What is your least favorite dungeon?

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    Despite return it to old glory same with blackthorns 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Despise used to be the best dungeon for anyone actually training a new character through gameplay. Turning it into that stupid mini-game nobody likes amounted to vandalism of the game.
    McDougle said:
    Despite return it to old glory same with blackthorns 
    Yes I meant Despise!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    The old Covetous.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,433
    edited September 18
    Everything in Illshenar, Tokuno, Malas, Trammel.
    Difficult to get to, and Trammel rulesets.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,052
    edited September 18
    The new Despise
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 100
    I'm going to say the New Despise in Trammel. Not a fan of that one.
  • Yes, Trammel Despise. The new version is not an improvement over the old, IMO. No offense to the people who worked hard to reimagine it, but I'd rather see the devs do a total CTRL-Z
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 352
    The new Despise (it's not that new anymore lol).  I gm'd a lot of characters years ago by fighting in the original Despise.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,416
    Tram Despise, put it back
    Let's hope the developers listen..
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,438
    I have to go with the majority here, Tram Despise. It took a while to get the hang of the mechanics of it, and while I don't really mind them, and can do them, it's not something you can solo and next to impossible to find anyone willing to do it with you. The place is deserted and likely to remain so.
  • So it's kind of unusual to have these community fluff threads solicit negative feedback. I remember one a couple weeks ago asked our least favorite skill to train. Personally I looked at that and figured, hey they know skill gain sucks in this game, they changed it a lot in New Legacy, they must be thinking about changing it on the standard shards as well. Fair enough.

How about this one? Why are you guys asking our most disliked dungeon? Is there a chance you're actually going to change something at some point? If I really want to put on my tinfoil hat, I can interpret the thread about Shadowguard rooms as soliciting input on what kind of mechanics we like, and this one looking for ideas of where to put them.
  • HigomHigom Posts: 1
    wrong
  • BenBen Posts: 246
    I suppose the new Despise. I spent a lot of time building up skills there in the early days around 2001 to 2004. When I returned to the game in 2019 I did not recognize the place except in the Felucca facet. Guess nostalgia has a hold on me. When I have the time maybe I will give it another try.
  • New Despise is one of my favourites its a fun little mini game that isn't offered anywhere else.
    Least Fav.... hmmm probably Destard that place really could use an update.
  • New Despise with the mini-game.

I note that the answers in this thread display a shocking amount of unanimity. I note further that this unanimity is reflected in how comparatively few people actually visit this dungeon.

Please bring back old Despise and put the rewards someplace else.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 271
    edited September 25

Please bring back old Despise and put the rewards someplace else.

Somewhere like the Void Pool, which was actually kind of fun during the hat collecting event, but brutally pointless the rest of the time.