whats with the crabs and lobsters?

yesterday they weighed 1 stone each today they weigh 5 stones each?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,039
    They were not stacking so they fixed and it changed weight 
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    well now the ones the drop today wont stack with the one is already had, and they drop is stacks of 2 now instead of stacks of 10, i was want to know if this is Permanant, or if they goin to change back, if they goin to change it back i just wont bother picking them up for now 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    Whitewolf said:
    well now the ones the drop today wont stack with the one is already had, and they drop is stacks of 2 now instead of stacks of 10, i was want to know if this is Permanant, or if they goin to change back, if they goin to change it back i just wont bother picking them up for now 
    Kyronix said:
    We made a change to get them to stack, which required making them weigh more.  Will have a look as to why the quantity also decreased.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    well that kinda sucks, its alot of weight, and really not realistic considering a log only weight 2 stones.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,801
    Crabs and lobsters caught with crab and lobster traps weigh 5 stone each.  The change makes those from the merchants weigh the same.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    edited April 19
    What I do not understand, is why it was decided to raise the (lower) weight of the older ones to match the (higher) weight of the newer ones (if I understood it as correctly, otherwise, please correct me if I understood it as wrong) in order to have them, old and new, stack, and not the other way around which it is, make the weight of the newer ones lower, the same of the older ones...

If the issue for them to stack is to have them all the same weight, why can't they be the same "lower" weight rather then the "higher" weight ?

@Kyronix ?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,801
    @popps the older crabs and lobsters have always weighed 5 stone.  The new crabs and lobsters mistakenly weighed 1 stone. Raising the new crabs and lobsters to 5 stone makes them stack with the old ones.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    edited April 19
    TimSt said:
    @ popps the older crabs and lobsters have always weighed 5 stone.  The new crabs and lobsters mistakenly weighed 1 stone. Raising the new crabs and lobsters to 5 stone makes them stack with the old ones.
    Ah, OK, thank you for the clarification.

It also does not look realistic to me that a log weights 2 stones and a crab/lobster 5 and I also agree that all crabs and lobsters should weight a lot less, like 1 stone.

Hopefully, the developers can make them all weight 1 stone ?

That is, change the 5 stones weight of the older ones to 1 stone so as to match the 1 stone weight of the new ones which, at that point, I would hope, would make them all stack, old and new, but on the basis of a 1 stone weight rather then of a 5 stones weight ?
    ya i never realized the old ones weighed 5 stones, ok makes sense now kinda, still dont understand how a tree can only weigh 2 stones but yet a crab 5 stones.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914
    popps said:
    What I do not understand, 
    Lets just leave this here for ALL topics
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914

popps said:
    What I do not understand, is why it was decided to raise the (lower) weight of the older ones to match the (higher) weight of the newer ones (if I understood it as correctly, otherwise, please correct me if I understood it as wrong) in order to have them, old and new, stack, and not the other way around which it is, make the weight of the newer ones lower, the same of the older ones...

If the issue for them to stack is to have them all the same weight, why can't they be the same "lower" weight rather then the "higher" weight ?

@ Kyronix ?
    WTF are you saying here?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
     :D 

Complaining about weights.  Should a log weigh 500 stones?

Why do things I craft weigh more then the resources that make them. 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    The hat drop from Merchants and non-Dread pirates is so poor the only reason I was attacking them was for the 1030 c & L in chests. I won;t bother attacking them again until the qty changes.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,993Moderator
    popps said:
    TimSt said:
    @ popps the older crabs and lobsters have always weighed 5 stone.  The new crabs and lobsters mistakenly weighed 1 stone. Raising the new crabs and lobsters to 5 stone makes them stack with the old ones.
    Ah, OK, thank you for the clarification.

It also does not look realistic to me that a log weights 2 stones and a crab/lobster 5 and I also agree that all crabs and lobsters should weight a lot less, like 1 stone.

Hopefully, the developers can make them all weight 1 stone ?

That is, change the 5 stones weight of the older ones to 1 stone so as to match the 1 stone weight of the new ones which, at that point, I would hope, would make them all stack, old and new, but on the basis of a 1 stone weight rather then of a 5 stones weight ?

Possibly because it is a lot easier to change the newly added content than those that are stashed away in people's houses, banks or ships?