Family (house) names

PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
The pre hype made them sound important.  They turned out to be random gibberish.   Then we could make our own.

I think there should be about 10 to 20 names that represent UO Lore. 

I'm sure there are some yall could use.  If you do that, let us know them beforehand so we can decide with our friends which to choose.

Us Making up names is not a legacy.

Use Game of Thrones House names.  Dude is too old ti hunt you down.  :p
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,169Dev
    Pawain said:

Until you build it.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    Kyronix said:
    Pawain said:

Until you build it.
    And after we build it what about transfer off ?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 867
    I want to create my own 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    LilyGrace said:
    I want to create my own 
    Looks like that will be an option. I wanted GoT names.  I would be Lanaster.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KalseyKalsey Posts: 40
    I beat you to it Pawain (I think).  Been doing A LOT of research on what to use as my house name.  Not Lanaster or GOTs tho.  There are name generators online, and this could be very, very interesting.  Or go read some Reddit threads on name generator.

You still could be Lanaster, IF you are first to choose it.  hint hint

• TimTim Posts: 813
    Copy right $$$
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 867
    Pawain said:
    LilyGrace said:
    I want to create my own 
    Looks like that will be an option. I wanted GoT names.  I would be Lanaster.

Not Walder Frey? lol

• Tim said:
    Copy right $$$
    He isn't spelling it correctly probably just for that reason so he should be fine.

• Hopefully we get the option to create a new House Name when NL officially launches, rather than be stuck with the one we selected during NL Beta, before custom house names were an option.
  • Can anyone explain the point of the house name? I still don't understand when it comes into play.
  • I believe it will come into play for things like accomplishments  (winning the Yacht Race for example) To distinquish between the many people that can choose the same Name, but only one person would be able to choose the House name Copenhagen for example. so MarySue of House Copenhagen Gets the Trophy. But MarySue of House Skoal couldn't claim she won it and "lost it" Just my guess, probably wrong though.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,438
    As anyone who knows me on Europa can tell you, I have long had a family name, shared with my husband's characters. He doesn't play any longer, but many will remember Terry Fyde playing along side my Petra Fyde. I can only have one pair of characters for house 'Fyde', but I have done a little experimenting, and I can add my 2nd account with 'Fydecousins' or 'Fydesisters'. Thus maintaining my 'relationship' with my characters.