I'm gonna sing the Doom song, Doom Doom-Doom-Doom Doom!

Listen, what's going on with the Dark Father anymore? It's the absolute pits.

Here's the thing: You can be absolutely beating the crap out of the guy as a sampire, right? Just smacking those big satisfying three-digit numbers into his face on every swing. Then someone else can come along and be like Vas Flam and the Dark Father will instantly race off after them, while you chase after it, stabbing it in the butt and screaming "Come back coward!"

It's really a drag. It makes the fight basically unplayable until anyone trying to do ranged damage gets the hint and goes away. Like a team of sampire, mage, and archer is objectively way worse off down there than a sampire by himself and that is absolutely terrible in terms of social gameplay.

If you're going to Doom and your mage buddy wants to tag along, you have to either brush them off or find something else to do together. If you're already down there and god forbid another player shows up on his archer or something, the only real choice is to sit back and chill when the Dark Father pops and let him solo until he most likely gives up. Chasing it around trying to stab it in the butt just ain't worth it.

Can someone please take a minute and nerf the target-switching AI? I mean I've interacted with it a lot, and it's not conventional monster AI, and it's not even Paragon AI, it's doing its own annoying thing. I can already solo down there easy enough, I'd just like it if additional players weren't automatically a bad thing to see coming.

Comments

• RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 93
    This isn't a new game mechanic. It's a part of the challenge to work as a team and trust your healers.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,041
    We all stand on same tile 
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 111
    This isn't a new game mechanic. It's a part of the challenge to work as a team and trust your healers.

It's a lot easier to just solo, and if any randos show up, leave them to die. And not just a little easier; much, much easier. That's kind of not a good design paradigm for a public/group boss.
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 93
    Let them run away and die. You can do this!