would not have reasons to script in UO for lack of players willing to spend real money to buy in-game gold or items.

That is at least how I see it.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,943
    Popps placing a house isn't a grind?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,002
    edited 2:14PM
    McDougle said:
    Popps placing a house isn't a grind?
    Yes... The sale of Houses brings a lot of in-game gold which then can sell for real money... so, it becomes a reason for players to script House placing since it brings lots of gold to then sell for real money...

My opinion being, that the source of scripting, often, might be the ability to sell in-game gold (or items) for real money...

Personally, I think that game publishers, for any game out there, should forbid the sale of anything game related for real money and enforce that prohibition as much as possible. Games should be played by players for the fun of it, not to make money out of them, IMHO.