Mage Dismount spell please.

2»

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,331
    edited May 6
    sibble said:
    Can you explain the scenario where you think an EQ-type spell that dismounts every one would be helpful to you?

If you're 1v2 and you go on foot to attempt to dismount them both (yikes), spell goes off and they're both dismounted.  Then you're going to have 1 player interrupting you while you try and mount while the 2nd is free to mount again.
    And yes you have nailed it, it cannot be used in every scenario, so again, the solo player would not be affected. so again, no real reason to oppose it. They would not use it against you there, you would not use it against them. They would probably seek to dismount the solo player in the usual ways.

I am talking about group play - say 5v5, or a 10v10, or a 10v30. Rather than seeing people going down really fast to scripted dismounts or ganks, you could take everyone down, and make the fight very fun, and exciting, it would even out group play, and give mages more chance v dexxers. Including stealth hidden dismounters, or scripted bola dismounters. Or archer dismounters. Right now, pvp is all about who dismounts the best - why not get rid of that, and actually put it down to pvp ability, on foot, in a team v team.

In my other favourite topic, some people want to get rid of parry, I say, mages need to be given a means to get rid of parry.

In this topic, the issue is dismount, bring this in, and dismount is less of an issue, because everyone can be dismounted, then its just about the pvp.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 949
    edited May 6
    Cookie said:
    sibble said:
    Can you explain the scenario where you think an EQ-type spell that dismounts every one would be helpful to you?

If you're 1v2 and you go on foot to attempt to dismount them both (yikes), spell goes off and they're both dismounted.  Then you're going to have 1 player interrupting you while you try and mount while the 2nd is free to mount again.
    And yes you have nailed it, it cannot be used in every scenario, so again, the solo player would not be affected. so again, no real reason to oppose it. They would not use it against you there, you would not use it against them. They would probably seek to dismount the solo player in the usual ways.

I am talking about group play - say 5v5, or a 10v10, or a 10v30. Rather than seeing people going down really fast to scripted dismounts or ganks, you could take everyone down, and make the fight very fun, and exciting, it would even out group play, and give mages more chance v dexxers. Including stealth hidden dismounters, or scripted bola dismounters. Or archer dismounters. Right now, pvp is all about who dismounts the best - why not get rid of that, and actually put it down to pvp ability, on foot, in a team v team.

In my other favourite topic, some people want to get rid of parry, I say, mages need to be given a means to get rid of parry.

In this topic, the issue is dismount, bring this in, and dismount is less of an issue, because everyone can be dismounted, then its just about the pvp.
        everyone can already dismount, there are several options.

1) bola, usable by anyone.
       2) weapon skill + any weapon with dismount special.  -a 'pure mage' only requires a couple skills btw)
       3) Pets trained with the dismount special.

It doesn't make sense to give something like this to the one skill (magery) that already has more options/versatility than every other skill in the game.      

What does make sense, is to take away parry for templates with Magery, because it makes them far more powerful than they should be.     but Mr Magoo seems to be running the show, That's been apparent for quite some time.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 949

Cookie said:

I believe, players being forced on foot, would actually raise the excitement level, rather than the current being ganked to hell lameness. An EQ spell, has a much slower cast time than Bolas, and gives a lot of warning unlike most of the warrior methods out there right now, that give zero warning - you would certainly have time to get out of range if required.

if you want something like this, just ask for designated areas where mounts aren't allowed.
     Those fights were more fun in the past...

no mounts, no gargoyle flying & no mount-speed animal form.  -the old faction bases would make great pvp-arena style areas in which mounts shouldn't be allowed.  there'd have to be entry points for each 'team' and 4 faction bases could be interesting.   -still kinda bugs me that those bases haven't been used for anything since factions were removed..

Minax & Com (moonglow base) would obviously be the best of the 4...  technically, you could already do something like this using the arena, but those areas aren't quite big enough for larger scale fights, there are also no obstacles in them so they heavily favor ranged weapons & mages for 'field fight' styles of fights.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • NightmareNightmare Posts: 3
    More pvp changes would be fun, but who are we kidding,, the most they have done for a patch with pvp recently was the evasion "nerf"  hows that working out? Did a lot of people drop Bushido because evasion sucks?  Out of touch