What Are They Doing?

BenBen Posts: 241
edited September 27 in General Discussions
I see some things on Formosa Shard I never see anywhere else. Maybe some of you can tell me what they are doing. In the first and second picture are characters recalling in beside the Trade Minister on Magincia, running to the Tailor shop, then heading to the Moongate. You see 4-5 characters in the first picture, but 4 you do not see making their run to the Moongate and recalling back to the Trade Minister. They have been doing this since the server went back up three hours before. In the 3rd picture you see the champ spawn of The Piper. My thief is revealed and killed by the Red PK. There is one blue player from the same guild in the picture casting EVs non-stop. Two other blue players from the same guild are running outside the picture. One of their guild is posted on the entrance to Fire. They have been here 3 days, around the clock. How is that possible? I will share more oddities later.

Comments

• PsycoderPsycoder Posts: 14
    edited September 27
    All of these are bots.

It seems like bots in the first pic are broken. So they keep getting back.

For picture 4, if they have really been at it for 3 days, then it seems like GMs quit their job or they are in their winter sleep.
  • Psycoder said:
    All of these are bots.

For picture 4, if they have really been at it for 3 days, then it seems like GMs quit their job or they are in their winter sleep.

What GM's? I have been trying to get a GM all day and just gave up after hours of no response. I can't even figure out if there are certain support hours or if anyone is on duty.
    edited September 27
    DolGorath said:

What GM's? I have been trying to get a GM all day and just gave up after hours of no response. I can't even figure out if there are certain support hours or if anyone is on duty.
    Sometimes I look around and feel Mesanna must have some kind of passionate hate for me to ban 8 of my accounts. I can point to at least 20 people that were AFK farming at the void dungeon when I was perma banned. Nothing happened to any of them. Maybe I should go full Pawain and start throwing poop on everyone that criticizes her.
  • BenBen Posts: 241
    Psycoder said:
    All of these are bots.

But why? What are the characters in first two pictures doing? They recall into Trade Minister, run to the Tailor, then run to and through the moongate. A few seconds later they recall back to Trade Minister and do it all again.

As for the Piper champ spawn, yes, they have been there three days, maybe longer. I only discovered it when I took my thief there to scout it out first, then saw them. I decided to watch, then started picking up their gold. I made three runs with gold before they were onto me, and that was when the Red PK showed up, revealed me, then killed me. I kept coming back, to be killed a couple more times, but was able to see they were still there as of an hour or so ago. Three days. The Neceo you see casting EVs has not moved but two spaces in all that time.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,266
    Trade quest in New Mag will ALWAYS offer tailor quests. What they're doing is filling the quests, running them and recalling back to get another. 

I have suggested this to newer players because with my testing I've found 6 of 10 will give SOTs moongate running. 

There's much more profitable things to do but to each their own. 
    Urge said:
    Trade quest in New Mag will ALWAYS offer tailor quests. What they're doing is filling the quests, running them and recalling back to get another. 

I have suggested this to newer players because with my testing I've found 6 of 10 will give SOTs moongate running. 

There's much more profitable things to do but to each their own. 
    Gotcha. And for the The Piper champ spawn? How is it possible to run the spawn 24 hours a day for what is now the beginning of day 5? Keep in mind, I had not been here awhile since scouting it out for a return earlier in the week. For all I know, they could have been running this for much longer.
    I don't know. Something seems wrong here. I don't mind that I have to move on to another spawn, but with the rules as they are, and knowing this group cross shards to Atlantic regularly, how many power scrolls can 4-5 players collect running a spawn 24 hours a day for no less than 5 days?
    The image taken below is from this morning. I usually sign on around this time for a few minutes before getting ready for work or going on a run.

edited September 27
    Ben,

This guy has been running house placement script for the last 2 years uninterrupted. As we are discussing at the other thread, the rule enforcement is selective and some players are immune to it.

Forget about 5 days, I would not be surprised if those guys at your screenshot have been at this champ spawn for months/years already.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,943
    You can't kill a scripter on fel?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:

If I did not misunderstand Ben, they fight 5 vs 1.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,943
    Psycoder said:
    McDougle said:

If I did not misunderstand Ben, they fight 5 vs 1.
    Bring friends? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited 3:22PM
    McDougle said:
    I had my thief. He cannot fight. I could come back with my Sampire, who I used to use to solo this spawn, but that would be futile, since he will not be able to battle the red PK you see in the picture, who no doubt is a Parry Mage. I have gone against him before and barely escaped, getting only a couple of hits to make my way out. My thief was scouting the area out to see if it was worth coming back. Getting killed does not bother me. My observation of this is how peculiar it all is. That is what I was sharing. A couple of the 5 characters are no doubt bots. The red just comes in to take care of intruders. Since this discussion began, I have learned that this is going on at other Despise champ spawns on neighboring local shards. I suspect that they belong to the same circle, since all has gone quiet on the Discord server they frequent once I shared a photo as somewhat of a joke. Anyway, back to my original point, it just amazes me, since this has been going on 5 days now 24 hours a day. As for calling on friends...yeah, but no. That is making it personal, when this is a matter of game mechanics that are not seemingly working the way they should. Anyway. Peculiar.