A Cheap Treasure Hunter

PriamPriam Posts: 44
edited July 31 in Skills and Stats
I have too many characters doing too many things. I would like to make a Treasure Hunter to do chests, but I don't want to spend a ton of time making him. For example making a Tamer Hunter would be rough. Even though I have a character with 85 Tame/Lore and Vet. What could I make relatively quick that could do low to mid-range chests.

I have:

Cartography 0/100 so far
Lockpicking 100
Remove Trap 0/100 so far
Magery 110
Meditation 110
Eval Int 110
- spot for one more skill (Fishing maybe? I do have 100).

Anything is up for change. I can take Magery down, I can move things around to make the character work. I am looking to do as high a level chest as I can. But if I am limited to level 3 or so, that's fine.

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,387
    edited July 31
    Least amount of work.  Add resist spells at 110.  Reduce lock picking or remove trap to 90.  See no difference between 90 and 100 in ether skill on my guy.  Get dragon slayer, demon slayer, and blood, poison, fire, air elemental slayers, an undead slayer, and a spider slayer.  You can then do any chest in Trammel, Felcucca and Malas.  Dragons and upper level bovine characters will take awhile.   Take monsters on one at a time.  My treasure hunter has magery and eval at 120, remove trap at 90 and all other skills at 100 and he can solo any chest in those three areas.  That is pretty close to what you would have with most skills at 110.  Cache chests and below would be easy once you learn how to do them.
  • PriamPriam Posts: 44
    edited July 31
    Thank you Arnold7 for the input. Things have changed since I played and I am trying to learn from others. Thanks
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,036
    Taming 120
    Animal lore 120
    Vet 90
    Cart 100
    Remove trap 100
    Lock pick 100
    Magery 90
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,036
    McDougle said:
    Taming 120
    Animal lore 120
    Vet 90
    Cart 100
    Remove trap 100
    Lock pick 100
    Magery 90
    Can solo all maps
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,440
    My treasure hunter is a mystic spellweaver, you can see how well she does on maps here