Anyone else annoyed by the Personally Written Anniversary cards being discarded ?

I just logged on Atlantic, and in Luna I saw a number of personally written Anniversary cards discarded on the floor upstairs the Bank.

Seeing this, upset me... anyone else annoyed by this ?

@Kyronix , would it please, be possible to have these Anniversary cards have 0 (zero) item count or, at the very least, give us a special container that we can store them all into, that only counts as 1 item ?

Thank you.

Comments

• nope

they will decay soon enough

I am sure you will be ok
  • you know some players with multiple accts will be looking of rate rare statues on all shards,  there will be thousands of cards littering the banks for 30 mins or so,  by tomorrow I am sure you will have recovered.

I wish I had to trivial things to get upset about in my life......
  • I would suggest staying away form ATl luna Popps, I am about to dump 21 cards
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    Pick up and trash
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • They should make an anniversary gift card book to store these in.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,194
    I always hope I get ones with my main's name and the team. I finally got one from EM Rainstormer to Larisa :) Was happy about that one.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 990
    Not yet, but I'm sure i'll be annoyed next time i log in  I'll have a bunch of items to drop.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,382
    As the years go by they take up more and more space I don’t have to give up in the inventory.  Would not mind getting one a year, but don’t see the point in getting up to six per shard.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,438
    There IS a trash barrel at Luna bank on Atlantic!  
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,269
    Everyone is missing the point that Popps thinks the cards are special and should be kept. 

I can see his point. 

@Kyronix how about some more weps with our character names or random armor pieces with our names? 
  • SmaugSmaug Posts: 6
    No.
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,004
    Urge said:
    Everyone is missing the point that Popps thinks the cards are special and should be kept. 

I can see his point. 

@ Kyronix how about some more weps with our character names or random armor pieces with our names? 
    Yes, that was my point...
  • You know they don't sit around personally crafting all these cards and other holiday spam items, right? They just copy/paste a subroutine and change a couple lines of text.
  • So personal that they forgot to change the 26 to 27 when it was on test center. Literarily Ctrl C, Ctrl V. Keep them if you want, but why do you care so much what other people are doing?
    We're all attached to different things in this game or we wouldn't still be playing for so long. 

Let the little dude have his thing. 

+1 for a no item count card holder
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 173
    Urge said:
    We're all attached to different things in this game or we wouldn't still be playing for so long. 

I logged onto uo.com forums five times just to say yes to this comment. 
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • PsycoderPsycoder Posts: 26
    edited October 4
    I logged onto uo.com forums five times just to say yes to this comment. 
    Those are rookie numbers you gotta pump those numbers up

• Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 270
    Urge said:

Thumbs down to wasting even one second of dev time on this completely stupid non-issue.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    edited October 4
    Urge said:

Thumbs down to wasting even one second of dev time on this completely stupid non-issue.
    I mean we can waste our time to farm a bone container, from our personal character bones..

How hard would it be to make a book of bod version for the personal cards and notes with these, if the name match?

Imagine how cool it would be.. even if personally i would keep deleting those cards.. i'd find that very cool if someone that kept those cards since X years would own a his personal character bones container with a tons of peronal cards & notes in it that take minimal rooms in his house storage.

Will I use that? no.. would it be cool for the collector on UO (god knows they're legion) yes!

Edit: as for Popps.. the first thing I did with the very disapointing anniversary reward.. was to line up 14 of the cards at luna bank.. Then I question myself do I keep the bags?
    Yes.. i consider keeping the bags and disregarded the "personally written" cards.. I could have drop them both in the trash can for 0 cleaning point.. but they both ended up on the floor to show my discontent.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • REDFIVEREDFIVE Posts: 8
    I join weeks before event and never getted it, very sad for me
    KroDuK said:

Imagine how cool it would be..

Acting like the junk items that get spammed at us by a server script on holidays are personally meaningful messages from the developers that shouldn't be thrown away amounts to brain damage.
    Who cares how it looks. 

You throw them away. I throw them away. Hundreds of people throw them away.

Someone out there is keeping stuff with their char names. Let em do their thing. Quit being a dk
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    Urge said:
    Who cares how it looks. 

Someone out there is keeping stuff with their char names. Let em do their thing. Quit being a dk
    Nothing is stopping the OP from keeping his.

Sounds like he wants to keep the ones on the ground and not take storage space.

I only keep a few with names I like, if I get any. The rest get dropped on the ground.

Just like in life, you have to decide what you want to keep.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Urge said:
    Who cares how it looks. 

Being upset that people are throwing them on the ground is stupid, and asking the developers to waste even one second of their time addressing this complete non-problem is even worse. If you don't like hearing that, go find a different thread to post in.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    edited October 5
    Pawain said:
    Sounds like he wants to keep the ones on the ground and not take storage space.
    Reading people not your strong point.

It clearly feel bad when you collect something like a thank you note from the dev team with your personal name.. then you teleport at the bank and see all this stuff on the ground.. must clearly not feel good.

