Put the Despise rewards in the Void Pool and then give us real Despise back.

Void pool is kind of fun, but without the hat event there's just no reason to do it. Rewards are pure trash and as it stands I will never spend the billion void pool points I've accumulated recently.

Despise minigame is total crap. Someone farmed it enough at some point to put some quivers on the market, but in all these years I've literally never heard anyone talk about it. Ask a group of players "Hey what should we do?" and it'll come up zero percent of the time.

Even worse, the Despise minigame ruined what used to be the best dungeon for newbs/returnees who wanted to train up a character legitimately. Its addition amounted to vandalism of the game.

So kill two birds with one stone. Put the Despise rewards in the void pool so maybe there's something someone wants in there, maybe reset points first so we don't all get a billion items with the points we've hoarded. Then shoot the Despise minigame into the sun and restore Despise to its old configuration. It still exists in Fel, just copy it over sans champ spawn.

Comments

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 252
    Despise won't be used if it was put back to its original form.  I think what you are actually suggesting is that the new despise gets its reward list updated.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,234
    Or update the void pool rewards... I'd be ok with the rewards from this event (like garg earrings / balron bone) getting added to the VP reward list for an appropriate amount of points
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,224
    They have been updating the huntsmaster challenge with items.  Add a few deco items to the Void Pool vendor and the Putrid Hearts Vendor.  Dungeon themed deco items would be cool to begin with.  Ethereal armor from past events. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 141
    Despise won't be used if it was put back to its original form.  I think what you are actually suggesting is that the new despise gets its reward list updated.

On Atlantic it used to be *the* place you'd send a newb once they were done with Old Haven skeletons and wanted to know where to go next. On the other hand new Despise is super awkward and pure crap. It's not even a dungeon anymore. I have 100% never ever heard anyone talk about doing it or wanting to do it. It has to be one of the biggest flops they've ever pushed out.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,304
    Despise was a good place to train pet and new chars.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 944
    Tram despise is the worst revamp of all the dungeon revamps so far, that being said, some of the rewards are still nice though..    I'd rather the first 2 levels in despise have something else to do in it besides 'possess pets' to fight the boss on lv 3, and maybe the wisp vendor outside the dungeon can sell something people might want as well, everything on the wisp vendor has always been useless (especially since the durability bug with ephemeral items was fixed)     with all the scripting people do anymore, reverting despise back to it's original state isn't going to make a difference one way or the other.

There's tons of content all over the game that needs revamped, mostly the rewards they drop,  Doom is still a half-ass revamp what, 8-10 years later?,....  'Oh but after NL, we'll see production shards being updated more", we'll see.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    I hang out in Atlantic Haven a lot and the kind of people who ask me where to go next don't know how to script yet.

Anyway these dungeon revamps were the peak era of effort being wasted because the devs were too out of touch. They actually thought someone would want all that ephemeral garbage. They actually thought someone would want all this void pool junk, like the chance to upgrade ingots at a massive loss was going to be a serious driver of PVM activity. Crazy.
  • Jelly_KellyJelly_Kelly Posts: 18
    I totally do not get the revamp to despise.  When I came back I went there to do some training and was like WTH. I still do don't even know what do it in despise.  Is there a guide somewhere? 
    "We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third."
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,021Moderator
    I totally do not get the revamp to despise.  When I came back I went there to do some training and was like WTH. I still do don't even know what do it in despise.  Is there a guide somewhere? 

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/world/dungeons/dungeon-despise-trammel/

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,380
    I hang out in Atlantic Haven a lot and the kind of people who ask me where to go next don't know how to script yet.

Anyway these dungeon revamps were the peak era of effort being wasted because the devs were too out of touch. They actually thought someone would want all that ephemeral garbage. They actually thought someone would want all this void pool junk, like the chance to upgrade ingots at a massive loss was going to be a serious driver of PVM activity. Crazy.
    While I realise you have no use for the void pool items, I have used them, together with bod rewards, to farm higher end ingots, mostly agapite. 
    But then of course I'm not a very good player, obviously not because I use the EC daily and get along with it very well indeed. I don't find it matches your description of it as posted in this forum.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,234
    I agree. I'm not sure how accurate but I get the feeling this Dev team wants to avoid changing loot systems / context menus / intertwined code at all costs; at least since NL has been a thing. Anyone that actually plays the game knows that 80% of the weapons in the game are junk (I'm talking regular weapons). Tell me the last time you saw anyone use a cutlass or a viking sword or almost any fencing weapon out of a leafblade... you can insert 80% of the weapons that exist; regardless of the mods on it. But to fix this problem they would need to change the coding of weapon specials and how they act.

The other thing is that 75% of the artifact drops are either outdated or were trash to begin with and nothing was ever done to resolve it. Nobody has ever used the Holy Knight's breastplate in their suit or used the Dragon Slayer lance to actually slay dragons. The jackles collar or blade of insanity were once used in suits pre-imbuing... but nobody wants them anymore because we can craft/imbue items that are better than these now.

I think the issue becomes where the Dev team knows that could open a can of worms by tweaking stats (making things too OP) or swinging the balance of things that would make other things obsolete; all that while meddling in code that has been touched by several different teams. Not saying that I don't think they should be updating older stuff but this is the reason I think they don't.
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 62
    This dev team can't even repopulate Blackthorn's dungeon and just left it a massive open space, you think they have the skill set to successfully revert Despise?

It's clear all the dev effort is going into New Legacy and we're just stuck getting mad lib seasonal events that are either a temp champ spawn or farming an area for points.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 305
    I tried to do Tram Despise solo 2-3 times. I could not kill the boss no matter what. I also tried to find people on global chat but nobody joined me.

It would be nice to get my own 250 luck ring. So, I hope this gets added.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,101
    shootgun said:
    I tried to do Tram Despise solo 2-3 times. I could not kill the boss no matter what. I also tried to find people on global chat but nobody joined me.

It would be nice to get my own 250 luck ring. So, I hope this gets added.
    The fact that compassion eye is cheap and readily available leads me to believe it's easy and probably scriptable...
  • TheoTheo Posts: 179
    Agree 100%. Despise is great source of spined leather and great for training new dexers. I miss it since it was ruined.  No one does the content there.  

While I realise you have no use for the void pool items, I have used them, together with bod rewards, to farm higher end ingots, mostly agapite. 
    But then of course I'm not a very good player, obviously not because I use the EC daily and get along with it very well indeed. I don't find it matches your description of it as posted in this forum.

There's bound to be some subset of crafters who don't mind using them, but not that many, and even then the lifespans on the items mean no one else can really farm them to sell. They made an entire PVM system for the combat alts of crafters who want to upgrade ingots and stuff, and literally no one else. I wanna get one of these devs and ask them how many people they THOUGHT were going to do it.