3rd party programs

ActionAction Posts: 2
edited July 23 in General Discussions
What clients are legal and illegal? The obvious one is **** but what about like ***, *** or ***? Are these illegal or legal programs to use? Or are we supposed to just use CC and EC? I hope that’s not the case because the CC is absolutely horrible in so many ways. It’s so outdated reminds me of a flip phone. But anyways I just don’t wanna get ban for using a wrong client. Thanks for the advice in advance! 

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    I have removed the names of the programs, I'm afraid that's not allowed on these boards.
    There are no other legal clients except CC and EC. 
    There are some legal 'add ons', uoassist, uoam and uo mapper. 
    Player written UIs are allowed in EC, you can write your own if your coding ability is upto it. The documentation for it is in the UO folder, however most people who use a player made UI use the one made by Pinco.
  • ActionAction Posts: 2
    Ok perfect. Thank you for informing me! I didn’t know. I was just curious is those that I named were all illegal or some were legal. 
    I only removed the names of unapproved programs :D
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • warrawarra Posts: 26
    Just want to confirm Pinco UI is fine to use right?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    I understand that Mesanna uses razor does that mean it's legal? This is why we need an actual developer to post a list that's up to date..
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    Grimbeard said:
    I understand that Mesanna uses razor does that mean it's legal? This is why we need an actual developer to post a list that's up to date..
    And how do you know she uses Razor, do you have a secret cameras hidden in her office/game room?
    Grimbeard said:
    And how do you know she uses Razor, do you have a secret cameras hidden in her office/game room?
    She's said so
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 512
    It's okay for developers to use tools players don't use.  We are interacting with the game in different ways.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
     :D 
    warra said:

Anyone can make their own UI for EC, the documentation is included in the client download. I have one myself, although mine is very limited. It's just that Pinco was so good at writing one, and he made it available for others to download, so his became widely used. Several other players have their own UI but keep them solely for their own use.

Mariah said:
    warra said:

Anyone can make their own UI for EC, the documentation is included in the client download. I have one myself, although mine is very limited. It's just that Pinco was so good at writing one, and he made it available for others to download, so his became widely used. Several other players have their own UI but keep them solely for their own use.

You didn't delete my mention of razor do we assume that means it's legal? 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    edited July 24

Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    She's said so
      She said she uses UOLoop (basically presses a key, with a set timer, to repeat macros), never heard anyone say she said she uses r*z*r. but it's possible.

Edit- which may or may not mean it's legal..  I'd be fine if it weren't.  but I do still use it from time to time.
    for crafting repair deeds for the ol repair bench, and of course to train certain skills.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    The only authorized add ons, to the best of my knowledge, are the ones I listed earlier. That does not include the program you named, @Grimbeard ,  however I wonder if you have mistaken the claim for someone saying they use Razer, which is not the same thing at all.
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 102
    edited July 25
    Mariah said:
    I have removed the names of the programs, I'm afraid that's not allowed on these boards.
    There are no other legal clients except CC and EC. 
    There are some legal 'add ons', uoassist, uoam and uo mapper. 
    Player written UIs are allowed in EC, you can write your own if your coding ability is upto it. The documentation for it is in the UO folder, however most people who use a player made UI use the one made by Pinco.
    Okay, so we know which ones are legal and which ones are not.

However, let's say we are using a client just to play the game at a higher resolution or 30-60fps (not EC).

Is this going to be detected by the new patch and a bannable offense?
    Mariah said:
    The only authorized add ons, to the best of my knowledge, are the ones I listed earlier. That does not include the program you named, @ Grimbeard ,  however I wonder if you have mistaken the claim for someone saying they use Razer, which is not the same thing at all.
    So is Razer legal? Might you ask the team why they can't just post an updated official list?
    Razer is a gaming mouse, so yes, that's legal.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    Mariah said:
    Razer is a gaming mouse, so yes, that's legal.
    And keyboards and game pads.  Some have built in pads for your hand posture.

But I think there is a cheat program with the same name or different spelling.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Yes @Pawain if you spell it with an o instead of an e, it's an unauthorized add on.
  • CorkCork Posts: 5
    edited July 27
    Mariah said:
    They did a horrendous job with the documentation for customizing the EC. Not surprising though. At least they are consistent.