Wich is why I line them up at luna bank (high traffic area)  >:)

If we had what he's asking for, for free.. no reason to not keep them notes, right?
    The OP just underestimate how much of an asshole we can be.. I would still discard them the same way when i'm unhappy with the rewards cuz I know it hurt certain person feeling (on the other side of my spectrum) wich make us agree on something; do better with your anniversary reward ;)

PS: when i'm pleased with the reward i won't travel to Brit or Luna bank to discard them.. i'm just too excited to log on the next character, to end up discarding them in the house.

@Lord_Nythrax we 100% agree but I'm part of his problem.. I can't really twist the knife.
    The OP is just more respectful than we are  ;)

REDFIVE said:
    I join weeks before event and never getted it, very sad for me
    I'Ve seen multiple answer to your problem.. I've never seen this kind of bug.. I tend to believe the problem is in front the screen.. u have till like nov 1st 2024 to receive the purple bag with the card and the token.. your character need to be 30 days old and you need an active subscription.. give us a screenshot of a single character with a 2months old notice at this point.. cuz no one around here thinks it's a bug.

Just for the context.. these guy at BS make the event long enough so u can legit.. receive a 27th bag, delete all your characters on every single shards, make new one and receive a second one.. never seen a single user having any issues related to that. (BS are pro exploit)
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    If I had a book like this, I would still toss the cards on the ground unless they had 2 names I wanted.

Happy Anniv "one"  From "whoever" is going on the ground, and that's how most of my toons are named.

We have books to hold Non deco items, like Power, blue, and pink scrolls.  So, far unless I and not thinking of something, there are no deco reducer containers.

If the devs want to make one, that's fine.  What about my crates of all the other deco items from events.  Can I get a lepidopterarium to make 125 butterflies count as one?  I'd rather have that if they are making deco containers.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,004
    edited 8:41AM
    Pawain said:
    If I had a book like this, I would still toss the cards on the ground unless they had 2 names I wanted.

Happy Anniv "one"  From "whoever" is going on the ground, and that's how most of my toons are named.

We have books to hold Non deco items, like Power, blue, and pink scrolls.  So, far unless I and not thinking of something, there are no deco reducer containers.

If the devs want to make one, that's fine.  What about my crates of all the other deco items from events.  Can I get a lepidopterarium to make 125 butterflies count as one?  I'd rather have that if they are making deco containers.
    Can I get a lepidopterarium to make 125 butterflies count as one?  I'd rather have that if they are making deco containers.

To my opinion, Personally Written Anniversary cards cannot be treated as a "regular" item like, for example, butterflies might be.

While I agree that it would be nice to also have a lepidopterarium to hold a collection of butterflies without being so much a strain to storage space as they are now where one butterfly takes 1 item count space (but I also would like to see a Weapons Rack container to hold multiple weapons and an Armoire to hold Armor andvcounting as 1 item, for that matter...), the way I see it, Personally Written Anniversary cards are not items like all others since they come from individual Developers to players and do not really have a use in the game other then to be kept by the player who received them (one could trade/sell/gift butterflies or other items with fellow UO players but personally given Anniversary cards ?) .

Sure, some players do not care and have no interest in keeping them and so, they discard them, yet, I imagine that in Ultima Online there might be other players who, instead, may have the desire to keep them.

Yet, because of the ever (stressing) difficulty to have to deal with items count and lockdowns, the players who might have interest in keeping them might face a hard choice to either keep the Anniversary cards that only interest to them or items which they might be able to trade/gift with other fellow players since they have no room for both.

I question why some UO players should be forced to have to decide to either discard the Anniversary cards or valuable items which they also might want to keep, when the making of Anniversary cards could be make to have no (or very very little) impact on their storage space by either creating the Personally Written Anniversary cards have "zero" item count, or design a container that was to hold a large number of them (500 ?) and only count as 1 item.

EMs, Developers and other professionals who have helped Ultima Online grow over these many years come and go, they made, make and are the history of this game that we play... to my opinion, keeping the Anniversary cards which they, over the years, gave to players at UO Anniversaries also contribute to tell the History of Ultima Online... but why does it need to be made a hard choice for UO players to want to keep their Personally Written Anniversary cards, when they add up over time thus putting a strain on their storage space ?

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,052
    Pawain said:
    *snip*If the devs want to make one, that's fine.  What about my crates of all the other deco items from events.  Can I get a lepidopterarium to make 125 butterflies count as one?  I'd rather have that if they are making deco containers.*snip*
    That'd be cool if they want to make that and other things, but make a 1st year Vet reward pick.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,052
    popps said:
    *snip* Yet, because of the ever (stressing) difficulty to have to deal with items count and lockdowns, *snip*

If a player is getting stressed about anything in this game, then they have missed the ENTIRE point of it. This game should be an escape for a period of time to have some fun. If it has become anything else, moving on may be in order. Never let a hobby or entertainment cause you anything but enjoyment. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo