Ultima Online: New Legacy Beta

13»

Comments

• EgglettEgglett Posts: 9
    Turned off pc for a few mins and then re-tried File check and it has now worked this was on the 3rd try...
  • FortisFortis Posts: 411
    @kyronix ;  good luck killing a rat 1 minute respawn way to many people there and need to kill 10 so i got one in 30 minutes presently some much fun gameplay....the quest asking 10 rats to progress in cellar

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,410
    In case it helps anyone, I am in now - I had to exclude this from my firewall to let it in.
    I could log into all my characters, in Classic Client, except for my Wraith character.
    Once I had let this file through, I could also log into Wraith, so Classic is up and running for me.

• deaditedeadite Posts: 6
    Doing a Full File Check in the EC before it started patching worked for me.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 963
    edited July 26
    just beware, if using Pinco's and in the frustration caused by yet another update abortion, DO NOT CLICK DEFAULT UI in the hope of getting it to work. It will destroy ALL your profiles and reset them. What a stupid thing the Pinco has NOT blocked out when using his UI.  Thanks Pinco. Awesome. And he is supposed to be clever and leaves this in.  Sod this,  good luck with NL. I cant be arsed to redo 21 profiles due to his neglect and lack of care
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    can you not re-select Pinco's and get all your settings back?
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 963
    Mariah said:
    can you not re-select Pinco's and get all your settings back?
    nope. damage done by trying to use default   it resets your chars when you load them in.  The most stupid thing I have seen for a while. Imagine being so clever but allow your UI to be destroyed without making that impossible. Neglect from Pinco's. And this is a known issue he has not addressed on his UI
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    How do I become a Blacksmith/Tailor/Miner/LJ
  • FenFen Posts: 31
    Is there a place where we can ask questions about NL??  I am having trouble understanding how the rewards for skill gain quests work.

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 512
    edited July 27
    Fen said:
    Is there a place where we can ask questions about NL??  I am having trouble understanding how the rewards for skill gain quests work.

Not sure about CC, but in EC you have a Collect Rewards button.  This button pulls up your quests and the ones completed have "Collect" underneath.  Clicking that gives you the skills automatically if it was a quest that gives them.  Most of the quests just seem to give gold and that results in a message that says it's deposited in your bank.

Quests do not automatically give you the rewards as you go.  You have to click that collect button.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851
    Had a blast. 

I found the skills quest timer from bulletin board a bit confusing. I kept getting the message that I’d timed out but still had plenty of time on the clock. I guess you get that message if you move out of range of the task? But you don’t really know you’ve moved out of range. I didn’t know anyway. How can I be out of range to kill imps in the maze if there are imps to kill nearby and I’m inside the maze? That was confusing. 

Also the 20 minute timer between picking up a new skill quest is a bummer. That’s too long. What’s the point of the wait? Why not let us complete a quest and go on to the next one? 

Assigning points you gain was a big surprise! lol I saw I had 80 points! But then when i distributed them it turned out it was actually 8 points! Rats!

Getting the quest window to pop up near npc stalled quite a few times. Seemed like you had to walk a screen away and walk back again in some cases. In other instances it seemed like you had to wait awhile for it to kick in. I figured it might be due to the amount of traffic. 

I thought it was a lot of fun and all in all I thought things went quite smoothly. Looking forward to playing again tomorrow. 
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 512
     I wish I had got a quest to go to the Imps in the maze.  Mine sent me to Deceit.  I was lucky to get out with my stuff. 
    edited July 27
    So witch thread do we post our likes and dislikes in?  @Community Manager  @Kyronix @Bleak there are so many of them or maybe they should start a new thread for feedback.
  • usernameusername Posts: 780
    edited July 27
    Logged in and had to run for 5 minutes to even get to the town, yea pass. The moongate doesn't even work??
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    LOL 5 min more like 30 sec but we all know you do not like NL so why did you even try it?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,164Dev
    So which thread do we post our likes and dislikes in?  @ "Community Manager"  @ Kyronix @ Bleak there are so many of them or maybe they should start a new thread for feedback.
    You can feel free to start one, or if you’d like you can email us uo@broadsword.com
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 855
    edited July 27
    just beware, if using Pinco's and in the frustration caused by yet another update abortion, DO NOT CLICK DEFAULT UI in the hope of getting it to work. It will destroy ALL your profiles and reset them. What a stupid thing the Pinco has NOT blocked out when using his UI.  Thanks Pinco. Awesome. And he is supposed to be clever and leaves this in.  Sod this,  good luck with NL. I cant be arsed to redo 21 profiles due to his neglect and lack of care

Probably a good lesson / points here:
    1. Backup your profile directory frequently, whether it's CC, EC, EC w/Pinco.
    2. It appears there are some changes with this EC download, related to the LUA UI code.  I see various issues, such as the rewards gump being garbled, and the player backpack not being visible.  That implies some of the chagnes I have need to be integrated to the broadsword updates. Pinco may need to do something similiar.
    3. I deleted AnimationFrame4.uop, and re-ran the patch.  That addressed the patching issue.
    4. People needing to disable anti-virus, that seems very strange...
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,836
    edited July 27
    @ForeverFun ; The following source files changed between the 2024-04-17 patch and the 2024-07-24 patch.

.\source\buffdebuffwindow.lua
    .\source\compass.lua
    .\source\containersinfo.lua
    .\source\containerwindow.lua
    .\source\contextmenu.lua
    .\source\contextmenu.xml
    .\source\genericgump.xml
    .\source\mapcommon.lua
    .\source\mapfind.lua
    .\source\mapwindow.lua
    .\source\mobilehealthbar.lua
    .\source\shopkeeper.lua
    .\source\skillswindow.lua
    .\source\waypoints.lua
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612

Item ID everything!

We have 100 Item ID even tho it says 0, for this testing.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 224Dev
    New Legacy Beta Weekend #2 opens tomorrow, 8/2!!
    Also be sure to check out the Dev Diaries here!
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

• MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 102
    edited August 1
    New Legacy Beta Weekend #2 opens tomorrow, 8/2!!
    Also be sure to check out the Dev Diaries here!

Reddit also has a thread up regarding any feedback on Weekend 2 open beta

• OreoglOreogl Posts: 369
    Pawain said:

Item ID everything!

We have 100 Item ID even tho it says 0, for this testing.

This is good to know, thanks for the heads up!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    It actually says that in the FAQ. I read it. It's under the heading Looting & Equipment