crafted walls

I crafted a bunch of granite walls and they poofed. I placed, double clicked and said i wish to lock this down. What did i do wrong?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    Even if done wrong if locked down shouldn't they stay? Maybe add a you can not lock this down message 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,269
    McDougle said:
    Even if done wrong if locked down shouldn't they stay? Maybe add a you can not lock this down message 

That was what I was thinking. Not sure why they would poof if locked down.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,152Moderator
    where were you placing them? if too high they may be in the house's storage crate.
    It's not a huge deal. I was doing simple 8 tile long straight line walls in the first floor of Robin's Nest keep to place more fire paintings. Origin shard.

I double clicked each one and said i wish to lock this down. I triple checked that each one said locked down and none had the yellowish tint (might be my color setting) to indicate they weren't locked. I left town for work Mon night, returned yesterday to find naked fire paintings and no wall tiles.

Again, it's not a huge deal. It just doesn't make sense saying i wish to lock this down would actually unlock them without giving the default off color indicator that they aren't locked. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    Urge said:
    It's not a huge deal. I was doing simple 8 tile long straight line walls in the first floor of Robin's Nest keep to place more fire paintings. Origin shard.

I double clicked each one and said i wish to lock this down. I triple checked that each one said locked down and none had the yellowish tint (might be my color setting) to indicate they weren't locked. I left town for work Mon night, returned yesterday to find naked fire paintings and no wall tiles.

Again, it's not a huge deal. It just doesn't make sense saying i wish to lock this down would actually unlock them without giving the default off color indicator that they aren't locked. 
    There are some spots in that keep that won't let a wall lock correctly. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:

There are some spots in that keep that won't let a wall lock correctly. 
    Seems like something worthy of a hotfix...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,194
    If you lock them down, they disappear, even if you double click them first. They do not lock down, as someone said earlier, they work just like carpet pieces. Just double click, do not lock down.

It's like one cancels out the other and they will decay. Nothing that needs to be fixed, just have to use them properly.

The only thing you HAVE to lock down, is the stone door, because if you double click it, it just opens and closes :)

Larisa said:
    Nothing that needs to be fixed, just have to use them properly.
    That stung. I haven't had an operator error in a good while. lol. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,194
    LOL sorry, didn't mean that in a bad way Urge! I have done some pretty silly things...like trying to double click the door and wondering why it wasn't working ;) lol.