Shattered sails assessment

GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,101
edited May 12 in General Discussions
So far 2 thumbs up! 
One adjustment is hats in t chest should scale with difficulty trove should be on par with beacons etc 
Not to late to add some pirate themed deco 

Comments

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 665
    I'm having too much fun getting hats to post!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,224
    Add more deco to the hat NPC please. @Kyronix

Or return all the talismans at 200 each.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,334
    Lag and jerky movement in the Void seems to be the norm.  Usually, when I go in after I log on, if anything is going on in the Void I can hardly move.  Usually it smooths out so I can play in there but it takes awhile.  Last couple days Void has been really erratic.  Last night while I was playing, UO suddenly displayed the UO.com Home Screen over the top the Void screen completely blocking my view of the Void.  This happened several times.

Think the Void or beacon options provide good sources of hats for most players.  Agree trove and hoard chests should provide more hats than the cache chests do.  For treasure hunters looking for hats think supply and cache chests provide the best return.

Has anyone tried the other monster options?  Do you get more than one hat from them?  Got a dread pirates hat with a name in it.  That’s cool.  Should be worth more than one hat at the turn in though.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,101
    Arnold7 said:
    Lag and jerky movement in the Void seems to be the norm.  Usually, when I go in after I log on, if anything is going on in the Void I can hardly move.  Usually it smooths out so I can play in there but it takes awhile.  Last couple days Void has been really erratic.  Last night while I was playing, UO suddenly displayed the UO.com Home Screen over the top the Void screen completely blocking my view of the Void.  This happened several times.

Think the Void or beacon options provide good sources of hats for most players.  Agree trove and hoard chests should provide more hats than the cache chests do.  For treasure hunters looking for hats think supply and cache chests provide the best return.

Has anyone tried the other monster options?  Do you get more than one hat from them?  Got a dread pirates hat with a name in it.  That’s cool.  Should be worth more than one hat at the turn in though.

I did use a hat from a dread pirate for transmog target hoping it would retain the name but no such luck 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 940
    3 accts running ( very high end star citizen capable PC, 3 screens and EC pinco) I get 70/80 hats from 5 beacons 

a great haul, really enjoying the pirating onboard ships now the dungeons are deserted

I would also like ot se more rewards on both traders before the event ends

Can anyone confirm if the bard instruments from he black market are event only or persistent?
    Nothing has ever been removed from the black market.  Even the quest items that have no use now.
    edited May 13
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,304
    you are %100 right, LOL
    you are %100 right, LOL
    lol I added a question but then found the answer   Can’t find delete so it got a .

and you can have a “.” As well buster 
    lol how do you delete a post ?
    edited May 13
    lol how do you delete a post ?
    We cant delete posts once submitted.  Just able to edit them for an hour.  Its worse when you accidently put a comment after one you just made and want it gone. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,234
    While I do enjoy the multiple options of collecting hats (sailing/T-Hunting are good semi-passive ways of getting hats), this event falls a bit flat for me mainly because there are only 6 "new" rewards. It seems that I am in the minority on that opinion though so I am happy for everyone enjoying the event.

Side note - I did chuckle the last time I was in game and I saw balron chest being bought/sold in GenChat for "2 for 25m". Crazy that a best in slot item is now worth pennies on the dollar which I'm not saying is a bad thing; I'm just glad I sold my extra balron chest a month or 2 before this event started :)
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 665
    Two words....

NO PARAGONS!!!!
    <3
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 305
    edited May 13
    I agree with everyone. The only thing I would change is the drop rate from different content. TMaps/Fishing/Sea pirates, the things that take more time to do, should drop more hats than void pool. Other than that, it is all good. I even got an extra balron armor for my dog (CU) in case it ever needs it :p
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,974
    shootgun said:
    I agree with everyone. The only thing I would change is the drop rate from different content. TMaps/Fishing/Sea pirates, the things that take more time to do, should drop more hats than void pool. Other than that, it is all good. I even got an extra balron armor for my dog (CU) in case it ever needs it :p
    Well, I did try to make an effort on March 4
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/103460/#Comment_103460

And then again on April 3
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/104904/#Comment_104904

suggesting to be more generous with Pirate Hats spawns with the collection methods which were more time consuming but it looks like I was not succesfull enough...
    popps said:
    shootgun said:
    Well, I did try to make an effort on March 4
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/103460/#Comment_103460

And then again on April 3
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/104904/#Comment_104904

suggesting to be more generous with Pirate Hats spawns with the collection methods which were more time consuming but it looks like I was not succesfull enough...
    If you take maps or SoS and organize them so you can move from one to the next, you will find an experienced player can get many more hats per hour than someone in the void pool.  But that only happens when you log in and play.

Complaining when you have done less than 10, yields 0 hats.  Playing gets hats.

I got around 110 in a couple of hours doing beacons and ships,  the other day, which you would not get because you are no where near as fast as I.

The difference is, I don't  stop playing and come here to whine when I see player ships or get a bunch of merchant or pirate ships.  Remember where the player ships are and kill the other ships to make beacons.  Using the side cannons at once, you sink Orc and garg ships in 1 shot and reload cycle.  I am pretty sure reloading is less than 1 min. Then loot the hold of the things you like.

It's nice to have an event that gives more rewards for knowledge and skill, and not just hack and slash.