Thank you to the Devs

CookieCookie Posts: 1,409
edited June 11 in General Discussions
I am a very happy mage right now.

Myself, and my 2 sons are about to be playing on identical mages, and damn they look good. :)

What you may or may not realise, is every single part of this Crystal Ball concept, is something I have been asking the Devs, for a long time :)

I asked for Off-Hand mage designs - especially the Crystal Ball, to replace mages having to wear shields.

I asked for the Transmog concept to switch the stats off shields, onto the Orbs.

And I asked for this Parry Mage shield :)

Yes the Devs tweaked my concepts a bit, but they got it right.

And I like the Store grey robe, the runic design on it, looks very cool for a mage.

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,409
    edited June 11
    If I was to be really picky - I'd ask for a Quiver redesign now.
    Having said that, Despicable quiver works in the sense of the +Dex on it - but a Mage design, could have more useful Mage properties. :)

I suppose it looks better than a cloak, also.
    and I would still ask for Earthquake spell - to have a chance to Dismount. :)
    edited June 11
    and I still want a better class of pvp jewel for Mages. :D

(I know you did put a couple in, I will have to re-visit them).

Antique jewels on a pvp mage, completely kills me, I think I am more active than your average player...
    edited June 11
    And I would still like a PvP Offensive spellbook - but interestingly - I would re-visit the properties I put on it.

I thought of something better - because of what you introduced!. :)

{Sparks, instead of Splinter}. - Or, both variations would be even better :D
    But overall, huge thanks to the Devs, I know you have listened to a ton of feedback, and implemented a lot that players ask for - I do notice it all.
    edited June 11
    Cookie said:
    Having said that, Despicable quiver works in the sense of the +Dex on it - but a Mage design, could have more useful Mage properties. :)

This could be designed like a bag carrying scrolls :)

And it could actually carry scrolls :)

{I am possibly the only player left ingame who actually loots mage scrolls - partly for Inscription BoDs, partly because they are mage scrolls, and I cannot stop myself.}
    edited June 11
    And about to be Enhanced, and Transmogged onto my pvm mage - this SDI shield was also one of my concepts, for PvM SDI mages. Again, brilliant, and thank-you.

What I do notice of course, is you guys are quicker, and more confident making PvM adjustments than PvP adjustments - which I do understand.

edited June 11
    I even think the Spellbook Strap was my concept as well haha.

Stop me Devs, if you think I am claiming too much credit   :D

But honestly - credit to the Artists, and Devs for bringing these concepts into game, they are making playability of Mages a lot more fun.

The fact is, I live on Mages, and love them.
    Cookie said:
    And I would still like a PvP Offensive spellbook - but interestingly - I would re-visit the properties I put on it.

You could add my PvP Offensive concept spellbooks - as Inscription BoD rewards :)

Or Event rewards of course.

By the way - I love the current event, and the way it is playing.
    The extended timeframe of it - has taken the pressure off players, so we can do it in our own time, and fit work, exams, life, and other content like PvP in, play the game at a better pace.

It has probably bought you a fair bit of time also - to be coding new stuff in the background - re New Legacy etc.
    Cookie said:
    Cookie said:

{I am possibly the only player left ingame who actually loots mage scrolls - partly for Inscription BoDs, partly because they are mage scrolls, and I cannot stop myself.}
    Or a Bag of Potions!!

That would set people off on one :)
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 269
    Man you are a beast.

Keep fighting the good fight for pure mages everywhere.
    Man you are a beast.

Keep fighting the good fight for pure mages everywhere.

Oh I will, thank you :D

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,727
    Cookie said:
    Cookie said:

You aren't alone... I loot all mage scrolls on the three shards I live on. I do put them in Inscription bods. I also use them to fill spellbooks to put on my vendors because they are always in demand.

I would love to have a scribes bag with weight reduction. These bags could also hold regs too. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,995

Cookie said:
    Cookie said:

You aren't alone... I loot all mage scrolls on the three shards I live on. I do put them in Inscription bods. I also use them to fill spellbooks to put on my vendors because they are always in demand.

I would love to have a scribes bag with weight reduction. These bags could also hold regs too. 
    Absolutely, a scribes' bag with weight reduction would be a woinderful addition !

@Kyronix , do you like the idea ?

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    edited June 14
    Cookie said:

Most of the other stuff seems reasonable, like the bag ideas, there should be bags for crafting/imbuing too weight reduction would make all the difference**, one of the most frustrating/annoying things when imbuing items (by hand ofc) is when you run out of a gem or some other resource, and since you need to carry so many different resources to imbue, you have to restock your pack/sub container to continue and frequently.

Sparks/Splinter spellbooks (though it's not horrible if Parry chance is cut in half for characters with more than 70 magery+Parry, just like Chivalry+Magery Fc)   -but it's super annoying, and it'll get worse with future 'damage over time' effects that can't be removed.   pvp will get stupid real fast.   they need to make spells/weapons do enough damage with auto-attacks/specials, and lay off the hit-spell effects.  no one wants to fight stacked ticking debuffs, it's a f**kton more annoying than it is fun to fight that garbage.

The earthquake dismount thing is a little much though, not a fan of that at all.
    **It's so unfortunate that like 90-95% of the pvpers left in UO are spoiled with illegal clients, cause the feedback they provide in order to fix pvp is flawed heavily, it's very unlikely it's ever actually going to get to a better place unless that changes.   -I'd like to see pvp in UO go without consumables completely for a few months,  then the scripts would have no effect on smaller scale fights, sync-bumps and wall scripts would still benefit the larger groups a lot though.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659