Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,304
    Shard Shields
  • KorikKorik Posts: 15
    Without a doubt top choice Ethies because of how they changed the landscape of PvP.

Runners up:
    • Shard Shields, Because who doesn't want to go afk for a year then come back to hundreds of free transfers.
    • Repair Bench, Easy repairing without having to load up another account is fantastic
    • Spellbook/Runebook straps, These honestly should be craftable with how useful they are. 
    • Auction safe, because who has the time to spam to buy/sell.
    • Crystal Portals are the most convenient way of traveling

Really, most Vet rewards should be Vet exclusive for a year then become craftable/drops thereafter.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,229
    Korik said:
    Without a doubt top choice Ethies because of how they changed the landscape of PvP.

Runners up:
    • Shard Shields, Because who doesn't want to go afk for a year then come back to hundreds of free transfers.
    Really, most Vet rewards should be Vet exclusive for a year then become craftable/drops thereafter.

Agreed on Ethy. Shard shields cap at holding 10. Disagree on the vet rewards. I do think they should have taken the free shard approach and made them monthly. Especially now that they poof at idocs. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,224
    edited May 15
    Tough.

Commodity Deed box

The portals

Ethies 

The Statues

Shard shields

The machines and benches

Storage items

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KorikKorik Posts: 15
    edited May 16
    Urge said:
    Korik said:

Runners up:
     Shard shields cap at holding 10. Disagree on the vet rewards. I do think they should have taken the free shard approach and made them monthly. Especially now that they poof at idocs. 
    It's true they do cap, but with enough shields even if they spill over it's still not hard to accumulate a lot of tokens over time. I'm absolutely on the low to middle of the curve and it would take me years doing a transfer a day to use up my tokens.

Monthly would be good too, if not craftable/drops.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 252
    probably the Verite robe / cloak set.  It would be nice if the dev's added some more colors to the robe and cloak sets.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,815
    Top fire in order:
    Ethy horse
    Portals
    Seed Box
    Davy's Locker
    Shard Transfer Shield

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,234
    probably the Verite robe / cloak set.  It would be nice if the dev's added some more colors to the robe and cloak sets.

/sarcasm

Fixed that for you :)
  • RinerRiner Posts: 374
    Shard Shields
    Commodity deed box
    Portals
    Davy's Locker
    The Ethereal Mounts can be gotten from the UO so not as important

As for rarity of rewards, I guess I disagree with the majority as I think they should be locked behind age locks, and not usable unless your account to claim them. If not completely account bound but I do accept the fact that with the limit on number we can pick trading would still be nice. So if you want a reward you have to earn it by putting in the years, with a couple exceptions you can have all the vet rewards day one.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,234
    edited May 16
    There are several really good vet rewards I like.

My favorites:
    1. Ethy (llama) because it allows me to mount up without worrying about a mount HP.
    2. Second place for me is a tie between Davies locker & the garden shed.
    3. Shard shields
    Notable mention - Crafting stations.

Least favorite would be statues and the robes/cloaks; I think mainly because the dev teams have beat these ideas to death for items that really don't do anything at a time where vet rewards go poof (from IDOCs)... they seem like a waste of a pick and a reward that shouldn't take development time away from other usable rewards.

Riner said:

As for rarity of rewards, I guess I disagree with the majority as I think they should be locked behind age locks, and not usable unless your account to claim them. If not completely account bound but I do accept the fact that with the limit on number we can pick trading would still be nice. So if you want a reward you have to earn it by putting in the years, with a couple exceptions you can have all the vet rewards day one.
    Agreed. Some people like the idea of being able to "buy account age" to be able to select vet rewards but I think they need to be earned through time. Allowing people to buy account age is basically another avenue of putting vet rewards in the UO store.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 141
    So put vet rewards in the UO store, who cares?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,224
    The people who make the game mechanics.  Does not matter what you or I care, an equal number will feel the opposite.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,101
    Pawain said:
    The people who make the game mechanics.  Does not matter what you or I care, an equal number will feel the opposite.
    Do you really think a new 5 year vets believes they will get shard shields? 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 665
    edited May 17
    Crafting Stations/Workbenches
    Davies Locker
    BG's Fishing Pole
    Commodity Deed Box

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,894
    The Sheep on a stump of course.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 665
    I wouldn't dare to peek into your jewelry box. They're guarding pretty fiercely.