Ultima Online : New Legacy Gameplay Trailer

We invite you to take a first look at gameplay from Ultima Online: New Legacy.
What will be your Legacy?
Watch the video here:

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Tagged:

Comments

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 269
    Ok but what about the NDA can we talk about this shit yet?
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 402
    shouldnt it be called Old Legacy by now?
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 402
    they really need to accept apps for longer.  i never even saw it, closed in less than a week im sure people with 10-20 accounts signed up a bunch of times
  • looploop Posts: 372
    Looks like a fun take on UO and am looking forward to trying it. I hope it’s successful and serves as a proving ground for systems that can be introduced to production servers without the burden of disrupting the 25+ year status quo.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,164Dev
    Smoot said:
    they really need to accept apps for longer.  i never even saw it, closed in less than a week im sure people with 10-20 accounts signed up a bunch of times

There is a cap on the number of survey results that we can accept, and we hit that cap in just a few short days.  Rest assured you will get your chance to forge your legacy.  :)
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 102
    This, actually, looks really entertaining! Not at all what I was expecting out of New Legacy, but it looks better than I thought. Nice work on the trailer, pretty excited to jump in when the beta start.

When do you think that'll happen, the beta?

Can't wait!
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 963
    enhanced client? you know, the one that is supposed to modernise this game?

My GTX 4090 wants to be challenged by something other than Star Citizen
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    If third-party clients can connect to NL, that's going to determine whether or not I even try it.
    unfortunately, my expectation is incredibly low.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 91
    CovenantX said:
    If third-party clients can connect to NL, that's going to determine whether or not I even try it.

it s been a long time ( many years ) we see your same barking shit and you still here...feel free to leave instead of polluting each threads .
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    Nice.  Gonna be a different game.  Not as sandbox.  

I can see why it took a long time to redo everything. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    enhanced client? you know, the one that is supposed to modernise this game?

My GTX 4090 wants to be challenged by something other than Star Citizen
    Enhanced Client can be used on NL. It doesn’t feature in the trailer probably because it’s ugly and doesn’t resonate with people. In software terms, EC is just as ancient as the CC. Comments in its UI code go back to 2007, for example.

With NL, they appear to have built in quality of life mechanics which will reduce the need for third-party automation — like the automatic harvesting of resources.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Pawain said:

It's slightly disturbing that all the skills not ready yet
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

We are not going to have as many skills, that and the skill gain systems means we may not be able to have hybrid templates.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 461
    I LOVED the trailer, nicely done and applause to the Devs... it strikes the right chords in my heart! 
  • Nice look - lots of positive comments on the Youtube video - reminds me of Ultima 6 - not sure I can get used to the small window again - I wonder if there will be a zoom out option?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

We are not going to have as many skills, that and the skill gain systems means we may not be able to have hybrid templates.
    Bard and tamer not ready seems troubling 
    edited July 19
    creampie said:
    CovenantX said:

it s been a long time ( many years ) we see your same barking shit and you still here...feel free to leave instead of polluting each threads .
       polluting threads?   if it wasn't an issue, I wouldn't bring it up...   you got a problem?

Either someone in charge needs to do something about it, or publicly announce it's ok to use Or**n client (and other lesser, but still 'illegal' clients/assistants).   

Edit: I'm likely going to be here until the end (which I've said a few times before, the smart people quit long ago, they don't tolerate this inaction), but the end is going to be sooner rather than later if nothing is done to solve this game-breaking problem.  

I literally only play UO for pvp, and pvp is absolute garbage compared to what it was just a few short years ago, for the last ~5 years, it's progressively been getting worse with more people flocking to the client(s) in question.   
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659

Archangel said:
    I LOVED the trailer, nicely done and applause to the Devs... it strikes the right chords in my heart! 
      I do agree with this, the trailer does do a good job at building it up...

I do wonder if you still gain skills passively by usage (didn't seem to in the trailer), in addition to the 'objective' spikes (which in the trailer, seemed to be 30.0)  I also wonder if there's a variety of quests for characters in roughly equal skill levels, so that everyone training say' a "warrior" wouldn't be all doing the same quest-objectives for skill progression, as everyone else at the same time.

