SoS Grouping (Fishing)

Wondering if someone has refined/streamlined their SoS process to make the most efficient use of their time and can offer some advice.

I currently have around 100 SoS I can fish up. Really just want to maximize my time fishing up SoS and limit the amount of time I'm navigating The best I've come up with so far is to group the coords to be ballpark the same area (ie north of Skara) and go out to fish all them up at the same time. 

Is this what others are doing as well? Are there a few defined clusters of coordinates (ie area north of Skara or area west of ice island) people can identify to help minimize the amount of sailing in between? 

Also - is there a tool or something to help sort the priority of, let's say, 10 SoS in my pack to ensure I'm limiting the amount of backtracking? I feel like I read something about this being a thing but wasn't sure of the specifics.

Thanks.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,451
    use davis locker
    n/w
    s/w
    n/e
    s/e
    then 100/100 and up groups
    then under 100s
    I average 50 to 60 an hour but i have many 1000s of both sos/soa to group sometimes even have 3 in exact same spot and have like 5 or 6 you can fish up with out moving

I use cc no add-ons

but I hear the ec you just drop them on tiller and he/she does all the work sorting ?
    I might try it to see

gl
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,815
    A refinement of what @Skett wrote.   Take advantage of the roll over from S to N.  A SoS at 176S  and a SoS at 10N can be fairly close to each other.

If you use the EC you can get pins for all of the SoS's that you think are close to each other to be displayed in the compass map at the same time and you can pilot your ship in a non-random order.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,451
    edited May 15
    after you do a few youll get the hang of sorting them

You can also leave the chest on the deck for an hour as well so fish them up for an hour then take them all
    I make piles of 10 then move to new spot on the deck and take the first pile first home then the next etc
    I have found after an hour the items in the chest start to disappear if not locked down
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,234
    Very good info - thank you both
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 665
    edited May 15
    Does anyone know about a coordinate map that is marked better with the coordinates? I find this can be difficult to understand.
    httpsuocomwp-contentuploads201510trammel_all_linesjpg

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,021Moderator
    what would make it clearer for you?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,304
    Use UO Auto map.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,234
    Does anyone know about a coordinate map that is marked better with the coordinates? I find this can be difficult to understand.
    httpsuocomwp-contentuploads201510trammel_all_linesjpg

I use this one the get an idea where the coordinates will land me: