Publish 117 Feedback

Comments

• PhreakPhreak Posts: 3
    It seems like the Fortune Visage doesn't quite hit the target. It doesn't fit any particular template well, as you mentioned. It needs more stats to be effective for warriors, and mages would prefer the mark of wildfire . I was hoping the mark would return as a reward, but it seems I'll have to keep waiting. The feedback in this thread indicates that modifiers need to be added to make Fortune Visage competitive.
  • Phreak said:
    It seems like the Fortune Visage doesn't quite hit the target. It doesn't fit any particular template well, as you mentioned. It needs more stats to be effective for warriors, and mages would prefer the mark of wildfire . I was hoping the mark would return as a reward, but it seems I'll have to keep waiting. The feedback in this thread indicates that modifiers need to be added to make Fortune Visage competitive.

Yeah, i was hoping the Mark of Wildfire would show up again too. My Tamer/Mage on Napa doesn't have one.
    I'll be skipping the Fortune Visage, since it's simply not good enough even for my Dexxers to drop Blackthorn Helm equivalent for.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,174
    @Kyronix - Took me a while to get the hats I needed to get the orc helm (thanks for boosting drop rate - that seemed to help).

I tried to alter the orc helm for a gargoyle and received the message that I cannot alter the item. I assumed this would be possible since the orc helm was meant for many templates.

Is it intended that this item cannot be altered for a Garg (ie again no garg love for a human item)?
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited April 12
    How is the 'anti-afk' system going to work for this event? 

Am I going to get flagged for sailing any parts of the sea?
    Am I going to get flagged digging up maps?
    Afk between spawns of the void pool in/outside of the dungeon?

@Kyronix
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    edited April 12
    username said:
    How is the 'anti-afk' system going to work for this event? 

Am I going to get flagged for sailing any parts of the sea?
    Am I going to get flagged digging up maps?
    Afk between spawns of the void pool in/outside of the dungeon?

@ Kyronix
    That is a very good question but I suspect, having Kyronix said in a previous message here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/105250/#Comment_105250

Luck isn’t required, this isn’t a treasures event so things will function differently.  

That, not being a Treasures Event, perhaps, the anti-AFK system is not going to be active for this Event?

But since there is "dead times" in between doing Treasure Maps and Sailing to get to SOSes spots or in between Waves at the Void Pool, it is better to get a clarification on this from Kyronix.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,117
    edited April 12
    They are not going to tell you they are turning off the anti afk system, nor will they tell you how it works.

Come on people.  Think a little before you post.

Its on TC if you want to test it.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,034
    Pawain said:
    They are not going to tell you they are turning off the anti afk system, nor will they tell you how it works.

Come on people.  Think a little before you post.

Its on TC if you want to test it.  :D
    Yeah because it's been working so efficiently 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 804
    edited April 12
    Skett said:
    is the boat paint from the black market permanent ? and does it take 3 to get max dark level ? if so that 150k points seem very expensive for a paint that fades

Has anybody verified whether using the paint converts your ship to one that "cannot be repaired"?  That would further boost the effective cost of that paint.  Maybe it attracts fungus/mold that is so aggressive it can even destroy the best marine teak?

That would be like paying to have a new paint job applied to your car, only to later find that you can no longer have the car repaired by a mechanic.

Planned obsolescence to a new level!
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 209
    edited April 13
    Bumping the resists on the Visage was step in right direction, but feels like this still needs one more mod. Keep the HPR and Hit Points, and add Strength.  Would then be an item that could be used by just about any template, and isn't outrageously OP.  But I'm guessing we won't get anymore changes at this point. 

Did a little bit more testing on some TMaps... getting 1 to 2 hats per chest.  Hard to judge whether this is worth it or not when we don't know what the prices will be.  Any idea what we're looking at for turn in costs?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    edited April 13
    I am not sure if this has been already answered but will EJ characters be able to receive Pirate Hats with this new Event considering that now their use is limited to 1 EJ account per IP address and thus, I imagine, seeing a trail of multiple EJ characters scripted and acting as one should no longer be possible?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    How do I get the vet rewards to test them? My mind is blank on the subject.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    whether by accident, or design, the clickies for vet rewards disappeared when TC1 was updated for Update 3.
    I can make the set I claimed available to you if you wish.
    @Kyronix - Many people have said they would like an additional stat (or replace HPR 4 with additional stats) to the Fortune Visage. I hope you all will consider that before the item goes live.

One other thing I wanted to call out is that this item cannot be altered for a Garg and there is no garg version of this item. Can we get a garg version of the luck helm created (something stone likely)?
    Has anyone done any testing of Corgul / Charybdis?
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,408
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Many people have said they would like an additional stat (or replace HPR 4 with additional stats) to the Fortune Visage. I hope you all will consider that before the item goes live.

One other thing I wanted to call out is that this item cannot be altered for a Garg and there is no garg version of this item. Can we get a garg version of the luck helm created (something stone likely)?

I hope something is done to make the Fortune Visage more useful a transmogrification item

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 303
    edited April 14
    popps said:
    I am not sure if this has been already answered but will EJ characters be able to receive Pirate Hats with this new Event considering that now their use is limited to 1 EJ account per IP address and thus, I imagine, seeing a trail of multiple EJ characters scripted and acting as one should no longer be possible?
    No, EJ are not able to get drops , at least for void pool from my testings.
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Many people have said they would like an additional stat (or replace HPR 4 with additional stats) to the Fortune Visage. I hope you all will consider that before the item goes live.

I agree The Fortune Visage could use str or stam increase instead of health regen.
    keven2002 said:
    Has anyone done any testing of Corgul / Charybdis?
    From the reports on Scalis he dropped 11-12 backpack drops divided in a party... that leaves players with very little hats for the time and effort. I propose they should add at least 12 hats in the corpse of all three boss (maybe corgul red pirates on the island could drop some hats also, and when you fail to summon Scalis, there is a beige box that fall on the ground containing essences, this box should also contain hats) @Kyronix
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    Mariah said:
    whether by accident, or design, the clickies for vet rewards disappeared when TC1 was updated for Update 3.
    I can make the set I claimed available to you if you wish.
    Only if you are done testing them. If you have them I would like to check out the following
    Hiryu Statuette
    Sphinx Statuette
    Enchanted Gardening Shears
    Decorative Lava Pool
    Enchanted Greenhouse

Thanks Tim

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 528
    edited April 14
    Kyronix said:
    hehe i got ignored nice <span>:disappointed:</span>

Thanks for the feedback!

Rewards are set for now, but will take your suggestions for future advisement. :)

With regards to the Fortune's Visage I conferred with our resident gear aficionado (Parallax)  and The Fortune's Visage isn't designed with any one play style in mind for where it will specifically "slot in". It provides a significant luck bonus on the head slot, as well as several other basic stats that are useful for a wide variety of templates. Additionally, the helm can also be enhanced to extend this bonus even further. It includes Mage Armor by default so caster templates can choose to use the item if they wish, and those with no need for Mage Armor can have it removed for a bonus to the LMC stat.
    With it's current stats, the Fortune's Visage is in the same place as the Bracelet of Primal Consumption, a piece that doesn't fit into any template, and so therefore won't really be used. Mages already have the Mark of Wildfire that perfectly fits what they need for a Luck helm. Fortune's Visage would need like +8-10 Stam instead of 4 HPR to fit a Dexxer.

Kyronix said:
    Max luck suits are not a requirement to compete in any content, and those wishing to assemble a suit with the most luck possible may have to make some tough decisions when assembling that suit.
    Is this why Auspicious/of Fortune does not appear on currently spawning Legendary Artifact armor/weps? A deliberate design decision, instead of a bug? There are some old no-name Legendary Artifacts that spawned with high Luck, such as these, so i initially assumed it not appearing on currently spawning Legendary Artifacts was a bug.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904

Kyronix said:
    Max luck suits are not a requirement to compete in any content, and those wishing to assemble a suit with the most luck possible may have to make some tough decisions when assembling that suit.
    Is this why Auspicious/of Fortune does not appear on currently spawning Legendary Artifact armor/weps? A deliberate design decision, instead of a bug? There are some old no-name Legendary Artifacts that spawned with high Luck, such as these, so i initially assumed it not appearing on currently spawning Legendary Artifacts was a bug.
       I suspect that it doesn't spawn on legendary items with the  prefix/suffix because luck is the only property associated with auspicious/of fortune.   so you'd end up with a legendary with 5 mods  (4 from one prefix or suffix & 1 (luck) from auspicious/ of fortune) max, with a 7-8 mod budget.

T-maps seem to be the best source of legendaries with luck (though still somewhat rare) so far that I've seen, but the items still don't appear with Auspicious / of Fortune.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • RelvinianRelvinian Posts: 29
    I see the updates to resists on Fortune's Visage and appreciate that.  I do still feel like it is lacking. HPR is not a great benefit compared to stamina/dex, hit point/str increases.  I think that if it is not improved it will not be as desired as current head slot items. Thank you for providing a forum for feedback and taking our opinions. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,034
    Why would an item the player base repeatedly said wasn't good enough be 100 drops what's the point of feedback if it's completely ignored 
    Grimbeard said:
    Why would an item the player base repeatedly said wasn't good enough be 100 drops what's the point of feedback if it's completely ignored 

Looks like a patch was put in today (wonder what what in it??) and Pub 117 is going to Origin. Hoping they will surprise us with adding something to the Orc helm as requested by the vast majority of people. I also hope they make it alter-able for Gargs.
    Grimbeard said:
    Wasn't ignored. They even said why they changed some things and not others.
    @Kyronix. The Lore book, pages and pirate theme deco items will be added when this goes live?
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix. The Lore book, pages and pirate theme deco items will be added when this goes live?

What pirate theme deco?
    edited April 15
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix. The Lore book, pages and pirate theme deco items will be added when this goes live?

What pirate theme deco?
    The stuff that they are holding back!   o:)  That don't need testing.

edited April 15
    I think you are going to be disappointed. On Origin there is no deco and no lore pages.

Also disappointing is the Orc helm was left untouched AND costs 100 points (the most points out of all other items). Sorry Dev team, I think you completely wiffed on that reward from start to finish.

Looks like the event runs to mid-July. Guessing this will be all we are getting until late September :'(
  • RadstRadst Posts: 96

NEXT TIME when publishing TC, the dev should always indicate they HAVE DONE some testing.

Hats are not shard-bound: oops didn't see that
    VP free hats: oops didn't know the BASICS but i still call myself a DEV

This event is pure garbage. Boats are annoying. And reward points are no longer for discussion.

The attitude is obvious. What a PRO.
    Radst said:

The attitude is obvious. What a PRO.

It's unfortunate that the Dev team is selective on their feedback; some of which is a direct question which is about testing the new publish on TC1. I thought this would be community managers job?

I asked (multiple times) for clickies to give us luck potions / ancient nets / drops / etc (probably could have used some transmog potions too) to help test the stuff for the new event and it was ignored (multiple times). I wasn't able to actually test Scalis or Chardybdis because I don't have any of those things that would spawn them on my prod shard. If the purpose of T1 is to entice people to test the new stuff then make it easy; otherwise people won't bother and the release might have more bugs than needed.

Additionally I brought up, what I think is a clear bug, that the luck helm cannot be altered (and there isn't a garg equiv) and that was also ignored. For any item that was said to be "more than just warriors" it seems a little strange to exclude an entire race from using this item.