Vendor Search bugged and incorrectly listing of items by price

MerlinMerlin Posts: 211
edited April 24 in General Discussions
So I currently have a non-replica Royal Guard Investigator cloak on a safe for 1.35 platinum on Atlantic.  It should be the cheapest non-replica version available.  When using VS and filtering to show order starting with least expensive, there are four currently available. It first shows one priced at 1.9 plat and the next is one that cost 2.1 plat.  Then mine is listed third, despite being 600m and 750m cheaper than the first two.  Then one that cost 1.5 plat.

Not sure what's going on with this, but seems clear something isn't working correctly. 

This issue seems to be affecting large number of EM items and rares whereby it seems a couple of people (won't name names) are always at the top of the list despite not being the cheapest when filtering by price.  It would seem as if a few folks have found a way to manipulate the system when items are on safes to show as if they are the cheapest even when that isn't the case.

@Kyronix ; any chance you could add this to list of bugs to investigate?

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,123Dev
    edited April 24
    As it stands now, vendor search does not show pricing information for auction items.  As there is often no set price, shoppers will need to visit the auction.  Currently this is working as intended, and items are listed in the order they are added if they are of equal price (which is the case for high priced items beyond 2b gold).  However, if you believe there is an issue where sellers can manipulate feel free to PM details and we can investigate.
  • usernameusername Posts: 714
    edited April 24
    It's not bugged. Items over 1p have always had issues displaying by lowest->highest prices. It seems to, as @Kyronix mentioned, first listed = top of the search. But also, this is correct:

Kyronix said:
    As it stands now, vendor search does not show pricing information for auction items.  As there is often no set price, shoppers will need to visit the auction.
    As safe search does not show prices it doesn't necessarily sort by lowest->highest. It's not a bug, it's a feature. It's not vendor search. You must visit the safes.

I will PM you with some actual auction safe bugs @Kyronix

Also can you PLEASE let the owner of the safe see the uncensored name of the person who bid/bought? 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    ive also seen items put on a vendor, but then moved to a safe for a higher price.  they will show up on vendor search, but then take you to the auction safe theyve been moved to for the higher price.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    I have not checked safes in a while.  But if there is a buy now price.  They seem to show the lowest first.

I buy cheap pigs.

Ya it needs attention if it's not showing lowest first 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    edited April 25
    I searched a specific item.  I chose the first 5.  First one took me to the guy that was making gates.
    His was the cheapest of the 5.  The other four were random order. 4th was second lowest price.

These were all buy now prices.   

I coulda got cheaper pigs!?  :'(
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    sometimes a house has two safes with the same item on it.      one priced higher  one lower.  have to look around the house for the lower priced one.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 177
    Kyronix said:
    As it stands now, vendor search does not show pricing information for auction items.  As there is often no set price, shoppers will need to visit the auction.  Currently this is working as intended, and items are listed in the order they are added if they are of equal price (which is the case for high priced items beyond 2b gold).  However, if you believe there is an issue where sellers can manipulate feel free to PM details and we can investigate.
    This makes no sense. Show the latest price in the search. Even if you have to real time pull it after the query executes.  Pull results. Spin through auction results to query the current highest bid then display.  This isn’t hard. 

Also any item in quantity (like iron ingot deeds) should show full price and price per item. Like 1k deed at 100k shows 100gp per.  And a 5k deed at 200k shows 40gp per.   This would be hugely helpful for buyers.  Ability to sort by lowest per item cost would be huge for all commodities.