[Proposal] Necromancy Spell - Mass Animate Dead

mismis Posts: 95
edited September 27 in General Discussions

@System

Following the publication '[Role] Sosaria may be in danger!' where in one of the pictures appears a mage pronouncing Vas Uus Corp as an introduction to the event 'Shadow's Awakening', I thought it wasn't a bad idea to use this massive summoning spell, because in situations such as champion spawns, this spell is ideal.

I propose to value the possibility of adding the Necromancy spell 'Mass Animate Dead', although the developers should value the mana, skill, etc, the basic legend would be:

Mass Animate Dead - Vas Uus Corp

Mana Cost: ? (higher than Animate Dead)
Minimum Skill: ? (higher than Animate Dead
Casting Delay: ? (higher than Animate Dead)
Reagents: Daemon Blood, Grave Dust, (other to be determined)
Duration: Summon life depends on Necromancy skill
Area of Effect: All valid targets within 5 tiles of single target (I calculated that with 5 tiles you can summon in the champion spawn 3 undead creatures without problems)
Description:
Mass summon 3 corpses into undead creatures within 5 tiles of single target that roam and attack all creatures except humans. Decays slowly over time and cannot be healed.

As a curious fact, all the spellbooks end in even, except necromancy that ends in odd, with this last one the book would be completed being 18 spells, being thus even as all.

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,424
    It would look very cool and funny. :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,146Moderator
    Necromancy started with 16 spells,until, in an attempt to fix ghost spies at champ spawns Exorcism was added.
  • mismis Posts: 95
    edited September 27
    Mariah said:
    Necromancy started with 16 spells,until, in an attempt to fix ghost spies at champ spawns Exorcism was added.

@Mariah therefore, it seems that the developer's intention was to make it even as the rest, but due to circumstances it became odd, this spell could return the book to even as it was originally.

Cookie said:
    It would look very cool and funny. :)
    @Cookie yes, it would be very good for champion spawn and similar situations where many bodies are grouped together.

In principle my calculation was 5 to guarantee invocations when casting spells of other skills and the distance that could be the difference between body and body, if you take into account the spell 'Wither' that makes 4 tile radius around caster, if they accept this spell (Mass Animate Dead) with at least 4 tiles it would also be great because it makes combination with the necromancy spell 'Wither'.

• I like the idea.
  • PezPez Posts: 8
    Great idea.

This fits the necromancer image, lore, play style, and I don't see immediate downsides. Essentially conduit for animate dead.

Perhaps make it on the mana-heavy side to discourage constant spamming.

It might ramp difficulty for a few boss types who use necro?

I would not feel the book was "complete" based on even or odd spell count, however. I've always wanted more spells within necro. One could argue there's room for growth within all magics.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,943
    All schools of magic should have basic travel,heal ,rez,cure and bards have no spells just mastery and deserve and need the boost having actual spellsongs would give
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 260
    edited September 27
    Pez said:

There wouldn't be any point to spamming it. When you have three undead up and try to animate a fourth, the oldest of the existing three drops dead. Presumably spamming this spell would just kill all of your old undead in favor of new ones every time.
  • PezPez Posts: 8
    Pez said:

There wouldn't be any point to spamming it. When you have three undead up and try to animate a fourth, the oldest of the existing three drops dead. Presumably spamming this spell would just kill all of your old undead in favor of new ones every time.
    Right - my comment came more from the thought of: how could someone be a nuisance with it? But point taken, it wouldn't benefit the caster much to do so.