October events?

they already said they would be doin a ToT event and course, skeletons and pumpkins...ect, we 20 days out from October any updates on that yet?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    I think the October stuff starts automatically.  

Maybe the next newsletter will give us some hints if there are new items or what the Event will be.
     >:) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I am sure that big red button will be pressed soon, you know, the one that just fires up all the old crap from the last few years to hide the fact that the dev's have dropped the production ball and are desperately adding to the legacy nobody wants........

100% neglecting production

I suppose they might have another dojo event to dilute the splintering weapon multi boxers so they wont have to take action  only been 10 years, how many splintering weapon to the RMT sellers need anyway? can't believe there is even a market for them no days...........

I am sure a lazy dynamic dungeon event with tired old items will be recycled for another year

Oh, and another house deco bore fest and don't forget Krampus, he is just around the corner so you can get the crappy costume as a booby prize. 

cant wait

Remember the days of expansions and boosters?  yep, you guessed it, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
  • GarretGarret Posts: 160
    I am sure that big red button will be pressed soon, you know, the one that just fires up all the old crap from the last few years to hide the fact that the dev's have dropped the production ball and are desperately adding to the legacy nobody wants........

I suppose they might have another dojo event to dilute the splintering weapon multi boxers so they wont have to take action  only been 10 years, how many splintering weapon to the RMT sellers need anyway? can't believe there is even a market for them no days...........

I am sure a lazy dynamic dungeon event with tired old items will be recycled for another year

Oh, and another house deco bore fest and don't forget Krampus, he is just around the corner so you can get the crappy costume as a booby prize. 

cant wait

Remember the days of expansions and boosters?  yep, you guessed it, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
      Let's be honest, everyone who whines about retail servers in 90% of cases is either bots who are worried about their farms or RMT or completely ossified old players who don't care about the game at all and they sit and languish over their "riches" and they are all just afraid of it all lose.
      Retail is a living museum that should have been wiped out 10 years ago and started a new legacy from there, but for various reasons this did not happen, I think that then the developers were under the delusion that something else could be fixed, but in fact they felt sorry for a bunch of vain people and toxic players which was a mistake.
      We have a unique opportunity to participate in a new round of game development, and not use endless TOT events and leave this old museum for those who really want to stay in it.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    The developers could just communicate here ..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
      Yes, this is true, but I can guess why this does not happen. It is impossible to be constructive on this forum, in this game and in this community, when I came to the game I thought I would see an incredibly close-knit friendly team of players, but I saw mostly constantly arguing, toxic old farts who can never be pleased.
      Even a community manager won't help here...
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,969
    The communication can be one sided posted like any other announcements khaldun opens on xx date trick or treat on etc it's not unreasonable or difficult 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Garret said:

either bots who are worried about their farms or RMT or completely ossified old players who don't care about the game at all and they sit and languish over their "riches" and they are all just afraid of it all lose.

That's a funny way of saying "the entire playerbase of this game except for literally maybe like three fanboys on the official forum who are actually excited about this Baby's First Freeshard that Broadsword squandered four years of dev resources on."
    Garret said:

either bots who are worried about their farms or RMT or completely ossified old players who don't care about the game at all and they sit and languish over their "riches" and they are all just afraid of it all lose.

That's a funny way of saying "the entire playerbase of this game except for literally maybe like three fanboys on the official forum who are actually excited about this Baby's First Freeshard that Broadsword squandered four years of dev resources on."
    Well, yes, it’s possible, and if this is so, then in any case, all this needs a good shake-up, because we have a choice either to continue to stagnate or to try something new, I am for the second option.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 216
    man this forum has become as toxic as Atlantic, its why i dont play there anymore, was just asking for an update on Halloween events, even if it is recycled stuff from years past i still have fun doing it.
    Whitewolf said:
    man this forum has become as toxic as Atlantic, its why i dont play there anymore, was just asking for an update on Halloween events, even if it is recycled stuff from years past i still have fun doing it.
    I mean we play a game where we either play dollhouse or kill stuff.  By their definition, we have been getting recycled stuff since 97.

I am also up for whatever.  I still don't have all the ToT stuff or Krampus items.

I do hope the event vendor has double deco choices since the last one had none.
  • I am sure that big red button will be pressed soon, you know, the one that just fires up all the old crap from the last few years to hide the fact that the dev's have dropped the production ball and are desperately adding to the legacy nobody wants........

cant wait

why you dont leave the game,beleive me you wont be miss on forum. bashing on everything they do.
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 51
    edited September 11
    Looking forward to October events!

I completely understand and respect those interested in New Legacy. However, very few games have such a long history as the UO shards have... Wiping them, at any point, would be a mistake.

This collection of experiences and memories is what keeps a lot of players here, and also the reason why many others keep coming back to this game. 
    Aenvar said:
    Looking forward to October events!

I completely understand and respect those interested in New Legacy. However, very few games have such a long history as the UO shards have... Wiping them, at any point, would be a mistake.

This collection of experiences and memories is what keeps a lot of players here, and also the reason why many others keep coming back to this game. 
    Yup, some UO players have grown up with this game, some have grown old.

We like our stuff, and our stuff will stay.

NL gives us a way to add some competition to the game.  To see how quickly we can achieve a goal compared to others.  Then when it is wiped we can do it again.  Hundreds of thousands of game players love this type of seasonal play.  I am never on the leaderboards but I do love to try to be.

We get that and the permanence of UO. 
  • HippoHippo Posts: 297
    Whitewolf said:
    I'm ready to enjoy whatever comes our way in October as well! Usually there is an ongoing event, new pumpkins to carve, skeletons with new hues and Trick-or-Treat - it may be old hat but so players have choices on what to do. However, I will not bother doing T-or-T if there is no new rewards this years.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 975
    edited September 14
    creampie said:
    I am sure that big red button will be pressed soon, you know, the one that just fires up all the old crap from the last few years to hide the fact that the dev's have dropped the production ball and are desperately adding to the legacy nobody wants........

cant wait

why you dont leave the game,beleive me you wont be miss on forum. bashing on everything they do.
    And who are you exactly?  been here 5 mins by the look of it

2022 you joined? so I assume a banned acct snuck back in?

• OreoglOreogl Posts: 382
    I’m also looking forward to the October events. 
    Even looking forward to see if / what we get for Anniversary gifts in a week.

I’ve been playing casually but am starting to get in a lull.  Made some spellbooks for the vendor last night, and that is one of the worst tasks in the game.  I’m hoping that option gets added to the pen of wisdom or something.