Here's How To Discourage Event Botting

2»

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 736
    I have a theory about the 3rd party clients, and IF it's right, (which it probably isn't) then @ JackFlashUk solution could be an answer, IF it's doable.

I have yet to hear how removing an official client would stop an illegal 3rd party client. Please, explain:
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • RadstRadst Posts: 98

THREE months of event duration. NON shard bound hats. Useless event rewards.

Pretty sure this is already very discouraging :D

Anyone that is trying so hard to "profit" from all this should probably rethink their life :D

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 940
    username said:
    I have a theory about the 3rd party clients, and IF it's right, (which it probably isn't) then @ JackFlashUk solution could be an answer, IF it's doable.

I have yet to hear how removing an official client would stop an illegal 3rd party client. Please, explain:
    Can you script using the KR client?
    username said:

You connect to the servers with the KR client and tell me. Post a screenshot of you connected. I'll wait.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,380
    username said:

k, lots of theory, speculation and some very big 'IFs' . 
     IF the CC client could be brought to a stage where uoassist and uoam were both redundant, then all 3rd party connections could (maybe?) be blocked. I think Tug would be delighted that he no longer had to maintain an application that he stopped using himself, and gets no revenue from, many years ago too.
    IF CC artwork could be an option in EC, then CC could be deemed redundant and the devs would only have to maintain one client. 

Very unlikely to happen, and probably fraught with multiple insurmountable problems, but a nice idea in theory.
    edited May 9
     IF the CC client could be brought to a stage where uoassist and uoam were both redundant, then all 3rd party connections could (maybe?) be blocked.
    Why does this have to be a pre-requisite? IF they are able to detect 3rd party clients connecting (which I believe they can ) why not action those players now? Why not disable the clients now?

This still not answering how disabling an official client solves anything.

• Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 141
    They desperately need to elevate at least one of their clients to the standard of an acceptable commercial product.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,304
    username said:
    Close the 2D client
    No one is going to remove an official client. If anything, IF they were to ever do that, they'd remove the abomination that is the KR client, I mean the EC. Either way, that wouldn't solve anything, as we've already came to the conclusion. These are THIRD-PARTY CLIENTS connecting what's not to understand? And it's the Classic Client. Not the "2D".
    LMAO  They have already removed 2 official clients so if they could get everyone to switch to the EC with EC/CC graphics switch then there would be ZERO reason to keep the old legal CC
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 940
    username said:
    username said:

You connect to the servers with the KR client and tell me. Post a screenshot of you connected. I'll wait.
    THAT is my point you idiot.

They can close servers

Do you understand now, or shall I break out the crayons?

Close CC,  make everyone ,including you, log into EC. with a 2D graphics option

Then all unapproved 3rd party cheat clients cannot be used and the modding can be controlled
    edited May 10
    JackFlashUk said:
    Close CC,  make everyone ,including you, log into EC. with a 2D graphics option

Then all unapproved 3rd party cheat clients cannot be used and the modding can be controlled
    THIS DOES NOT STOP 3RD PARTY CLIENTS FROM CONNECTING. LET ME EDUCATE YOU:

THESE THIRD PARTY CLIENTS ARE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH: THEY USE OPENGL RENDERING AND NOT AN ANTIQUATED VERSION OF DIRECTX. GO GOOGLE THEIR GITHUB YOU CAN COMPILE THEM FROM SOURCE. IF THE CLASSIC CLIENT NEVER EXISTED THESE CLIENTS WOULD STILL EXIST. THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EACHOTHER. Well, they steal assets from the CC, like the artwork files etc.

UNLIKE UOASSIST AND OTHER CHEAT PROGRAMS (LIKE THE SHARP OBJECT YOU SHAVE WITH AND WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU BOIL WATER) THAT ADD A LAYER OR INTERACT WITH PACKETS/MEMORY, THESE CLIENTS ARE EXACTLY AS STATED: CLIENTS. THESE CLIENTS ARE THEIR OWN THING AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CC AND EC. IF BOTH THE CC AND EC WERE DISABLED AND NEVER UPDATED AND DISALLOWED FROM CONNECTING TO THE SERVERS THE 3RD PARTY CLIENTS WOULD STILL WORK.

YOU ARE WRONG. YOU RESPECTFULLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND NEED TO STOP.

LMAO  They have already removed 2 official clients so if they could get everyone to switch to the EC with EC/CC graphics switch then there would be ZERO reason to keep the old legal CC
    The KR is the EC so it was not removed, it was replaced. Remember when you launched the 'EC' in the early days and it has the KR spash screen? Same graphics?

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,304
    username said:
    The KR is the EC so it was not removed, it was replaced. Remember when you launched the 'EC' in the early days and it has the KR spash screen? Same graphics?
    WRONG  The KR Client was removed.  There may be parts of the EC that are similar to the KR but KR does not exists because even though I have a system that is more than capable of running it I was not able to run it so there is no way the EC is the KR Client, try again.  To show you how much you understand it would be the EC is the KR not as you wrote it the KR is the EC.  EC Graphics are far from KR Graphics.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,021Moderator
    As this thread has turned decidedly venomous I'm calling a halt