-I have not done any testing with NL, so I only know what we've read & saw publicly thus far.

ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 233
    edited July 19
    I can't believe they let their actual commercial game languish as essentially abandonware for several years just to put out baby's first freeshard with some very basic K10R tutorial quests, half the interesting skills removed, and some appallingly ugly portraits. Oh and it all resets periodically.

Maybe this is meant as an introductory shard for newbies who would otherwise sign up, walk around Haven on Catskills or something, never see a sign of life, and sign off permanently. I guess that makes sense. Shame they couldn't find time to maintain an acceptable client while they were at it. I've never even heard of a game still in retail release losing control of client distribution the way this one has.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 212
    well you be able to play it in EC, if not thats a deal breaker for me, will PVP be optional or forced on you? and as far as pvp goes is there anything in place to prevent people from using all the third party programs and scripts they use now?

• AenvarAenvar Posts: 50
    The 'classic Ultima' feel looks very nice. The only problem for me is, I'm not excited about starting from scratch. 
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 269
    edited July 19
    CovenantX said:

Archangel said:
      I do agree with this, the trailer does do a good job at building it up...

I do wonder if you still gain skills passively by usage (didn't seem to in the trailer), in addition to the 'objective' spikes (which in the trailer, seemed to be 30.0)  I also wonder if there's a variety of quests for characters in roughly equal skill levels, so that everyone training say' a "warrior" wouldn't be all doing the same quest-objectives for skill progression, as everyone else at the same time.

-I have not done any testing with NL, so I only know what we've read & saw publicly thus far.

The trailer went over that. You gain skill by doing quests not passively.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 574
    Lol, the "Rats in a Cellar" part reminded me of the Rat Basement quest in Baldur's Gate 1's Candlekeep.
    How many chars are you allowed to have in New Legacy?
  • GarretGarret Posts: 136
    Well, im very disapointed for "gamplay trailer" we have 0 high end activities in video, don't we have any new content ? or new starting quests is all we have for new gamplay ? Im pretty sure u have to put all tipes of new content atleast 1 screen shot for " gameplay trailer"...

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 321
    Hmmmm,

I don't think this is for me. I don't like the story driven approach to MMOs. I like the open world more. But, I can see that a lot of people will like it. 

Also, I could see in the video that even some small tasks, such as item identification, require multiple clicks, drag and drops. I hope they improved the macro system, otherwise lots of people will be getting carpal tunnel syndrome out of this.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 321
    Lol, the "Rats in a Cellar" part reminded me of the Rat Basement quest in Baldur's Gate 1's Candlekeep.
    How many chars are you allowed to have in New Legacy?
    I think either rats or spiders were the first quest in Bard's Tale as well.
  • DcBarnumDcBarnum Posts: 16
    edited July 19
    Very dissapointed in this trailer.

This has the look and gameplay of a free to play game on a phone. Daily quests, limited initial game play, directional game quests, missing playable characters, rewards based on days in game. 
    edited July 19
    Whitewolf said:
    well you be able to play it in EC, if not thats a deal breaker for me, will PVP be optional or forced on you? and as far as pvp goes is there anything in place to prevent people from using all the third party programs and scripts they use now?

You can use EC. I gather that PVP is restricted to some extent. I doubt they’ll be preventing folks from using third party clients. Too many people use them, and the clients provide too much quality of life. However, the systems showcased allow for less of a need for automation in some areas (skill gain via quests and objectives, auto resource gathering, etc.).
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    Garret said:
    Well, im very disapointed for "gamplay trailer" we have 0 high end activities in video, don't we have any new content ? or new starting quests is all we have for new gamplay ? Im pretty sure u have to put all tipes of new content atleast 1 screen shot for " gameplay trailer"...

We are stepping back in time well before Age of S*** ruined UO (Personal opinion) and they are just showing how everybody starts out.  UO back then was fun to play.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    Whitewolf said:

You will have a PvP switch.